1. #1

    Making gold on retail now is only with professions?

    Some professions don't seem like giving much gold and there's really few things that i can sell for a good price, such as herbs/pots flasks.

    I don't know anything else to do to make gold, any tips?

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Every profession is profitable if you're crafting the right things. Personally I don't use Blacksmithing or Engineering simply because I don't have 120 characters with those professions and you need to get to Nazjatar for profit, but I regularly use JC/Alchemy/Tailoring/Enchanting/Leatherworking/Inscription because I have three 120s so I can only use 6 professions.

    As for non-professions you can sometimes do 4 world quests for 2k gold, although personally I don't because 2k gold isn't really worth the effort of running around doing world quests, but it's an option for an extra couple thousand gold a week. Most of my gold just comes from flipping stuff on the AH though, sometimes it's profession mats, sometimes it's BoE epics, sometimes it's other random stuff. That does require capital though, if I only had like 50k gold I don't know if I'd really want to try flipping, I'd probably get at least 100-200k through professions before I started doing that.

  3. #3
    I would recommend checking out reddit.com/r/woweconomy for some tips and ideas. There is a lot of stuff you can do without professions: old raid farming, transmog farming, WQ's, AH flipping (this is the most profitable once you learn a certain market), etc.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Every profession is profitable if you're crafting the right things. Personally I don't use Blacksmithing or Engineering simply because I don't have 120 characters with those professions and you need to get to Nazjatar for profit, but I regularly use JC/Alchemy/Tailoring/Enchanting/Leatherworking/Inscription because I have three 120s so I can only use 6 professions.

    As for non-professions you can sometimes do 4 world quests for 2k gold, although personally I don't because 2k gold isn't really worth the effort of running around doing world quests, but it's an option for an extra couple thousand gold a week. Most of my gold just comes from flipping stuff on the AH though, sometimes it's profession mats, sometimes it's BoE epics, sometimes it's other random stuff. That does require capital though, if I only had like 50k gold I don't know if I'd really want to try flipping, I'd probably get at least 100-200k through professions before I started doing that.
    Oh yea, in BoD content i had so much BoE's and sold them all for a high price but i don't farm BoE's anymore and not getting any, just unlucky. I personally hate doing world quests. I like some dailies, but world quests is boring for me too. I could even get gold by getting paragons they give some quite nice amount but i personally prefer something that i can just create or farm, i used to get medallions of lost legion and sell them, cause people want the rep as i once did too, to get flying faster.
    And some random volatile materials to create mounts and some other items.

    But besides that, on actual content i have no idea what to do besides my combo of herbs and alchemy.


    @Beornegar thank you for the advice

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Some professions don't seem like giving much gold and there's really few things that i can sell for a good price, such as herbs/pots flasks.

    I don't know anything else to do to make gold, any tips?

    Thank you in advance.
    solo old raids. You should doing them for mounts anyways. If you run Mythic HFC, Mythic Blackrock, Heroic Firelands, and Heroic Dragonsoul on 3 or 4 chars each week thats a TON of gold.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    solo old raids. You should doing them for mounts anyways. If you run Mythic HFC, Mythic Blackrock, Heroic Firelands, and Heroic Dragonsoul on 3 or 4 chars each week thats a TON of gold.
    i have almost all the mounts and i can't see those raids in front of me anymore xD

  7. #7
    Selling key is the most lucrative one atm, 100k-120k depending on the server, 5 of your player post in trade chat in 5 different major server.

    Its closer to 30k per 30 minute per person (not based on RNG at all), 60k if you can carry 2 player per run.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    Selling key is the most lucrative one atm, 100k-120k depending on the server, 5 of your player post in trade chat in 5 different major server.

    Its closer to 30k per 30 minute per person (not based on RNG at all), 60k if you can carry 2 player per run.
    Ye i'm at tarren mill and they get a lot of gold with boosts and all but i don't like that type of making gold, i don't doubt they get a lot of gold, i even have a friend that receives from stuff like that daily 200-300k, not for me tho. I don't mind making gold slowly but i want something that actually doesn't include just herbs and professions. I discovered some stuff from old expansions that sells like materials for mounts and all but i feel like farming something new as well. Seems a bit limited, and now even more that a lot of people is at classic playing instead of retail.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Ye i'm at tarren mill and they get a lot of gold with boosts and all but i don't like that type of making gold, i don't doubt they get a lot of gold, i even have a friend that receives from stuff like that daily 200-300k, not for me tho. I don't mind making gold slowly but i want something that actually doesn't include just herbs and professions. I discovered some stuff from old expansions that sells like materials for mounts and all but i feel like farming something new as well. Seems a bit limited, and now even more that a lot of people is at classic playing instead of retail.
    If you dont like herbing then your only choice is AH flipping or training a pet to 25 and sell it, but i doubt the market really cares about collecting pet battle at the current state of the game, if that's your choice then you'd better start installing TSM.

    You can also farm Devilsaur hides or rare item in Classic and sell it for BFA gold, my friend got alot of token from Classic farming while leveling.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    If you dont like herbing then your only choice is AH flipping or training a pet to 25 and sell it, but i doubt the market really cares about collecting pet battle at the current state of the game, if that's your choice then you'd better start installing TSM.

