Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    I don't think people really found it difficult it was more probably that it was:
    -time consuming
    -bad computers
    -slow internet
    -new to this type of MMO
    -not knowledgeable enough about classes
    -spamming any button to do damage
    -not prioritizing or optimizing compositions for groups
    -bad CC

Time wins all though, getting good in classic required a lot of time, as we all remember or can see!

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Vanilla was never hard from a complexity/execution standpoint. The hurdles in vanilla were accessibility and experience/knowledge. The knowledge bit we have now, and that can't be unlearned, but the accessibility issues, while maybe being a conventionally bad choice as far as game design goes, gives the world a much larger, epic, and immersive feel.
    could not have said it better

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Vanilla was never hard from a complexity/execution standpoint. The hurdles in vanilla were accessibility and experience/knowledge. The knowledge bit we have now, and that can't be unlearned, but the accessibility issues, while maybe being a conventionally bad choice as far as game design goes, gives the world a much larger, epic, and immersive feel.
    I find the conclusion weird.
    "it's bad design that makes the game better"
    I'd say if it makes the game better... it's actually good design, just not the one being in fashion today ?