Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Except that you are rewarded for playing the game. They are giving you the reward for PLAYING the game for 6 months.

Here is another example, Wonderwing. That is a mount you get by playing the game, in this case completing Pathfinder Part 2. There are plenty of things like that you can get in game for playing the game.
    That is very much incorrect. I am not rewarded for playing the game for 6 months. I am rewarded, for signing a contract, that forces me to pay for 6 months. If I don't play for those 6 months, I still get the mount, that's not a reward for playing the game.

The pathfinder mount is fine, I work to get it, by playing the game. The 6 month subscription mount? No.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But first you would have to find friends who hasn't touched their account for 24 months, or wants to make a new/try the game. That is where I fall limited, annoyingly..
    Ya the timing is rather bad though for me my friends came back in legion so it wouldn’t matter either way.

I know some people who haven’t played I could get to try it but it’s not worth the bother if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Blizz didn't make you do it. You did it yourself. You could have gotten the Mage Tower skins just for the classes you play and been done with it. Don't blame Blizz because you can't control yourself. Don't take good content away from other folks because you can't control yourself.
    Um, you seem to misunderstand. I did not get them. That's the point. Mage Tower was challenging but "Prestigeous" isn't what I'd call it. I got it for 4 specs, including a Healer spec despite never having played a healer in 13 years. I was unable to get them because I did not have all classes at max. Not because they were that hard. It was virtually impossible to level 11 classes to max in that time frame (from the announcement that they would become legacy until the end of the expansion when they were removed) considering we all have school, university, work, family, etc. It was a new account and thus all I had was my boosted char which I used as main and focused all of my time on (as Legion endgame had you plenty occupied). I managed to level 2 characters to 110 in that time period and immedietely got the Mage Tower skin on them, despite having crap gear and close to no knowledge about their specs. About 10-15 attempts per each. How prestigeous weee.
    Point being: The amount of prestige one gets for obtaining them doesn't make up for the loss of such a masterpiece. "But I was there and you weren't" isn't a valid reason to have a fancy armor either. Then why make it exclusive? It is neither so prestigeous, nor does it make you special, nor does being able to play when others were not give you any special rights. Commitment my ass. Sometimes we have reasons beyond commitment for being unable to play and obtain said armor at the time. Simply put it is an UNFAIR system designed to catter to snowflakes.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    So you want veteran rewards? Like in Final Fantasy XIV?
    No ty.

I get ops problem.. they are trying so hard to get new players and things people ask for arecompletely forgotten.
    I mean look at that transmog micro holiday thing. We havent had any old/new transmogs or cool things to collect for like 3 times already.

This is just 1 example.. I mean I completely dropped retail(sort off) to pkay classic and I love it. Classic made me realise retail got ruined (sort off)

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Look, I see absolutely zero reason for any kind of deception or convincing anyone. I have several friends who have stopped playing over the years for various reasons and I know that some of them have toyed with the idea of coming back for a bit (and have done so in the past).

The most likely candidate is my brother, with whom I have a very good relationship. I'd likely start by testing the waters and asking him if he's thought about coming back to WoW for a bit. There's no point in trying to pressure him if he clearly has very little interest in coming back to WoW. But if his answer indicates that it's an idea he might consider, then I'll tell him about the RAF thing, why it would be cool for me if he resubs and ask if he'd be keen. (I'd probably tell him about the RAF thing even if he's clearly not interested in resubbing - there's zero need for false pretenses). Also, I'd be pretty clear upfront that he's under no obligation to stay any longer than he wants to. Even if it's just one month, that's still one of the 12 rewards done, which is better than none.

Over all it's not something that I want my brothers or friends doing for me just so that I can get those rewards. That wouldn't sit right with me at all. But if it's clearly a win-win, then why not? He starts playing WoW again because he's keen on it, we get to play a bit together, which is nice, and I get some nice ingame rewards. It's really not a very hard sell if you happen to know the right person. And if you don't know the right person, then that's just something you need to accept and either move on or come up with another plan.

