Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah, thanks random internet poster. I'm glad you know how to run billion dollar businesses better than billion dollar businesses. Have you tried to submit your insights to Blizzard directly? Or would that possibly interfere with what I'm sure is your pending application for CFO?
    So cute when you're trying to be edgy. *cheek pinch*

I'm sure you can't think of any other billion dollar businesses that reward good customers with perks right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I mean... 15 years worth of now exclusive event pets, toys, mounts, transmog, etc.
    This pretty much. There are plenty of inclusive items that new or returning players will NEVER be able to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So cute when you're trying to be edgy. *cheek pinch*

I'm sure you can't think of any other billion dollar businesses that reward good customers with perks right?
    Funny you should mention that as I'm a manager at a call center for a busy cable company. Guess what? We give jack shit to existing customers (some of whom are edging near 50 years of consistent service). The one perk we gave these "VIP" customers was a single fucking $4.99 VOD movie... and they recently cancelled that. It's just how the business model works. If you don't think Blizzard has already cost-assessed the benefit/risk of providing "perks" to existing customers, you're insane. It's nice to get on the internet and pretend like you know how to run the business but if it meant that much to Blizzard we'd already have perks. Hell, I've been on record a few times suggesting a free server xfer with each 12-month of cyclical subscription as a method to help stave the financial burden of being on a dead/dying realm but Blizzard doesn't seem to give a shit about my idea. That really rustles my jimmies but hey, I'm just a random dude on the internet... what the fuck do I know?

Sorry mate but you're not entitled to anything as an existing customer and the subscription you're paying for grants you the service you've deemed is worth the price of admittance. If that rubs you the wrong way, I'm sure you know where the door is. But really, most people when asked to put their money where their mouth is just back off.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-09-17 at 03:36 AM.

Real question is: why do they really need all these dummy accounts? ;3
    They could have sold that stuff for something like 150$ (as you get "back" 4 months anyway) and be real about it.
    Not many people are interested in WoW anymore anyway; I wouldn't play BfA even for free (*) and If WoW was in the state it is now back when when I was starting... I wouldn't be even there at all. I mean... whole leveling "experience" is one big "WTF is this sht" fest. How could they possibly hope to hook someone onto THAT?! It's unreal.

*even back in Cata(!) PTR was full of people that played it simply because they ran out of sub and you could- and still can, play on PTR without sub, but none does that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Funny you should mention that as I'm a manager at a call center for a busy cable company. Guess what? We give jack shit to existing customers (some of whom are edging near 50 years of consistent service). The one perk we gave these "VIP" customers was a single fucking $4.99 VOD movie... and they recently cancelled that. It's just how the business model works. If you don't think Blizzard has already cost-assessed the benefit/risk of providing "perks" to existing customers, you're insane. It's nice to get on the internet and pretend like you know how to run the business but if it meant that much to Blizzard we'd already have perks. Hell, I've been on record a few times suggesting a free server xfer with each 12-month of cyclical subscription as a method to help stave the financial burden of being on a dead/dying realm but Blizzard doesn't seem to give a shit about my idea. That really rustles my jimmies but hey, I'm just a random dude on the internet... what the fuck do I know?

Sorry mate but you're not entitled to anything as an existing customer and the subscription you're paying for grants you the service you've deemed is worth the price of admittance. If that rubs you the wrong way, I'm sure you know where the door is. But really, most people when asked to put their money where their mouth is just back off.
    cute (in a pathological way), isnt it. a "manager" (who apparently never has left his phone box) comparing cable to MMO due to its one similiarity - subscription. (if blizzney would give jack shit about existing customers, WoW would be already dead, as ur cable company would.)
    but i guess (let me quote urself) its nice to get on the internet and pretend like u know how to run the business...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears...

Veteran players who have been with WoW for over a decade: nothing.

Blizzard: Here's this really cool backpack, but you have to get us new players or bring back some inactive players!!!!

Veteran players: ...

How about just throw out a cool xmog or anything to accounts that have been active supporting your game since 2004-2005. With Blizzard these days everything has to be about making $$ or getting them new subs. Every other MMO on the planet has at least some loyalty system where hey if you've been supporting us you get titles, unique items, etc.

Not WoW. It's just purely transactional at this point, no sense of community or love for the playerbase from Blizz. At least thats how it feels. Like throw us a fucking bone man.

Not even gonna look at this thread because I already expect everyone to call me a whiny bitch. I accept this label. At least what I'm saying is true.
    That already exists.

