10+ Year Old Account

An emotional support clown to work

I think I would like me one of these. Since the door has been open for people to have emotional support animals allowed to go everywhere, I think this is a natural progression.

A man in New Zealand was called into a work meeting and feared the worst. So he hired an emotional support clown to join him.

For Joshua Jack, the suspicion he might lose his job was right.

Speaking to Newshub NZ on a video call, Jack confirmed his employer, advertising agency FCB, let him go this week. But having Joe the clown along for the ride definitely "lightened the mood," he said.

When his supervisors scheduled the meeting, he said he "thought it's either a promotion or worse".

"I thought it's best to bring in a professional and so I paid $200 and hired a clown," he added.

By the time the meeting was over, Jack didn't have a job. But he did have two balloon animals: a unicorn and a poodle.

The process to blow them up and shape them got "rather noisy," he said, and the meeting attendees "had to tell [Joe the clown] to be quiet from time to time."

FCB could not immediately be reached for comment. But the New Zealand Herald obtained a photograph showing a man with his face blurred out sitting in an office next to a clown, who is wearing, well, a clown outfit, and what appears to be an inflatable hat. The clown reportedly also mimed crying expressions as Jack went over the paperwork describing his termination.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/wor...ource=rss_feed

If you could have an emotional support animal what would it be? I think I would want a wolverine.

Awesome animals.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-09-14 at 06:18 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    My dog is my emotional support.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    This website and all of you magical people comfort me every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bear obviously, as long asI can get them trained. A big grizzly Kodiak brown bear...

Of course for risk of death I'll settle with my sisters dog who I play with every time I house sit for them.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Look, Imma be honest, if you brought some random man or woman in to my office, I'd fire you.

You would had likely endangered their lives, other staff lives, who is this clown? did his company vetted him before being allowed access? was he simply invited in by the employee? who is this clown? What's next 6 clowns with large duffle bags? walking in to the bank manager's office? "They're just my emotional support

Maybe he was in line to get a raise but got fired because he brought in Pennywise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is this from a parody new site? Because if it’s not I think I know why he was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Is this from a parody new site? Because if it’s not I think I know why he was fired.
    Read the article - it's clear he knew he was going to be fired, and he was just pulling some final "I'm damned anyways" Office-Space-style hilarity. :P

He was going into a "Evaluation Assessment meeting", it wasn't just a regular business meeting. He knew he was getting fired and went out with a bang... or rather, the toot of a honking bike-horn. >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post
    Look, Imma be honest, if you brought some random man or woman in to my office, I'd fire you.

You would had likely endangered their lives, other staff lives, who is this clown? did his company vetted him before being allowed access? was he simply invited in by the employee? who is this clown? What's next 6 clowns with large duffle bags? walking in to the bank manager's office? "They're just my emotional support
    Again, read the article, it's pretty clear he knew he was getting fired already and was just having a laugh on the way out. :P

So a clown hired another clown to watch him get fired?

lmao brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    A man in New Zealand was called into a work meeting and feared the worst. So he hired an emotional support clown to join him.

While the article was written as amusing satire, it's amazing to see people actually BELIEVING this to be the way things transpired - and that they actually believe this wasn't a guy just having an awesome "Middle-Finger" moment to management at his firing meeting. >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    While the article was written as amusing satire, it's amazing to see people actually BELIEVING this to be the way things transpired - and that they actually believe this wasn't a guy just having an awesome "Middle-Finger" moment to management at his firing meeting. >_<
    True, BUT I will admit although I hate clowns it would be cool to have someone trying to cheer me up when I was having a bad day.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Emotional support strippers.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I think I would like me one of these. Since the door has been open for people to have emotional support animals allowed to go everywhere, I think this is a natural progression.

Speaking to Newshub NZ on a video call, Jack confirmed his employer, advertising agency FCB, let him go this week. But having Joe the clown along for the ride definitely "lightened the mood," he said.

When his supervisors scheduled the meeting, he said he "thought it's either a promotion or worse".

"I thought it's best to bring in a professional and so I paid $200 and hired a clown," he added.

By the time the meeting was over, Jack didn't have a job. But he did have two balloon animals: a unicorn and a poodle.

The process to blow them up and shape them got "rather noisy," he said, and the meeting attendees "had to tell [Joe the clown] to be quiet from time to time."

FCB could not immediately be reached for comment. But the New Zealand Herald obtained a photograph showing a man with his face blurred out sitting in an office next to a clown, who is wearing, well, a clown outfit, and what appears to be an inflatable hat. The clown reportedly also mimed crying expressions as Jack went over the paperwork describing his termination.
    If he wasn't already going to be fired before he brought in the clown...that definitely would have sealed the deal.

As far as "emotional support animals" are concerned...for the vast majority of people...what they have is a pet. I think it diminishes actual support animals (like seeing eye dogs). If you need to snuggle with your bunny...go home and snuggle with your bunny.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-09-14 at 10:28 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.