And fortunately in my case I have a plan B: Which is to put out an offer to my friends who weren't going to play, to pay for a year's sub for them. My thinking is this: If none of my friends sign up, then I will just reactivate one of the accounts I made to get one of the previous RAF rewards, and use gold to pay for a year's sub on an account I will never end up using. And if I am going to do that, I may as well donate the game time to a friend who might get some use out of it. Again, I don't think this would be a hard sell. My brother might not be keen to start with WoW again, but I have little doubt that he'll happily go to the effort to re-activate his account and use my gold to buy 12 tokens so that I can get the rewards.
    Using your brother is cheating is your own flesh and blood
    Im happy for you, for having such healthy relationships in real life.

But unfortunately, at least in my country, people dont take too kindly me asking them to waste money for me.

And i know, i know...maybe in a good relationship this would fly...but personally? All my friends would tell me to "F OFF" and jokingly call me a name

Good luck on your RAF!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    lets be honest here - 99,9% wont be looking for anyone but will simply create artificial account and buy it for themselves.
    That was my point when i started posting, but then i went to explain raelbo the possibility for drama, for who does this the "intended way"
    I feel like this because i have no friends who wouldnt tell me to "F off" when proposed with the idea of wasting 100+ dollars for me.
    Might be a cultural thing...
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-09-11 at 04:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Yes

The manufacturing cost would be closer to 3 dollars tho
    lol alright man. yeah i would love to see you even buy metal that large for 3$

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No ty.

I get ops problem.. they are trying so hard to get new players and things people ask for arecompletely forgotten.
    I mean look at that transmog micro holiday thing. We havent had any old/new transmogs or cool things to collect for like 3 times already.

This is just 1 example.. I mean I completely dropped retail(sort off) to pkay classic and I love it. Classic made me realise retail got ruined (sort off)
    this one didnt have anything new.
    but the last one did, it had a few new things, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Using your brother is cheating is your own flesh and blood
    It certainly does make it a lot easier. But that doesn't make it cheating :P

But unfortunately, at least in my country, people dont take too kindly me asking them to waste money for me.
    Well that's just it. I wouldn't ask people to waste money for me (even if I knew they would if that was the only way). There is the assumption in there that they actually have a real interest in coming back to WoW, they simply haven't gotten around to it and need a gentle push. And like I say, I am happy to even sponsor them (partially or fully) to resub if they are only lukewarm about coming back to the game.

A few years back they were running some RAF type promotion that awarded the spectral gryphon and wyvern for getting someone to resub. I mentioned it to a few of my friends who I knew might be interested in coming back for a stint, and offered to even go half/half on the subscription if they were keen. One of my friends was keen and since he was keen to resub anyway he declined the offer to pay for half his sub.

Really, in the end this is about knowing/finding the right people, rather than being convincing.

And i know, i know...maybe in a good relationship this would fly...but personally? All my friends would tell me to "F OFF" and jokingly call me a name
    Yeah, recruiting a friend is only viable if your friends actually have a realistic prospect of enjoying the game. This promotion is a good opportunity for you go to them and say "hey, you know you were thinking of trying out WoW? Well they're running a promotion at the moment where we'd get some cool perks if you join up". Approaching someone who you know has little or no interest in playing WoW is unlikely to yield success.

And again, if you offer to sweeten the deal, tell them you'll pay for their first 2 months (remember, you get a month free back so it only costs you 1 month) then you have a much greater chance of getting a friend to try it out. And if they enjoy it, they'll pay to keep playing and you'll get those subs back anyway. Just don't let on that you're desperate for them to do so, otherwise they might try get you to keep paying (only if they actually quit, then offer to keep paying).
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2019-09-11 at 04:38 PM.

I am talking about a regualr monthly subscription with money instead of paying for 6 months at once. A regular monthly subscription is $15/month. You buy a 6 month subscription and it comes out to $12.50/month. So, the only thing stopping you is you being cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that you are rewarded for playing the game. They are giving you the reward for PLAYING the game for 6 months.

Here is another example, Wonderwing. That is a mount you get by playing the game, in this case completing Pathfinder Part 2. There are plenty of things like that you can get in game for playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

. Not handing shinies to you just cause does not mean they don't care. Loyalty rewards aren't required to show they care either. Putting out a quality game would be the way they try to show they care. YOu are just a selfish player who has the "gimmie, gimmie, gimmies". In other words, you have a sever case of entitlement.
    I just give the XIV people credit because I've seen how fucking greedy Blizzard has become over the years. If you're going to deny that Blizzard hasn't succumbed to greed then you're just being willfully ignorant.

