I love Void week!!!

Not really.

I pug a lot of M+ and the general consensus among people is that it is definitely NOT easier that the other two. Most people seem to not like it. With the void emisary, you tend to deal with the group via line-of-sight, then nuke down the Void. Void is the only one where you can't pull them all and deal with it at the same time.

Maybe it's just my experience. Maybe not.

I've ran Freehold with both Fortified and Tyrannical, both during Void week and have had much more success during off weeks. This instance seems to be the most glaring of examples.

What do you think? Is it fine? Does it need tuning? Personally, I think they should nerf the damage A LOT and maybe make the timer shorter, perhaps adding more. Either way, pulling a group and nuking down the void at the same time is the least likely tactical move.

Quote Originally Posted by parasight View Post
    Either way, pulling a group and nuking down the void at the same time is the least likely tactical move.
    And thats fine, because thats not a tactic at all, thats just another random mob in the group you just kill like any other. The 10 affix is meant to throw a wrench in your usual clearing pattern, thats its entire purpose.

I feel like the others often fail as they provide barely any impact on tactics. The enchanted one is always trivial as the healer or some dps just keeps it occupied, and the tides one can at least sometimes matter when you would naturally kick some abilities that now go off, but barely at that. I guess at very high levels where you rely on mass-stuns much more the tides one can be a real nuisance.

I think the LoS mechanic is fine personally.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The 10 affix is meant to throw a wrench in your usual clearing pattern, thats its entire purpose.
    Yea, but wouldn't you say that a usual clearing pattern eventually emerges?

Going back to Freehold, I know that when I run it on Void weeks there's going to be a Void on the first stairs so that we can't shroud to the first boss area. There's going to be a Void on the left and the right just pass the first bridge. There's a Void at second boss. Void standing right before the Ring of Booty. It's going to be dog-week until next Tuesday. Same for Enchanted and Tides. At any rate, I know where all the mobs are going to be the rest of the week, therefore predictable. I can dodge whatever wrench you throw at me because it's not random at all.

And how is it not a tactic? There are no 'random' mobs. You know it's coming, and if you pull the whole group and decide to kill the Void last and not prioritize the importance of line-of-sighting, then you're just making life harder for yourself. It's completely pre-determined, in part because the mob does not move.

Maybe have them do less damage, but make them mobile.

Only problem with void week is that it tends to block a bunch of skips(or make them a lot harder/riskier), really. Enchanted is super obnoxious because it essentially CCs one of your party members until it's gone and Tides makes some packs... very hard(like caster packs in Shrine or TD)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I guess at very high levels where you rely on mass-stuns much more the tides one can be a real nuisance.
    Tides can be gripped away to cc/root/kill your normal pulls while the tide is either killed or CCed.

Some harder pulls are trivial to do with non-meta comps.
    -