Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I think it's not about that...

It's just kinda sad that Blizzard is adding awesome things after they pay-wall. Inb4 "omg, but you still pay subscription", yeah I do. Though I think it should've been like gym. Just because you pay subsription, it doesn't mean you deserve to be fit/ripped/whatever it's called nowadays wihtout any effort. You have to work for it.

People asked for T-mog Bag pack for a long time anyway...
    I'd rather see new things being unlocked through playing the game, not by spending more money. Everything there should've been for some(hard) achievements in archaeology or something. Do Blizzard even know such a profession exists?
    it's not a paywall, it's a reward for a system implemented to draw people into the game. those aren't cashshop items. stop treating it as they put a pricetag on those items, just because you can technically spend 150$ to get them doesn't mean it is intended to be abused in this way. also, who said they won't be adding new unique backslots in next patch ? we are still waiting for ptr of it

Quote Originally Posted by Valdio View Post
    This is the worst thing activision has ever done. This RAF new system is a pyramid scheme. It is not supposed to bring people to the world its supposed to bring people and pressure them to keep playing for you to earn stuff. This bar literally fills up as blizzard gets money. And it fills up faster the more people you have recruited. By using you to advertise a product you have no control over. And that wont give you any share of revenew other that cosmetic stuff that you need to have an active account to earn. I'm surprised the RAF doesnt come in with a box of tupperware so you can sell product to while you are it.
    Wrong.

Your share of the revenue is given to you with free game time. Once every 3 months that subscribed by recruits. It's not Blizzards fault you don't have any friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

So I've recruited myself in the past, if I were to activate that account would I get the rewards as they are technically linked to my Battle net? like they appear in the menu when choosing which account I want to use, the other computer I used to have a seperate account no longer exists.

I don't have any friends who are into computer games, so that won't work so don't bother talking to me about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Demon View Post
    So I've recruited myself in the past, if I were to activate that account would I get the rewards as they are technically linked to my Battle net? like they appear in the menu when choosing which account I want to use, the other computer I used to have a seperate account no longer exists.

I don't have any friends who are into computer games, so that won't work so don't bother talking to me about it lol.
    New players or people that haven’t had game time in 2 years. So if your old account has been dormant for 2 years you can use that one, otherwise you will have to start a new account for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Nice, they made something that should really have been archaeology rewards and monetised it instead. Actiblizz strikes again.
    Excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Son confusing. So if I recruit a friend, I should no longer say "try this game for a month, if you do I get something in-game. If you don't like it, you can always unsub." Now I have to say "try this game, but you have to stay subbed for like an year for me to get anything good." Oof, no pressure, right? That's not recruit-a-friend, that's "guilt-trip a friend into playing."
    Another good point.
    Last edited by morph4037; 2019-09-11 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    New players or people that haven’t had game time in 2 years. So if your old account has been dormant for 2 years you can use that one, otherwise you will have to start a new account for it.
    I have 4 accounts tied to my Battle.net my main one my mums main one and two RAF ones, considering they are on my Battle.net is that even possible? I mean I've RAF'd them before so it would seem so, but where money is involved I like to be 100% sure.

It's been so incredibly long since I did the RAF thing that I just have no real memory of how it works/how it doesn't work. It was around Cata or WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    meh. I'm really not impressed. Not sure if my cynicism comes from the system itself or the fact that it reveals current-WoW to be continually emptying itself of true RPG elements.

Whatever.

I'll keep playing Classic very happily.
    So true, the rpg in retail is so far gone that I forgot what it was until i started playing Classic.

What ActiBlizztard doesn't understand is that they burn up more loyalty every time they do another one of these big cash grabs. Even with all the shills on mmo-c defending the latest collection game junk sale, the real players sigh a bit and get closer to just walking away from the game. This company has no love left for there customers or even of the rpg game that was so special in the beginning.

Welcome to game company management modeled after EA and Las Vegas pathological gambler strategy.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    Excellent point.

Another good point.
    The second post you quotes is factually wrong you didn’t get the rewards for them subbing for a month. In short it’s in no way a good point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    So true, the rpg in retail is so far gone that I forgot what it was until i started playing Classic.

What ActiBlizztard doesn't understand is that they burn up more loyalty every time they do another one of these big cash grabs. Even with all the shills on mmo-c defending the latest collection game junk sale, the real players sigh a bit and get closer to just walking away from the game. This company has no love left for there customers or even of the rpg game that was so special in the beginning.

