Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    there have been people that multibox for more than 10 accounts already

calling this a pay to win or squeezing of any sort is retarded

the fact that you are comparing p2w to squeezing is dumb.
    Last edited by Dioporco; 2019-09-11 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    From what I've seen in the blue post there is nothing preventing veteran players inviting new friends to the game and getting rewards
    We all know that's not who this promotion is targeted at. Anyone that would be interested in trying WoW already has. No one is going to just jump into the game and pay for a year of sub time. This is for the people that they already know will be subbed for a year and who also want every reward or collectible possible. It's bullshit marketing tactics and just shows yet again that Blizzard gives no fucks about their customers and is only in it for the money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Actually we have veteran stuff already in game. Remember all those mogs you can't get anymore from Vanilla > WotLK, the chosen gear and some of the stuff that are removed from the game ? They are veteran rewards. But people complain when this kind of stuff is added to the game so that's why you won't see stuff like that. And of course, I know what you want, a true veteran system like in FF. I want this too because it's free stuff for me and a good way for them to keep their subs, but people asked for something like this for years now and it never happened.

As for this, I don't really know how it works. There's still some shady spots about the recruit-a-friend. Will we be able to use the summon all the time ? Or will it be for 3 month like the old RaF system ? Because if it lasts forever, the free month rewards could be cool for a second account. And hell, it's useful to have 2 acc in the current WoW.
    FFXIV has those things as well. But you know what else they also have? Loyalty rewards, because guess what? They actually care about the people that play their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    the fact that you are comparing p2w to squeezing is retarded.
    actually the fact that you compare raf with shop services is the mentally disability here

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    @Raelbo

Could you please tell us what "speech" you have prepared to convince a friend to play BfA and to give you the code for the RAF? for entertainment purposes to all of us?
    Look, I see absolutely zero reason for any kind of deception or convincing anyone. I have several friends who have stopped playing over the years for various reasons and I know that some of them have toyed with the idea of coming back for a bit (and have done so in the past).

The most likely candidate is my brother, with whom I have a very good relationship. I'd likely start by testing the waters and asking him if he's thought about coming back to WoW for a bit. There's no point in trying to pressure him if he clearly has very little interest in coming back to WoW. But if his answer indicates that it's an idea he might consider, then I'll tell him about the RAF thing, why it would be cool for me if he resubs and ask if he'd be keen. (I'd probably tell him about the RAF thing even if he's clearly not interested in resubbing - there's zero need for false pretenses). Also, I'd be pretty clear upfront that he's under no obligation to stay any longer than he wants to. Even if it's just one month, that's still one of the 12 rewards done, which is better than none.

Over all it's not something that I want my brothers or friends doing for me just so that I can get those rewards. That wouldn't sit right with me at all. But if it's clearly a win-win, then why not? He starts playing WoW again because he's keen on it, we get to play a bit together, which is nice, and I get some nice ingame rewards. It's really not a very hard sell if you happen to know the right person. And if you don't know the right person, then that's just something you need to accept and either move on or come up with another plan.

And fortunately in my case I have a plan B: Which is to put out an offer to my friends who weren't going to play, to pay for a year's sub for them. My thinking is this: If none of my friends sign up, then I will just reactivate one of the accounts I made to get one of the previous RAF rewards, and use gold to pay for a year's sub on an account I will never end up using. And if I am going to do that, I may as well donate the game time to a friend who might get some use out of it. Again, I don't think this would be a hard sell. My brother might not be keen to start with WoW again, but I have little doubt that he'll happily go to the effort to re-activate his account and use my gold to buy 12 tokens so that I can get the rewards.

And if he does happen to then decide to login and play a bit at my expense, I'd consider that a double win. The more the merrier!

I admit i dont have speech level at 100 in Skyrim, and have absolutely no idea how to propose this to a friend without revealing my true intentions.

I imagine myself being "discovered" as soon as i started talking. My friends are as cynical as me or even worse than me.
    Why would you need to hide your true intentions though? If they're actual friends, surely you can just be honest and let them know you're basically asking for a favour? I really do think that honesty would be the best policy here. Apart from anything else, they're going to find out one way or another and then your deception will only serve to harm the friendship.

- - - Updated - - -

You have 10 friends willing to play WoW for you? this is the part where i worship you as King of the Nerds.
    I reckon I have 5-6 friends (including my brothers who also played WoW) who would be willing to subscribe to WoW for 1-2 months for me if I asked them to, purely for the purposes of getting these rewards. That being said, it's not something I would feel comfortable doing. I'd at least offer to pay for their subscription if that was the case.

What I do have (I think) is 2-3 friends who might be interested in playing WoW again, not for me specifically, but where they are missing the game or keen for a bit of nostalgia, and are just waiting for the right time to get around to it. That is where this RAF programme could be the tiny nudge that is needed to get them to do it.

And you have a high enough skill of "speech" to be able to do this? i worship you again
    It's not about having a high "speech" skill. It's about building friendships over many years. I'd do the same (or similar) for my friends without needing a speech, simply on the basis that they have earned my friendship - and I theirs.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2019-09-11 at 12:17 PM.

Man, sure would be cool if you could earn cool rewards like this by actually playing the game.

Is there anything you guys won't complain about?

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Man, sure would be cool if you could earn cool rewards like this by actually playing the game.
    man, its almost like they do special things like the anniversary events that give you stuff for doing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    So... You just want everything to be handed to you instantly, eh?

Or are you saying that people should have to work for certain things but because YOU want these rewards they should be given for free and recruit a friend rewards should be something different?

Either way... I don't even know how you function in society.
    So, you don't know how to function in society with people wanting to earn their things without having to rely on too many outside factors? You've clearly not read my comments if you believe I want everything handed to me instantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Surely these items should have been archaeology profession related discoveries?
    Would make the most sense..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    i can already predict a video coming from bellular :

BLIZZARD AND PAY TO WIN tittle in caps ofc , 10 min video talking of how blizzard is greedy
    It's not Pay2Win, though. The most P2W there is in that RAF is the gametime, and that is even if you do a far stretch like some users in the WoW community.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Been playing this game for 13 years straight and here are my 2 cents:

CAN WE STOP WITH THE EXCLUSIVE SHIT ALREADY?

Mage Tower artifact skins, WoD CM weapon skins, MoP CM armor sets, Relentless Gladiator weapons, all the 0.X% drop rate raid mounts. I've had enough of your exclusive/timelimited shit. Can we have proper content added to the game that we don't have to fear of being removed? Some people just want to enjoy the game not ruin their lives leveling all classes to max level just so we can get that one skin (within a set deadline) cus we know we will regret it later....
    Blizz didn't make you do it. You did it yourself. You could have gotten the Mage Tower skins just for the classes you play and been done with it. Don't blame Blizz because you can't control yourself. Don't take good content away from other folks because you can't control yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is where my point is. That you cannot earn them. Heck, if it was an annual pass or a monthly log in reward system, I would gladly take it..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    man, its almost like they do special things like the anniversary events that give you stuff for doing them.
    Except that he said, 'Like this', the anniversary does not have anything like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Blizz didn't make you do it. You did it yourself. You could have gotten the Mage Tower skins just for the classes you play and been done with it. Don't blame Blizz because you can't control yourself. Don't take good content away from other folks because you can't control yourself.
    Can't compare mage tower with RAF either. Mage Tower you could earn on your own.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

People comparing this to P2W and Tower Mage.

I though English was easy to understand as language

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears...

Veteran players who have been with WoW for over a decade: nothing.

Blizzard: Here's this really cool backpack, but you have to get us new players or bring back some inactive players!!!!

Veteran players: ...

How about just throw out a cool xmog or anything to accounts that have been active supporting your game since 2004-2005. With Blizzard these days everything has to be about making $$ or getting them new subs. Every other MMO on the planet has at least some loyalty system where hey if you've been supporting us you get titles, unique items, etc.

Not WoW. It's just purely transactional at this point, no sense of community or love for the playerbase from Blizz. At least thats how it feels. Like throw us a fucking bone man.

Not even gonna look at this thread because I already expect everyone to call me a whiny bitch. I accept this label. At least what I'm saying is true.
    YOu mean like the mounts you are handed simply for subbing to WoW?

- - - Updated - - -

YOu mean like the mounts they gave you for simply subbing for 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Imagine paying with tokens instead of 6month credit card subs.

Imagine paying with tokens instead of 6month credit card subs.
    For a lot of people that would be a drop in the bucket as they already have millions of gold. The only thing stopping you is your cheapness, especally when you consider that it is even cheaper to pay for six months at once than it is to pay a regular monthly subscription for 6 months.

For a lot of people that would be a drop in the bucket as they already have millions of gold. The only thing stopping you is your cheapness, especally when you consider that it is even cheaper to pay for six months at once than it is to pay a regular monthly subscription for 6 months.
    How can be cheaper paying with real money than not paying with money at all?

- - - Updated - - -

YOu mean like the mounts they gave you for simply subbing for 6 months?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    No. I want to play and earn my rewards in games. By playing the game. I don't want free rewards, I don't want real life to blend into it with stuff like recruit a friend or cash shop.

How can be cheaper paying with real money than not paying with money at all?
    I am talking about a regualr monthly subscription with money instead of paying for 6 months at once. A regular monthly subscription is $15/month. You buy a 6 month subscription and it comes out to $12.50/month. So, the only thing stopping you is you being cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

No. I want to play and earn my rewards in games. By playing the game. I don't want free rewards, I don't want real life to blend into it with stuff like recruit a friend or cash shop.
    Except that you are rewarded for playing the game. They are giving you the reward for PLAYING the game for 6 months.

Here is another example, Wonderwing. That is a mount you get by playing the game, in this case completing Pathfinder Part 2. There are plenty of things like that you can get in game for playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    FFXIV has those things as well. But you know what else they also have? Loyalty rewards, because guess what? They actually care about the people that play their game.
    . Not handing shinies to you just cause does not mean they don't care. Loyalty rewards aren't required to show they care either. Putting out a quality game would be the way they try to show they care. YOu are just a selfish player who has the "gimmie, gimmie, gimmies". In other words, you have a sever case of entitlement.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2019-09-11 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    So, you don't know how to function in society with people wanting to earn their things without having to rely on too many outside factors? You've clearly not read my comments if you believe I want everything handed to me instantly.
    There's literally millions of things you can earn in WoW entirely alone and you're going to bitch because a handful of completely worthless items and more retarded pets and mounts require you to have one friend who doesn't play WoW but is considering it...

I don't even know, like this shit is literally useless with the exception of the game time and people are genuinely upset that they need a friend to help them get it. I can't even imagine living life like that.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    are you talkig about what people are selling it for on ebay?
    Yes

The manufacturing cost would be closer to 3 dollars tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    There's literally millions of things you can earn in WoW entirely alone and you're going to bitch because a handful of completely worthless items and more retarded pets and mounts require you to have one friend who doesn't play WoW but is considering it...

I don't even know, like this shit is literally useless with the exception of the game time and people are genuinely upset that they need a friend to help them get it. I can't even imagine living life like that.
    And that is why you wouldn't understand, if you are not interested in other aspects of the game.