Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People don´t get it, we currently have wow 2.0

Kinda since MoP and I don´t mean it in a bad way, it is just how it is. Maybe it is even before MoP, towards end of WotLK the game started changing A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hey, people do what sells and T&E have cornered the market for wow shills.
    I get it that these forums like to hate on every content creator so a post like this isn't a surprise... however what I do wonder about is how you and some other people think of Taleasin as some wow/retail shill? Is it seriously just because he isn't super negative about everything and that he tries to discuss things from a more neutral pov?! I mean otherwise he isn't a shill at all lmao... he is very critical all the time and he currently only plays classic (which he was a fan about from the moment it was announced).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think an MMO is the best approach though. It's probably better to do a multiplayer with fewer people in a persistent world and massive elements only in lobby areas.
    Yeah that's how I'd like to see it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    People don´t get it, we currently have wow 2.0

Kinda since MoP and I don´t mean it in a bad way, it is just how it is. Maybe it is even before MoP, towards end of WotLK the game started changing A LOT.
    In some way you're right, but also not really... the game has been basically the same since TBC. You do your 5-10 levels, do some endgame quests, farm rep, do dungeons, raid or do arenas. The only thing that has really changed is the class design/philosophy (although the gameplay is still the same, based around targeting and casting spells).

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Bravo. It is subjective indeed. You're free to like his videos and ideas. I'm not telling you to shut up.
    Just like you, I am arguing my very own subjective opinion - that's all we ever do in these forums.

Nothing you've said has made me change my mind about him being clueless hack. I'm quite sure nothing I've said has made you like his videos/ideas any less, but we've burned several pages of this thread arguing different details and semantics - as we always do in this forum.

It's all good. GG - see you in the next thread.
    You did not say you dislike his ideas. You said his ideas aren't valid because he lacks experience. Which is not subjective. It is flatout wrong. His ideas could be bad, but it wouldn't be because of his lack of experience but just because they were... bad to begin with. That is where your argument fails.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Let's be fair here you have built him up as a future Blizzard... I want to see what he's done that has earned him such high praise from you... You claim he's a game designer... What is wrong with showing us what he's done?... Or are you overselling him because you 'like a lot of his ideas'?...
    No, I have not. All I am saying is, judging his ideas based on his experience is stupid, because all big companies started by stacking pebbles. I am not praising him anywhere. But I am strongly against blind hate. It is stupid and pointless, which is why I interfered.

And yes, designing a game (be it complete or in the process of being made) makes you... a game designer. Making the game and having it be successful makes you... a successful game designer. Right now he is just a game designer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You did not say you dislike his ideas. You said his ideas aren't valid because he lacks experience. Which is not subjective. It is flatout wrong. His ideas could be bad, but it wouldn't be because of his lack of experience but just because they were... bad to begin with. That is where your argument fails.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I have not. All I am saying is, judging his ideas based on his experience is stupid, because all big companies started by stacking pebbles. I am not praising him anywhere. But I am strongly against blind hate. It is stupid and pointless, which is why I interfered.

And yes, designing a game (be it complete or in the process of being made) makes you... a game designer. Making the game and having it be successful makes you... a successful game designer. Right now he is just a game designer.
    So you invented a reason that you cant defend, then you spewed claims that you cant defend and expect folks to give him and you a pass. Got it.

I dont hate him... just dont like him... and I dont agree with him... There... masticate on that.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Oh mate, I tried to give you an out from this back and forth..

So just for clarity:
    I didn't get as far as disliking his ideas because I never watched his video. I've no idea what he suggested, since the OP didn't bother providing any discussion points, he just dropped a 20 minute video link on us.

I called his content "shitty clickbaity videos" and I believe I also said he "doesn't have a clue" - that's how his stuff comes across to me (subjectively). He might actually be the fucking Assistant Professor of Game Development Studies in University of Game Design for all I know, I don't actually know the dude or his background, I'm just saying "whenever he speaks, he sounds like he's full of shit to me".

Subjective enough?

So just for clarity:
    I didn't get as far as disliking his ideas because I never watched his video. I've no idea what he suggested, since the OP didn't bother providing any discussion points, he just dropped a 20 minute video link on us.
    Then don't respond to a thread you have no clue what we are talking about here
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    LOL
    Thats's exactly the reason. Bellular has no clue either.

