Why do you love to hate?

Fun question here, feel free to answer as honestly or dishonestly as you please.

I tend to use MMO Champion at downtime during work and travel. Whilst I myself am rather chilled and don't personally attack individuals over their opinions, I absolutely love it when people do.

Great swathes of the internet are a miasma of judgement, cruelty, suffering and despair.

This feeds me.

For every subjective opinion turned into objective fact, for every misrepresented quote, every reasonable discussion dashed against the rocks of someone just deciding to be cruel to a digital stranger because they can with impunity... I grow stronger.

So. Why do you love to hate on the internet? Are you bored? Do you resent your job for depriving you of time spent with friends and loved ones? Do you enjoy trolling and the salt-tang of tears streaming through your notifications inbox? Do you simply reflect your own treatment at the hands of the real world?

Tell me.

Love to hate?

Oh I love to love

But my baby just loves to dance.

Enjoying banter/drama is simple entertainment for most. I regularly check CS:GO reddit and it's full with it. Sometimes I participate and make controversial posts on purpose just to see the reaction of others. Of course with no foul language, having an opinion other than them alone is enough fuel for people to get upset, it's that easy. When I was younger in my early 20s I would get worked up a lot over internet opinions, but nowadays? Just keep calm and drive your discussion partner insane by not giving in to rage or anger. They get extremely annoyed if they can't make you upset, it's kinda cute when they first start with somewhat reasonable points, then they start shifting the topic to personal attacks and vague comparisons just so they can say "I am right, you are wrong". Really good entertainment if you stand above their childish attempts.

Another thing I tested when interacting with online people is to act vulnerable, sad and helpless, almost depressive. Being submissive to their opinion. Quite a lot of people will start to feel guilty if they think they actually hurt you and you can extract some value from it. That's the best part about faceless anonymity, you can experiment with emotions and reactions, and what they can accomplish and then apply that to RL situations. Understanding emotions and what type of reaction you can extract from others (and yourself) is one of the best skills to learn for social interaction.

To close it out, online interaction/drama is my testing ground.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-09-12 at 12:58 PM.

I don't love to hate.

My motto for as long as I've been on the internet, has been to never say anything that I couldn't stand for if confronted with it IRL, or that I wouldn't say to someone's face.

Have I called some posters names? Yep, and I did so based on shit they've said and values they've expressed. I'd do so to their face as well. This was true when I frequented a huge Swedish "dog forum" as well, some posters were horrid and I didn't mince words about them. We then met up one summer to meet IRL, and the people behaving a certain way online were like simpering little snakes in person... It disgusted me.

But overall, I'm a glass-half-full kinda gal, and I prefer to be positive and happy over being miserable and seeing potential doom and gloom in everything. My actual hatred is reserved for very few things in this world. (^3^)
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-05-14 at 10:36 PM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hate is strong word.

I just get really annoyed, when people don't understand the core problem and cannot explicitly say, why they subjectively like or dislike something. Like the current covenant drama. Some people lack the IQ and the empathy to even understand the problem, but still vomit their opinion as if it were valid. They buy the corporate persuasion tactics from blizzard and think that their arguments that this system isn't as bad aren't just some smokescreen post-hoc rationalisations.

I mostly see no reason to reason with people, who don't even understand the problem or the other side. Hence I try to make fun of them and get a little bit enjoyment out of their inferiority. If someone argues that the GCD change was for the better and made you think more and made each gcd more impactful, is just objectively false. It reduced complexity and decision making. just because you make one choice doesn't mean it is more complex when you need more time to execute it. But the left half the normal distribution of intelligence bought the corporate speech. When you have no reactionary elements in the game it does not make decision making more impactful for gcd locked classes. But that's to hard for them to understand.

Hate is an irrational feeling. I don't have any specific feelings to some people, who just say random shit without any thought or worse too much false thinking It's a normal behaviour and nothing special, nothing to hate on. I don't hate disabled in the real life, why should I hate on disabled people in a forum?
    Covenants will be a bigger disaster than Azerite Armor. Covenants quadruples the amounts of speccs in the game. 144 specs in the game - a nightmare to balance, if you still want distinctive MeAnInGfUl choices. Only LARPers and LFR heroes support this boring system, that will have no lasting positive impact on casuals, for whom the system is designed, but only negatives for the real players.