Thread: What if...

What if...

N'zoth turns out to turn the other leaf after learning the error of his fd up ways and we get him as an ally against the next baddie in game?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Do you sometimes call yourself Rian Johnson?

15+ Year Old Account
    What if... you stopped using clickbait titles for nonsense threads.
    Here is something to believe in!

I really doubt N'Zoth will or even can go against his master(s).
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Or Anduin could turn out to be a woman, or sylvanas was actually alive all this time..

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    we get him as an ally
    A mission table follower you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    We don't really have any canon indication of how loyal/subservient the main Old Gods are to the Void Lords, but I think we could probably use Xal'atath as a good indication. She talks about the void and its war with the light as more of a primal force and an inevitability, than as any sort of intelligence or entity. Even the most loyal and wallowing of the old god aligned minions don't seem to have a heirarchy that goes beyond the Old Gods.

I think it's fairly safe to assume, at least with our current information, that Old Gods don't really care about the Void Lord's end game. During the Black Empire they were more concerned with fighting each other for superiority than working together to corrupt Azeroth and birth a Void Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Who's his master?

Who's his master?
    The void lords.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    A mission table follower you mean?
    I was thinking maybe a weakened form joining to help fight. N'zoth mini me table follower or his human form could be a possiblity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The void lords.
    Oh. I never would have thought he was ruled over by them. Thanks.

Oh. I never would have thought he was ruled over by them. Thanks.
    Since the release of the chronicles the void lords have been established as the beings behind the old gods. The void lords apparently can't come into our universe, which is why they send the old gods to corrupt titans (especially ours) and use her as a tricicle to ride around our universe. Though we don't exactly know how loyal old gods are, given the interaction between xal'atath and n'zoth, they seem to be rivals as well, which could mean they either want their masters' good-will or they act like demons and everyone is just out for themselves until someone comes along they can't win against (which sargeras was essentially).

Just because something was written in a lore book 10 years ago, doesn't mean it will always be that way. WoW is first and foremost a game, and game's lore should be altered accordingly to allow for better gameplay, not the other way around.

If something is a god it's pretty hard to say it has a master. Even if that was explicitly said, it could easily be retconed into old goods cooperating with void lords, or void lords asking favors from old gods, or whatever else.

Having said that, I don't really see the point of the old gods turning good, and I don't think they would make for a very interesting characters on our side, but who knows. Remember the original Jim Button cartoon? Mrs. Grindtooth ended up turning into a Golden Dragon of Wisdom and was a sort of a guide for the rest of the series. It's always a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Just because something was written in a lore book 10 years ago, doesn't mean it will always be that way. WoW is first and foremost a game, and game's lore should be altered accordingly to allow for better gameplay, not the other way around.

If something is a god it's pretty hard to say it has a master. Even if that was explicitly said, it could easily be retconed into old goods cooperating with void lords, or void lords asking favors from old gods, or whatever else.
    Except the Old Gods having masters was established in Chronicles so at least 1 year rather than 10 years.

Who's his master?
    Sho'nuff!

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Do you sometimes call yourself Rian Johnson?
    This made me laugh harder than I should have.

So the twist is we'd be turning one of the few remaining true villains in Warcraft left a good guy? I know Yrel and her upcoming Lightbound Crusade is going to be the shit, guy, but patience!