Thread: Hunter Bug

10+ Year Old Account

Hunter Bug

So, i have double-checked this with all hunters on my discord/guild.

They all report that it is impossible to do the Feign Death -> Trap combo.
    Either manually, or through macro.

It NEVER works out in the open world, and it works some times inside dungeons.

As it is, hunters are broken cause they have zero chance if a melee gets the drop on them.

Please report this class-breaking bug, thank you.

If I recall correctly they've stated that this is standard behavior in 1.12.

Working as intended Classic 2019

With or without your pet? Pet attacking? Pet Passive?
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

#nochanges. Don't want any more of their "bug fixes". Leave it as it was in 1.12.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    #nochanges. Don't want any more of their "bug fixes". Leave it as it was in 1.12.
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????????????

havent they played vanilla??
    i played, and it was 100% NOT like this.
    FD->Trap worked every time.

If they actually stated that, they just dont want, or can't, fix this.

This is an actual bug that has to do with the client its pulled from. 100% worked in 1.12, ignore the others OP. The bug is from a delay in how long it actually takes you to get out of combat. Seems to be anywhere from 0.5 sec to 2 secs.

I'm not at my computer but the macro is something along the lines of

/cast Freezing Trap
    /petpassive
    /cast Feign Death

You'll have to spam it like 50 times. Your pet will go into passive, you'll FD, itll take 0.5 sec to 2 sec to actually drop combat, youll lay trap. The problem is that 0.5 to 2 secs. If in that time you take damage, your pet takes damage, you deal damage from a dot such as serpent sting, it will cause you to not drop combat. Macro works ~50% of the time because of all this.

Quit trying to escape your certain fate!

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    This is an actual bug that has to do with the client its pulled from. 100% worked in 1.12, ignore the others OP. The bug is from a delay in how long it actually takes you to get out of combat. Seems to be anywhere from 0.5 sec to 2 secs.

I'm not at my computer but the macro is something along the lines of

/cast Freezing Trap
    /petpassive
    /cast Feign Death

You'll have to spam it like 50 times. Your pet will go into passive, you'll FD, itll take 0.5 sec to 2 sec to actually drop combat, youll lay trap. The problem is that 0.5 to 2 secs. If in that time you take damage, your pet takes damage, you deal damage from a dot such as serpent sting, it will cause you to not drop combat. Macro works ~50% of the time because of all this.
    yeah i think the macro is fine, but i would add an ! before FD, just so its spammable, so you can get up when you like.

i also found a blue post where they list this under the "known issues that they are working on".
    so this whole part about them saying its working as intended is false.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post

They all report that it is impossible to do the Feign Death -> Trap combo.
    Either manually, or through macro.
    I'm here to report otherwise, it has worked for me every time I've done it.

/petpassive
    /petfollow
    /cast feign death

Gets me out of combat every time I have used it so far.

Your pet HAS to be passive and not attacking when you feign, if your pet is attacking it will keep you in combat, and that is how it worked in vanilla.

If you're holding your right mouse button down it can fuck with it, but that too was a thing in 1.12.1.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-09-12 at 07:03 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Anyone who actually played would know it takes a beat for FD to actually take. You can't FD and then trap straight away. FD <beat> trap. This has always been the way all the way up to WotLK. It is up to the hunter to find out how long that beat is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

You're utterly and completely wrong. Have contacts in blizz that confirmed it's a bug and working on fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrquickfoot View Post
    You're utterly and completely wrong. Have contacts in blizz that confirmed it's a bug and working on fixing it.
    Oh well thank god. Everyone, Mrquickfoot and his anonymous "contacts" at Blizzard are on the case!

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to put your pet on passive and pray for your opponent to not be fast enough (or not have that certain addon that retargets and starts attack after hunter FDs) to tag you into combat back again. Everyone knows about hunter and their FD, back in vanilla people didn't know that, and latency was on the side of a hunter, so you'll have harder time pulling this shit these days, than it used to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

99% sure you're referring to scatter and trap sharing a DR. That's the only thing they stated is correct to 1.12

Oh well thank god. Everyone, Mrquickfoot and his anonymous "contacts" at Blizzard are on the case!
    better watch out ... he probably has gm-friends as well .. they will BAN YOU!!!