For example, I love my Frosty pet

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Real question is: why do they really need all these dummy accounts? ;3
    They could have sold that stuff for something like 150$ (as you get "back" 4 months anyway) and be real about it.
    Not many people are interested in WoW anymore anyway; I wouldn't play BfA even for free (*) and If WoW was in the state it is now back when when I was starting... I wouldn't be even there at all. I mean... whole leveling "experience" is one big "WTF is this sht" fest. How could they possibly hope to hook someone onto THAT?! It's unreal.

*even back in Cata(!) PTR was full of people that played it simply because they ran out of sub and you could- and still can, play on PTR without sub, but none does that anymore.
    I dont think Blizzard is naive.
    This will be a 200€ package of goodies for many people..and im pretty sure Blizzard is well aware of this.

I dont have proof yet, but i can login in BfA after this goes live and check ingame if anyone has the transmog equipped on day 1.
    Whale detected.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-09-17 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears...

Veteran players who have been with WoW for over a decade: nothing.

Blizzard: Here's this really cool backpack, but you have to get us new players or bring back some inactive players!!!!

Veteran players: ...

How about just throw out a cool xmog or anything to accounts that have been active supporting your game since 2004-2005. With Blizzard these days everything has to be about making $$ or getting them new subs. Every other MMO on the planet has at least some loyalty system where hey if you've been supporting us you get titles, unique items, etc.

Not WoW. It's just purely transactional at this point, no sense of community or love for the playerbase from Blizz. At least thats how it feels. Like throw us a fucking bone man.

Not even gonna look at this thread because I already expect everyone to call me a whiny bitch. I accept this label. At least what I'm saying is true.
    The problem you face is you start with a lie. you claim we've gotten nothing, when in fact we have.

Despite your lie (which on its own destroys your position) I might support this, but first you have to make an affirmative case for it... pointing at other games and saying 'but they have it' isn't affirmative. Make the case and you might actually find folks to support you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I dont think Blizzard is naive.
    This will be a 200€ package of goodies for many people..and im pretty sure Blizzard is well aware of this.

I dont have proof yet, but i can login in BfA after this goes live and check ingame if anyone has the transmog equipped on day 1.
    Whale detected.
    Have you even read what I wrote? No? Thought so.

Old players do have special titles like "hand of Adal" and mogs that got removed because of change of seeason or loot table

Let's be honest here. Blizzard is shit to reward customer loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by Final Verdict View Post
    cute (in a pathological way), isnt it. a "manager" (who apparently never has left his phone box) comparing cable to MMO due to its one similiarity - subscription. (if blizzney would give jack shit about existing customers, WoW would be already dead, as ur cable company would.)
    but i guess (let me quote urself) its nice to get on the internet and pretend like u know how to run the business...
    Did you even bother to read either post? Dude asked for an example, I provided him one. I also never said either company would be dead if there were more perks for existing customers, just that if there was a benefit for this kind of thing it would likely already exist. At no point did I imply I knew better than Blizzard which is exactly what the guy I had quoted did in his first post.

That said, it's entirely possible that I'm completely, totally and 100% incorrect in my observations. I'll quote myself again here: What the fuck do I know? I'm just a random dude on the internet. And maybe the guy I quoted is right. Blizzard simply hates its existing customers because it's a giant, faceless mega corporation run by bean counters who cost analyze every facet of the company to ensure it is always operating at maximum cockbag levels of insulation from player suggestion. But maybe, just maybe, the truth is somewhere in the middle and nobody really knows because it's none of our fucking business.

blizzard gives us stuff each WoW anniversary. This year we will get the Deathwing looking mount.
    People are silly, crying like little kids over a backpack transmogrify.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Have you even read what I wrote? No? Thought so.
    Didnt you mean by "dummy accounts" people creating...dummy accounts to get the rewards?
    Thats how i read it. My bad if i read it incorrectly. Sorry.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    I want a fucking unicorn that fly and leave trail of rainbow similar like altar of ashes (kinda) and poop out rainbow stuff... that's all i am asking for...
    Finally. People ask for something Square Enix does not provide. Fair is fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike the new RAF stuff, mostly cause it looks exactly like a pyramid scheme, the only difference, is that you won't get money in the process but products (so can't be called a scam)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Didnt you mean by "dummy accounts" people creating...dummy accounts to get the rewards?
    Thats how i read it. My bad if i read it incorrectly. Sorry.
    I did, I just didn't get your response at all considering what I have said; pretty sure they will "sell" plenty of this "stuff" but these "recruited" accounts will be something like 90% of just throw away dummy accounts.