Page 1 of 3
LastLast

will JC ever be good again?

I remember basically printing gold with JC/Enchanting in Wrath and Cata. I used to wake up with sometimes 15-20k gold in my mailbox. Sure half of it went back into buying Ore but it was still satisfying to see so much AH spam in my mail. However, recently the profession just seems bad. It just doesnt have the same appeal as it did before they nerfed all the gear in the game by removing jewel slots. Will JC ever be a good profession again like it used to be?

All proffesions apart from Alchemy are kinda meh.

It wouldn't even be hard to fix them. For JWC: remove socket titanforging and add back colour sockets to gear pieces, basically old system without meta socket.

Give everyone all gathering proffesions by default like first aid, cooking and archeology so people can pick 2 main proffesions. Go back to old system of dropping patterns and recipes in raids and being able to craft sellable epic BoEs.

I dont know why are they trying all this bullshit when there are things that worked before. Legendary crafting was only good thing they did recently.

When this current patch was new, I basically made 500k in the first week with epic gems. Now, everyone's caught up and it's not so lucrative.

For this expansion? No, probably not. In the future? Depends on what they do with gems going forward. If they add another expansion where gems are completely random then JC will continue to be garbage, but if they make it so every piece has 2-3 gem slots again then it'll be profitable for sure.

They could also add some kind of gear to it, like rings/neck that are actually good. This seems plausible in the next expansion, but won't happen during this one.

That being said JC has always been kind of weird. I made millions buying Felslate Ore and prospecting it then selling the raw gems, but I feel like that really isn't how any profession should work. But again, until gems have value again the profession as a whole is garbage. I mean JC is probably 50x worse than any other profession right now, it isn't even particularly close. At least every other profession has some form of profit from crafting, JC really just doesn't unless you want to count the old panther mounts which I don't really think count because of their time requirement and slow sale rate.

If TF/WF/Random Socket isnt removed next expansion, dont bother with JC.

Gear has to have bis stats or tfed, and have Lucky socket before someone even consider to gem it, and even if they did, there's no guarantee that they'll buy your gem anyway.

First week of every expansion always aim for Darkmoon card and quick epic gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    If TF/WF/Random Socket isnt removed next expansion, dont bother with JC.

Gear has to have bis stats or tfed, and have Lucky socket before someone even consider to gem it, and even if they did, there's no guarantee that they'll buy your gem anyway.

First week of every expansion always aim for Darkmoon card and quick epic gear.
    Thats not true at all, gems usually are valueable more than 10 ilvl. The problem is that raw gems are so extremly easy to get.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I remember basically printing gold with JC/Enchanting in Wrath and Cata. I used to wake up with sometimes 15-20k gold in my mailbox. Sure half of it went back into buying Ore but it was still satisfying to see so much AH spam in my mail. However, recently the profession just seems bad. It just doesnt have the same appeal as it did before they nerfed all the gear in the game by removing jewel slots. Will JC ever be a good profession again like it used to be?
    Jewelcrafting will never even begin to be "good" again for as long as prospecting ores not only have over 50% chance of not giving a gem, but also give you random quality, random color gems. Because having go gather 35 Scarlet Diamonds to craft an Eternal Kraken's Eye Loop back in 8.1 and then prospecting two full stacks of Stormsilver Ore and getting not a single Scarlet Diamond finally made me gave up on Jewelcrafting for good.

Traded it for Engineering and now I'm very happy with my 445 Azerite headpiece, and having fun with my nitro boosters and cape glider.

Sockets are too rare for the market to ever be in a state of non-over-saturation. Whomever designed the system of gear having all these RNG aspects to it really didn't consider the profession impact of making the mainstay product a freakin' dice roll. Gems are valuable stat-wise, which is great, but since most players seem to have between 0-2 sockets on gear most of the time the product just doesn't move. So we went from having 10+ gems on our gear to hoping you get lucky, or I suppose hoping that tons of other people get lucky and need to buy your gems. Statistically, not likely to happen, so the product just never moves and prices tank within a week. I'm fine with the idea of the tertiary stats being random chance, I'm even okay with warforging (not titanforging), but sockets should absolutely never be random - we desperately need them to be static aspects of gear again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Thats not true at all, gems usually are valueable more than 10 ilvl. The problem is that raw gems are so extremly easy to get.
    What are you responding to? are you high?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    What are you responding to? are you high?
    You said items has to be tf'd that people socket it, which is clearly not the case aswell as not the problem why gems are so extremly cheap. I dont have a miner nor prospector, yet i have a bank full with raw epic gems thanks to the scrapper.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

JC turned to shit when sockets became random tertiary bonus.

Many raiders had to buy 500k worth of epic gems on average to get their 440 rings but JC is bad apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Many raiders had to buy 500k worth of epic gems on average to get their 440 rings but JC is bad apparently.
    You're equating two entirely different things. The profession ring is good, and decently expensive to make one of, but just selling two gems en masse just to other Jewelcrafters at a tier launch is not indicative of the entire profession's money making ability. Especially when the bulk of those sales that you're citing were due to remaking the gem over and over to reroll for the best stats, which high end raiders will do because their style of play is that they will spend enormous amounts to min/max, which is not true for most players. We didn't make money by cutting gems and fully utilizing the profession, we were prospecting massive amounts of ore to sell just the two gems needed for the profession ring to other Jewelcrafters and literally vendoring full 200 stacks of the other gems because they couldn't be sold for more than the vendor cost 95% of the time, and certainly not at that volume with sockets being RNG.

This was a short-lived, niche way to turn a profit, while the actual core of the profession isn't worth bothering with.

Currently in BFA...nope. Its very bad in 8.2. I only sell 310 rings, few 310/340 staff's. And if gem prices drops soon, the 370 staff.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

It's just a lot of time and gold into professions these days for very little usefulness. And it is all professions (save alchemy). I don't expect BIS to be produced by crafting, but it should be able to be competitive, or why even bother these days.

i used to be rich in cata with JC. Miss that as well

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    i used to be rich in cata with JC. Miss that as well
    And Wrath with 300+ jc patterns, people would buy anything

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    *i foresee Trump wearing a hat saying make Jewelcrafting great again*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Unless they completely rework the profession or bring back a gem system that isn't dogshit,JC will remain a dead profession

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    Give everyone all gathering proffesions by default like first aid, cooking and archeology so people can pick 2 main proffesions. Go back to old system of dropping patterns and recipes in raids and being able to craft sellable epic BoEs.
    I'd rather go with two primary professions (crafting) and one gathering profession (herb, skin, mine) for each character. That way people would play the game and find a few herbs/ores while doing it, instead of having a dual gathering alt and treat it like a second job you need to have in order to raid.
    Maybe a chance to get resources related to your gathering skill while completing WQ or killing bosses in dungeons and raids.

Jewelcrafting is less profitable than previous expansions because sockets are rare and ores are useless (osmenite has literally no consumable use outside prospect)