So just for clarity:

I called his content "shitty clickbaity videos" and I believe I also said he "doesn't have a clue" - that's how his stuff comes across to me (subjectively). He might actually be the fucking Assistant Professor of Game Development Studies in University of Game Design for all I know, I don't actually know the dude or his background, I'm just saying "whenever he speaks, he sounds like he's full of shit to me".

Subjective enough?
    Thats's exactly the reason. Bellular has no clue either.
    Yup. Cleared up everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    LOL
    Just to be clear clear. This. ^

I'd rather get a Starcraft MMO honestly if they were to make another MMO fro the ground up.

As far as simply shifting directions, well they do that to some extent every expansion anyway.

Yup. Cleared up everything.
    Glad we finally finished this. Have a good day/evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesnt have the morale, chops, talent, or ability to make a new successful MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    given that said video has him shilling right off the bat and then just repeating things that have been talked about on every forum endlessly it looks like he hit the nail on the head.
    Those are called sponsors. Just about every single content creator on Youtube does the same shit. Your mentality just comes off as jealousy. Don't know if you even watched the entire thing but he talked about plenty of different shit, he brought a lot of ideas into one video and expressed them very well. It's better for there to be discussion at all than to just instantly shut down someone because "lul shill". People have to make money, same as you or me. You can't say that Bellular doesn't work his fucking ass off. His problem is entering into an industry that's already been dissected by countless other content creators for over a decade.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Those are called sponsors. Just about every single content creator on Youtube does the same shit. Your mentality just comes off as jealousy. Don't know if you even watched the entire thing but he talked about plenty of different shit, he brought a lot of ideas into one video and expressed them very well. It's better for there to be discussion at all than to just instantly shut down someone because "lul shill". People have to make money, same as you or me. You can't say that Bellular doesn't work his fucking ass off. His problem is entering into an industry that's already been dissected by countless other content creators for over a decade.
    I watched the whole thing he brings up a bunch of topics any one could find by just going though a couple pages of threads here and never gives specifics because he has nothing new to add. It’s a low effort click bait video he made for easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I watched the whole thing he brings up a bunch of topics any one could find by just going though a couple pages of threads here and never gives specifics because he has nothing new to add. It’s a low effort click bait video he made for easy money.
    Don't know if you're aware of this or not but there are huge portions of the playerbase that don't even know this place exists. There was plenty of worthwhile information as well. Guess what? People that make a lot of content on Youtube tend to do so for monetary gain... shocking I know. Bellular puts way more effort than any other WoW content creator currently so I don't know what you're on about anyway. At least he's not reacting to other peoples content to generate his content like most of the other leeches currently making "content".

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Don't know if you're aware of this or not but there are huge portions of the playerbase that don't even know this place exists. There was plenty of worthwhile information as well. Guess what? People that make a lot of content on Youtube tend to do so for monetary gain... shocking I know. Bellular puts way more effort than any other WoW content creator currently so I don't know what you're on about anyway. At least he's not reacting to other peoples content to generate his content like most of the other leeches currently making "content".
    if you go to any wow related site at all you'd have already have seen theses topics and the fact that he adds nothing means it doesn't matter either way as he just stats ideas with no actual actual explanations.

and yes there are worse youtubers but that doesn't make his video any less worthless click bait for money.

Well, some people hate bellular. IDK why, but they do, i think he is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Please Note- I am not affiliated with this Youtuber at all and by no means am posting this to drive traffic to this video.
    I watched the video and shared it here as it's an EXTREMELY good video and discusses a very meaningful topic that we're all curious about what happens with wow.
    By directly linking his video, you are posting it to drive traffic to it regardless of your intentions. This by itself is not really an issue as it's good to post what and where you're coming from. BUT also by not pointing out any of your own opinions and just have the video, it tells me you're just looking to confirm any of your own biases. There's not really a discussion here.
    Last edited by Multitorix Davlen; 2019-09-15 at 05:20 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    we already got WoW2 with WoD.
    we want WoW back.

- - - Updated - - -

that is factually false across the board.
    DKs were entirely reworked, many classes lost spells, and crit stopped effecting the rotation for the majority of classes as talents that made it relevant were pruned in the pre-patch.
    Well they certainly weren't 'look alike.' Awful yeah, but rotations weren't the same. In BFA it's all resource buildup and proc.

I watched the video and it was surprisingly good, contrary to my initial thought
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic