Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

New RAF - F that stuff

You know what really grinds my gears...

Veteran players who have been with WoW for over a decade: nothing.

Blizzard: Here's this really cool backpack, but you have to get us new players or bring back some inactive players!!!!

Veteran players: ...

How about just throw out a cool xmog or anything to accounts that have been active supporting your game since 2004-2005. With Blizzard these days everything has to be about making $$ or getting them new subs. Every other MMO on the planet has at least some loyalty system where hey if you've been supporting us you get titles, unique items, etc.

Not WoW. It's just purely transactional at this point, no sense of community or love for the playerbase from Blizz. At least thats how it feels. Like throw us a fucking bone man.

Not even gonna look at this thread because I already expect everyone to call me a whiny bitch. I accept this label. At least what I'm saying is true.

5+ Year Old Account
    So you want veteran rewards? Like in Final Fantasy XIV?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Blizzard: Here's this really cool backpack, but you have to get us new players or bring back some inactive players!!!!

How about just throw out a cool xmog or anything to accounts that have been active supporting your game since 2004-2005. With Blizzard these days everything has to be about making $$ or getting them new subs. Every other MMO on the planet has at least some loyalty system where hey if you've been supporting us you get titles, unique items, etc.

Not WoW. It's just purely transactional at this point, no sense of community or love for the playerbase from Blizz. At least thats how it feels. Like throw us a fucking bone man.

Not even gonna look at this thread because I already expect everyone to call me a whiny bitch. I accept this label. At least what I'm saying is true.
    I mean... 15 years worth of now exclusive event pets, toys, mounts, transmog, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen in the blue post there is nothing preventing veteran players inviting new friends to the game and getting rewards
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Then use a diary next time. Also saying something is true doesn't mean it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I mean... 15 years worth of now exclusive event pets, toys, mounts, transmog, etc.
    15 years worth? What exclusive stuff did we get for subscribing for such a long time?

Quote Originally Posted by Leronas View Post
    15 years worth? What exclusive stuff did we get for subscribing for such a long time?
    nothing for 'subscribing' but for showing up when timed exclusives were active.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, veterans already got their reward:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=245776/...ility-criteria

IMO more valuable than ingame goodies

10+ Year Old Account

It sucks because the backpack has been on demand by roleplayers ever since transmog was added...

When removing the four months of free game time, it is still 184 euro for all rewards..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    nothing for 'subscribing' but for showing up when timed exclusives were active.
    People that were subbed for the first 10 years did get a subscribing reward tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Also, veterans already got their reward:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=245776/...ility-criteria

IMO more valuable than ingame goodies
    Except that if you were a veteran and changed region, you weren't allowed to get a statue either..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Didn't we get Diablo 3 for free and Tyrael's Charger for the yearly pass in MoP? And literally just get the Dreadwake just for using the cheapest sub option?

which is not an item in the list I was responding to and still a singular item restricted to a very specific type of player that really isn't 'veteran'

I've been subscribed for 11 years, just not from the beginning, and I got nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Didn't we get Diablo 3 for free and Tyrael's Charger for the yearly pass in MoP? And literally just get the Dreadwake just for using the cheapest sub option?
    To be honest, even the 6 month sub option only got you a mount - but in this case if you have no friends to recruit, means you have to run a secondary subscription if you would want it. I would GLADLY bind myself to 1 year subscription contract if I could get that stuff, but I can't, as it has to be someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been subscribed for 11 years, just not from the beginning, and I got nothing.
    Only if you were on the 10th anniversary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    As a big avid collector I agree with this, I know its annoying to create stuff for only some of the hardcore long term players but - blizz should give people that have over 10 years game time paid something fucking cool

couldn't agree more dude,it doesn't have to be much like you say ,maybe a transmog or one off bag or something usefull.nope its all about making more money,blizz have had more than enough money from loyal players over the years.

I agree that long term subscribers could be thrown something every once in a while, but it's not like this is just a Blizzard thing. Cell phone companies, cable companies, all sorts of companies do promos for new customers, hell when I got my storage unit, it was $88/month for the first year, and now it's like $235/month despite them not being full. It sucks bit it's the nature of many businesses.

Off the top of my head, if you've been playing since Vanilla then:

Probably some level of Vanilla PvP title on your primary characters.
    Olympic tabard
    Olympic dragon pet
    Battle-pot pet
    Potentially Vanilla/BC transmog and mounts that are now exclusive to veteran players (see: ZG/ZA, Cata revamp removed items)
    Potentially any of the other removed content (CM phoenixes and armor, Glad mounts, Ahead of the curve and removed meta proto drakes)
    A polar bear cub pet
    An Onyxian whelp pet
    A molten corgi pet
    A corehound mount
    Naxx/Wrath launch event reskin transmog
    A Haunted memento
    Probably a Hearthsteed (literally all you had to do was play some hearthstone for free)
    Alliance/Horde themed fireworks (Theramore)
    Theramore toy
    Alliance/Horde weapon transmogs from the warcraft movie
    A cape and toy for Gnomeregan/Dark Spear
    An illidari tabard
    fel-spreader toy
    If you've done the anual pass events (why wouldn't you if you're playing anyway):
    A free copy of Diablo 3
    Tyrael's Charger

I used to be semi ok with cash shop and old RAF rewards because they weren't lore related items... Pretty much all mounts (except for the ones added in WoD), transmog heads, pets are random crap that goes by the rule of cool, not by what makes sense in WoW world.

This Explorer's league stuff however... I can't shake the feeling that these were initially created as Archeology rewards that during developement someone decided they were too cool to just give out for free as a reward for proffesion nobody cares about and voila.

Sad day for WoW.