Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Any vanilla zones with good stories?

Hey.

Which vanilla zones have good stories and are worth going through now that you can't out level a zone anymore?

Dosen't matter if horde or alliance.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Deleted
    Silithus is brilliant.

not sure if this counts.

Badlands is pretty amusing when you get to the Deathwing bit.

Southern Barrens or Stonetalon for Horde has some decent stuff.

Thousand Needles is pretty decent once you get the boat and start going after the Grimtotem.

Beyond that I can't think of anything else sorry.

Hard to remember after the Cata remake, but I remember Stonetalon Mountains were more interesting at least.
    Mother pus bucket!

My favorite zones are westfall, feralas, stvs, and ungoro. I plan on doing them all again now, but not for the story. It's the atmosphere and the inky black potion that draws me to them.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    My favorite zones are westfall, feralas, stvs, and ungoro. I plan on doing them all again now, but not for the story. It's the atmosphere and the inky black potion that draws me to them.
    Thank you!

I forgot about Westfall. The Defias resurgence story was actually not that bad either.

As horde, Stonetalon mountains is briliant, especially if you want see Garrosh in different light. I would recommend this for everyone.

Silverpine forest is also very atmospheric and well written.
    Last edited by ManiaCCC; 2018-01-17 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    For Horde I really enjoyed Stonetalon Mountains and rising through ranks and Azshara in general

Silverpine Forest
    Stonetalon Mountains

Alliance: Redridge Mountains. The Rambo story.

Darkshire/Duskwood was pretty interesting. That house on the hill with the crazy skeleton guy and Hermit In the Shack Guy questline were creepy

5+ Year Old Account
    UnGoro, because it is a beautiful zone. Southern Barrens has a strong Horde vs Ally theme. Honestly, there are a lot of cool zones.

I loved blood elves lore in Eversong and Ghostlands, also pre-Cata WPL and EPL were awesome zones. As for now, new Forsaken lore is decent (Silverpine, Hillsbrad). Hinterlands are good as well. That's all I can recall, i did post-Cata questing once and it was like 7 years ago.

So, It seems like Undead would be the race, Do tirisfall, Silverpine and maby hilsbrad? Then off to Stonetalon, Needles, Feralas, Hinterlands, badlands and the plaguelands and maby ungoro, Blasted lands & Silithus if i have any lvls left. Tho i doubt leveling is so slow that i can actully finish all that before 60
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2018-01-17 at 02:55 PM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ferelas, Silverpine, Stonetalon and Blasted Lands.

Deleted
    +1 to Silverpine Forest and Stonetalon Mountains for the Horde - great storylines that really give an understanding of the relevant personalities (though Silverpine Forest as a Forsaken always leaves me feeling like the bad guy).

I also really love Reah's story which is the main quest through The Badlands. Plus, of course, The Day Deathwing Came! ("Obviously I chose the blood elf.")

10+ Year Old Account
    Stonetalon is probably the only place where you see garrosh do something half decent, so i recommend playing through that.

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    darkshire/duskwood was pretty interesting. That house on the hill with the crazy skeleton guy and hermit in the shack guy questline were creepy
    stitches!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Be sure to do the welcome to the machine quest if you're going horde.