Vets got a statue in real life..... i'm good for awhile.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I just give the XIV people credit because I've seen how fucking greedy Blizzard has become over the years. If you're going to deny that Blizzard hasn't succumbed to greed then you're just being willfully ignorant.
    Now this is hilarious. The person mad that Blizzard won't give him free hand outs is calling Blizzard greedy. I hate to break it to you, but ALL companies are trying to make money, FFXIV included. That isn't being greedy. Also, Blizzard not giving you free handouts doesn't make them greedy either. The only one greedy here is you with your entitlement behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Also, veterans already got their reward:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=245776/...ility-criteria

IMO more valuable than ingame goodies
    Assuming you didn't slip for whatever reason and miss one day of sub during those ten years.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Assuming you didn't slip for whatever reason and miss one day of sub during those ten years.
    It was for the best because allowing for missed days would have created a slippery slope. You would still have people complaining if they missed out by one day whatever the level was.

It was for the best because allowing for missed days would have created a slippery slope. You would still have people complaining if they missed out by one day whatever the level was.
    Fuck that noise. I missed by 2 days because they didn't sell game time cards at the town I lived and I couldn't get to the nearest city for 2 days.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Fuck that noise. I missed by 2 days because they didn't sell game time cards at the town I lived and I couldn't get to the nearest city for 2 days.
    You illustrate my point exactly. Where do you draw the line? Because people will complain just like you did regardless. I guarantee if they had a different line and you got your statue, you would be telling the players who would be still complaining to stop it. You only hated it because you didn't get the statue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bli$$ard being Bli$$ard

Lol @ WoW's first backpack.. welcome to 2019 dudes I've had these in GW2 for like 7 years now

You illustrate my point exactly. Where do you draw the line? Because people will complain just like you did regardless. I guarantee if they had a different line and you got your statue, you would be telling the players who would be still complaining to stop it. You only hated it because you didn't get the statue.
    As I said, fuck that noise. And don't try to project yourself on me.

It seems like a weird promo since most returning players are returning for classic..

I would like if they let you opt in for game time from the start.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Lol. I'm quite confident in my hobbies. That's why I hang out on a wow forum. Why are you here again? To shill your cosmetic store and then get triggered when people point out its rampant flaws and utter lack of quality or polish?
    Okay. I'm feeling nice so I will add one final post to this debate. For the benefit of others. Not you, cause it would go over your head.

Pointing out the class design in BfA is garbage is a completely valid argument cause even Ion admits they did a poor job. I didn't do it here, but I do it quite often.

Pointing out that FFXIV has less subs at expansion launches than WoW has during content draught, like our friend Hitei here did, is assinine bullshit for the sake of being a jerk cause Blizzard hasn't reportet sub numbers in the past five years. Neither has Square Enix for that matter. He has no way of knowing what he says is true or not and he simply does not care. He just wants to insult people. His other points about the games quality? They don't matter. He is entitled to his oppinion. What he is not entitled to is pulling imaginary arguments out of his ass just so he can be condescending to those who don't like his favorite game.

Everyone with half a brain took notes? Okay.

I just hope the system is made easily so I can get all the RAF mounts.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well ask for something that isn't in FFXIV. It's not my fault it seems to have an answer to most problems people have with the game. You know what? Let's play a game. List me the things you want in WoW and I will tell which one is missing from FFXIV. It should be easy, shouldn't it?
    The same could be said about the MMORPG I play the most, GW2 (where my avatar comes from), but that's silly to just advertise it everywhere.

And the thing I want most from WoW is an ability to play any character immediately at max level in PvP with equal gear and skill choices as everyone else. I love just playing with different classes' gameplay mechanics in a PvP scenario.

Does FFXIV have this? Because GW2 does. Also, I don't pay monthly for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't mean to bash on ya, you seem like a knowledgeable fellow, but not every thread has to be turned into a "my MMO is better" thread.