Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Unless they completely rework the profession or bring back a gem system that isn't dogshit,JC will remain a dead profession
    I agree, which is sad because of all professions it was my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Unless they completely rework the profession or bring back a gem system that isn't dogshit,JC will remain a dead profession
    Like 90% of professions unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Like 90% of professions unfortunately...
    to some extent,kinda yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eltonmiller View Post
    What is JC?
    Jewelcrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear needs to have non random sockets again.
    If you then have gems that convert secondary stats into other secondary stats, you'd effectively have reforging back as well.

CCP approve this thread. It has been cleansed of impure discussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post motivated by frustration:

A guy can't even begin to make a little gold from JC today before these idiots come in and tank the prices.Yesterday I was comfortably selling the Mastery epic gem at 200g. I log in this morning and the price is down to 90g.

Why, cause some douche posted 5 or 6 at 129g, and the drop ensued. Jesus, what cunts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzdoctor View Post
    If you then have gems that convert secondary stats into other secondary stats, you'd effectively have reforging back as well.
    This'd be an interesting idea tbh, with sockets you could have them linked to the secondary stats slots. The gem could convert say 30% of the stat and also add a flat amount for the actual gem bonus.

[Gloves of Testing]
    [100 Int]
    [100 Sta]
    [80 Mastery] {}
    [100 Crit] {}

[Prism of Critting]
    Converts 30% of a stat to crit and adds a further 30 crit.
    Choose a gem slot:

[80 Mastery]{X}
    [100 Crit]{}

[56 Mastery](O)
    [154 Crit]

And if you don't want to reforge, simply use it in the crit slot:

[80 Mastery]{}
    [100 Crit]{X}

[80 Mastery]
    [130 Crit]{O}
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    For this expansion? No, probably not. In the future? Depends on what they do with gems going forward. If they add another expansion where gems are completely random then JC will continue to be garbage, but if they make it so every piece has 2-3 gem slots again then it'll be profitable for sure.

They could also add some kind of gear to it, like rings/neck that are actually good. This seems plausible in the next expansion, but won't happen during this one.

That being said JC has always been kind of weird. I made millions buying Felslate Ore and prospecting it then selling the raw gems, but I feel like that really isn't how any profession should work. But again, until gems have value again the profession as a whole is garbage. I mean JC is probably 50x worse than any other profession right now, it isn't even particularly close. At least every other profession has some form of profit from crafting, JC really just doesn't unless you want to count the old panther mounts which I don't really think count because of their time requirement and slow sale rate.
    JC mounts were duped to shit, so those are worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    They need to go back to the old ways where sockets were in more items. And while they're at it, make enchanting able to enchant more items. As it stands atm there is relative little money to make, compared to the glory days of WotLK/Cataclysm and perhaps MoP.
    They could even have it where sockets are guaranteed to be built in to every ring and neck just like enchanters get ring and weapon enchants as definite selling points.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Its not just a jc problem but a problem with all craftingprofessions in general these later expansions. The only profession that is somewhat alive and well is alchemy/herbalism.
    Herbalism because the flowers arent somthing a non-herbalist player get while doing other things, so markets arent as flooded with them :P
    Alchemy is alive and well because flasks and pots is something players consume on a regular basis. Its not like the other professions where players buy what they need once then they are done.

But for all other professions Mats are too easy to come by. Players are getting mats just from doing other things without even trying and putting it out on ah. The scrabbot increases the amount of mats even further.

This leads to pretty much every profession market becoming oversaturated with items. A larger supply than demand means a price dropoff. but even at a lower prize the supply is higher than demand. so the prize drops all the way down to whatever the material cost is.

Imo blizz needs to take a good loook at vanilla/classic. Materials needs to be more scarce than they are now (scrapbot is the big culprit this expansion).
    Recepies should be something you farm for or go out of your way to get. Not something everyone gets from the trainer.

Overall, for professions to be interesting they need to take effort to level up. A profession should be something you invest time and effort in, not something you get by spending 30min in town and then ur done.

I also think blizz should try and make consumables from all professions aswell as alot more crafts that requires materials from multiple professions. Consumables that players use on a somewhat regular basis. Vantus runes were a good addition. I wish they brought back engineering consumables for use in pve and pvp.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2019-11-15 at 09:04 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    The price of a certain gem is currently sitting over 500g. I've managed to sell 12 of them.

Let's how long the party lasts before some buffon comes in and undercuts it down to 50-200g range

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I remember basically printing gold with JC/Enchanting in Wrath and Cata. I used to wake up with sometimes 15-20k gold in my mailbox. Sure half of it went back into buying Ore but it was still satisfying to see so much AH spam in my mail. However, recently the profession just seems bad. It just doesnt have the same appeal as it did before they nerfed all the gear in the game by removing jewel slots. Will JC ever be a good profession again like it used to be?
    Are you kidding me? I made over 2 mil gold during BFA selling gems. Green/Red gems for rings... Just mill, and sell during the first few weeks of a new design.... HUGE profits. Good is such a subjective term in regards to this. That ring, when you get it, is so amazing for the time. Huge ilvl boost. JC is one of the best prof imo for BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Annnnd they've undercut it by 50%

Let the drop ensue

Can't remember whether I dreamed it or not, but I'm sure I saw something regarding gems being used in the crafting/itemisation process such as adding haste gems to the craft makes it a haste item...

As I said could have dreamt it.

Would certainly keep JC relevant though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    All proffesions apart from Alchemy are kinda meh.

It wouldn't even be hard to fix them. For JWC: remove socket titanforging and add back colour sockets to gear pieces, basically old system without meta socket.

Give everyone all gathering proffesions by default like first aid, cooking and archeology so people can pick 2 main proffesions. Go back to old system of dropping patterns and recipes in raids and being able to craft sellable epic BoEs.

I dont know why are they trying all this bullshit when there are things that worked before. Legendary crafting was only good thing they did recently.
    It's so they can say "well some people didn't like it. and then later when they return all of that stuff they then say back "see guys, we're giving it all back to you (of course with a twist), we are listening. aren't we great?".

5+ Year Old Account
    Saddening to read, I dropped JC (went engineer) after years of being JC because of everything discussed here.

If it’s made relevant again in shadowlands I’ll change back in a heart beat.

if you want gold, alchemy/ench or alchemy/herb is the way to go. been that way for years, and unless they drastically change the way potions work that's not going to change.

now i will say, JC and a bunch of other professions can actually make some good BoP gear this expac, so it's not as bad as it's been in the past.

but yeah, i too stick with my nostalgia professions on my main even though it's such a waste.

All professions are hurting right now, cause of the artificial material scarcity. That keeps the raw mats prices up and even "good" professions like alchemy are at the mercy of procs to make any money, as 1:1 it's more profitable to sell the mats then craft something out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Are you kidding me? I made over 2 mil gold during BFA selling gems. Green/Red gems for rings... Just mill, and sell during the first few weeks of a new design.... HUGE profits. Good is such a subjective term in regards to this. That ring, when you get it, is so amazing for the time. Huge ilvl boost. JC is one of the best prof imo for BFA.
    a lot of professions can make good money at opportune times in the patch cycle, but typically those opportune moments require you to forgo playing new content and dedicate most of your time to the AH/gathering mats to make the most of it, which a lot of people don't want to do for obvious reasons.