Welcome to game company management modeled after EA and Las Vegas pathological gambler strategy.
    Blizzard: here have classic the thing many people have been asking for and at no extra cost!

Blizzard two weeks later: Oh we also reworked the recruit a friend system and made it better in every way with new rewards!

People online: OH MY GOD BLIZZARD DOESN'T CARE ANY MORE THEY HAVE NO LOVE FOR THE FANS!

But hey all those “real players” must be really close to leaving with all the recruit a friends rewards they added in the past that you actually would have to pay more for if you wanted them all.... any second now....

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I thought RaF was only new accounts? The old Scroll of Resurrection was for inactives I thought. I've RaF'd myself in the past and I had to make a new account every time. Though of course it could have all changed now that it's redone.

Either way, none of those rewards seem worth the cost to me, and 100% agree with the guy who said they should be Archaeology rewards.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post

That's because all Acti-Blizz cares for is player engagement - that means how often he logs in, how much time he spends in the game and how much money he wastes. The point is to make people log in, run on a treadmill without achieving anything and come back the next day - the mobile gaming mentality. Nobody cares about fun, sense of fulfilment, challenge, satisfaction. MAUs are all that matter to shareholders and that's what the aim is for the company.
    That's why the game doesn't have soul anymore. It's being made by suits instead of gamers (as Acti-Blizz admitted on several occasions many of their devs just play mobile shit now).

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    I thought RaF was only new accounts? The old Scroll of Resurrection was for inactives I thought. I've RaF'd myself in the past and I had to make a new account every time. Though of course it could have all changed now that it's redone.

Either way, none of those rewards seem worth the cost to me, and 100% agree with the guy who said they should be Archaeology rewards.
    Just going by what the blue post states, and it has “new accounts and accounts that haven’t had a paid sub in 2 years.”
    Not saying whether I agree with it or not. I stopped playing this year and I understand why Blizz does things a certain way and never have I seen anything that I personally think is despicable, but that’s my opinion. This is a neat idea how it’s set up, but I also understand why some people are upset about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely these items should have been archaeology profession related discoveries?

15+ Year Old Account
    Recruitment rewards are nothing new and these are actually pretty nice (free game time and all) but it really seems like a missed opportunity for them to release this feature after Classic launched.

Or, well, maybe from their perspective it's better to get those players in the door before they have to start awarding them free gametime?

Teleport to each other and 50% experience. Not the worst I have seen.

At least you can't grant levels to your RAF friend anymore like you could in Wrath...

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Yeah, the timing couldn't be worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Recruitment rewards are nothing new and these are actually pretty nice (free game time and all) but it really seems like a missed opportunity for them to release this feature after Classic launched.

Or, well, maybe from their perspective it's better to get those players in the door before they have to start awarding them free gametime?

Timing was actually carefully planned to make sure that rewards wouldn't be claimed through new subs for classic or subs that would be returning for classic anyway, dooh.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Not the worst idea in the world, but aside from 50% XP bonus, there is no incentive for the "new" user. So the only thing I can see this being good for is people who don't care and realize that their friend is getting all this stuff and they are not, or multiboxers.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What about old rewards, are they gone?
    Find them on BMAH
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I wonder if the Recruiter-Recruited 'link' will not break over time (previously only remained linked for a period of time) and if the recruiter or recruited leave for month or more when returning to pay it will continue to count as a reward for the recruiter without breaking the rewards cycle ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Can't just bring a friend and get your reward anymore like before, gotta keep them in for at least 4 investor reports this time around, oh but don't worry we'll obliterate the exp bonus too, need to keep those boosts selling.
    This system seems way better. Since instead of just getting 1 reward you are consistently rewarded for just playing. It's finally on Par with far better RAF systems from other games like FFXIV and SWTOR where you keep getting bonuses simply by having friends play as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    "The set" is the main prize.

People have been asking for backpacks/rucksacks for a LONG time too, so nice of Activison to offer it for $180 ^-^
    You could get some friends? Though your attitude makes me think that is a lot of the reason you likely don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    This system seems way better. Since instead of just getting 1 reward you are consistently rewarded for just playing. It's finally on Par with far better RAF systems from other games like FFXIV and SWTOR where you keep getting bonuses simply by having friends play as well.

- - - Updated - - -

You could get some friends? Though your attitude makes me think that is a lot of the reason you likely don't.
    All of my friends are playing Classic wow/private servers. So goodluck getting them to RaF for BfA, aint gonna happen :3