    You can also farm Devilsaur hides or rare item in Classic and sell it for BFA gold, my friend got alot of token from Classic farming while leveling.
    I like herbalism, but it's the same source of gold everytime, and farming herbs gets a bit tiring and flask pots vendoring, i used to do farms like bones to get the dinosaur mount in pandaria, medallion of the legion, etc and mats for mounts, such as sky golem mats, etc. Cause mounts will always be a thing regardless, and people sometimes buy the materials cause they have no time to farm, i just found out the sky golem farm i used to do still gives me a pretty nice amount of gold daily and weekly. I have trained pet to 25 (twilight clutch sister) for bfa, since it's one of the most used that you can sell but has not sold yet for 2 weeks. And i still have 2 more sit waiting for me to buy the item to make them 25. If that one doesn't sell and it's the most used on current content, i don't know which pet will. TSM confuses me, i use actionator and auction master together.

  11. #11
    Do you like to sit in the city, and play the auction house and make gold "passively" with minimal time investment?

    Then go and buy low and sell high, and craft glyphs, some of them still sell well and are worth it (Legion glyphs mostly). There are some items that are good to buy at a low price and then relist at a higher price. This takes some gold to start with and patience but can feel very rewarding.


    Do you like to farm?

    Then go do anything. Whatever is the most fun to you. Farm herbs or ore, or go and farm old raids and dungeons and sell the gear. This is especially good if you like to also collect transmog gear for yourself.


    Do you like to do neither of the two?

    Just buy a gold token.

  12. #12
    If you enjoy casual stuff like WQ for daily emissarys a fleet of ALT's (8-14) can get you to free playtime and 250k-500k additional per month.

    Got some friends who only doing a weekly+10 for gear progression and playing just a fleet of ALT's with free gametime and hovering around 5-9mio gold.

    They do not craft, they do not sell boost, they do not get lucky with BoE's. They are just playing the casual stuff with flexible playtimes.

    If you are into tanking/healing on your ALT's you could also take advantage from the dungeon satchel, its 1k gold and 2-4 runes (each 900+ gold) for a 15-20mins dungeon.

    TLDR: forget AH, crafting, boost, just do the casual stuff with ALT's and get filthy rich
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  13. #13
    you will ALWAYS get the most gold by flipping items

    whoever says otherwise, has never really understood how to set up TSM and did not spend much time at the AH

    the question is: do you want to invest your time and learn how to get rich, or be lazy and do farms that 99% of the players are doing (boosting also counts as lazy farming in my eyes)
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

    giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    you will ALWAYS get the most gold by flipping items

    whoever says otherwise, has never really understood how to set up TSM and did not spend much time at the AH

    the question is: do you want to invest your time and learn how to get rich, or be lazy and do farms that 99% of the players are doing (boosting also counts as lazy farming in my eyes)
    True, especially start of tier BoE's can make you a fortune, in tomb of sargeras, i got a heroic BoE, which was selling 500k~ i saw a heroic WF BoE for 500k, so i bought it, sold my normal one for 500k, sold the WF for 750k. 200k~ made by flipping 1 item.

    Imagine putting that effort into all BoE's you can make a million a day.
    Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.
    "Do you guys not have phones?"
    "You think you do, but you don't"

  15. #15
    Raw gold farm is always reliable, because it doesn't rely on the economy. Just run old instances/raids for money. Check out youtube for optimized routes/selections of instances.

    Or you can just run the raids that drop mounts, thus farming mounts at the same time.

  16. #16
    Grunt textz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    friendly, friendly
    Posts
    11
    there r some alternatives, but professions offer sufficient RoI. economies r server based, so optimal is to analyse AH for frequency and niches.

    shuffles (see wow economy for the latest)
    sniping, AH Shuffles
    sell runs
    the farm - old raids, MoP mats (SoH, Ghost Iron) etc.

    profs - Blacksmithing still viable (thundersteel mogs, Legion mount, mecha mount), Enineering still viable (Skygolem, rockets, mechamount), Alchemy for Vial, consumables via self-farm

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by textz View Post
    there r some alternatives, but professions offer sufficient RoI. economies r server based, so optimal is to analyse AH for frequency and niches.

    shuffles (see wow economy for the latest)
    sniping, AH Shuffles
    sell runs
    the farm - old raids, MoP mats (SoH, Ghost Iron) etc.

    profs - Blacksmithing still viable (thundersteel mogs, Legion mount, mecha mount), Enineering still viable (Skygolem, rockets, mechamount), Alchemy for Vial, consumables via self-farm
    I've seen this thing here in wowhead the other day.




    When i go ZG, for mount, there's this big mobs they drop giant sack and i can get some 8-15 Elementium Ore. There's 2 mobs with this. So basically, without any effort with a dungeon that is available daily, i can get elementium ore and sell it how it is or do elementium bars and transmute for pyrium bar with volatile earth and then trasmute it to truegold with x10 volatiles, that way i can even get a vial of the sands in a couple of days. It's truly nice.
    Sky golem, i have been running some LFRs, to get as well some spirits of harmony.

    Sometimes i feel like selling the raw materials, but other times i actually transform them. It's going pretty well like this.

    Also volatiles are easy to get, you can check always this site to see where and what is the best for you:

    https://www.wow-professions.com/wowg...ing-guide.html
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-09-19 at 04:04 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •