Poll: What's your favourite type of Night elf?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Who's your favourite kind of night elf?

Who is your type of night elf?
    You're free to pick from any categories, any optio, or all options.

Group 1 - Character
    • Maiev/Illidan – hot heads, edge lords, aggressive, angry but powerful
    • Tyrande/Mordant Evenshade – the more progressive, up for change, challenging their people with new ways to solve problems
    • Malfurion/Prince Farondis – the more scholarly, benevolent, noble, peaceful, incredibly smart and wise, and altogether the good guy.

Group 2 - Order
    • Order of Elune: Moon Priestesses, Sentinels and Huntresses - your faithful follower of the Goddess, healing and divine, unleashing arcane stars against enemies as well as the mostly female martial main fighter defenders of the kaldorei people during the long vigil.
    • Arcane Orders: Highborne & Moonguard - the arcane talented dark elf side of the night elves, the powerful battlemage combatant (moonguard) and purveyors of arcane wonders and chief architects of the beautiful night elf cities like Suramar and Zin'Azshari
    • Druidic Orders; Claw, Talon, Wild, Branch, Cenarion, Dreamwarden - the humble nature loving druids lovers of the great wilds and outdoors, restores of beautiful natural forests and maintainers of the balance
    • Demon hunters: The illidari power seeking vengeance against all , wielders of terrible fel magic they have mstered to destroy the enemies of their people (mostly male)
    • Warden order - once part of the Order of Elune, but now its own independent order: the hunter/jailor of dangerous enemies to the world, all female group most dangerous foes to Azeroth contained by them.

Group 3 - Architecture and habitat
    Largely 3 main habitats for the Night elves,

• The Temples - beautiful ornate Cathedrals and Temples of the Moon - (while most are in a ruined or disrepaired state, imagine them fully pristine. There are 3 distinct types, the Temple of the Moon in Darnassus - the small type of temple (seen in many ruined cities and towns - the Temple of Elune in Val'sharah - seen in the larger more influential areas, especially big cities, and finally the Cathedral of Eternal Night - the main temple
    • The cities - Suramar, Zin'Azshari (from warbringers), Darnassus, Eldre'thalas (Dire Maul) - all these are built by the night elves as you see them in-game in 7.0 or in Warbringers Azshara - this is the style the night elves build in, other smaller towns and cities include Tel'anor and Nar'thalas, the ruins of many others are seen all over the night elf zones in Kalimdor, Broken Isles and Northrend.
    • The Forests - Val'sharah, Ashenvale, Teldrassil - these are the 3 mani forest of the ngiht elves - while you do have Felwood too and hyjal, it's part of the same Ashenvale Forest, although it's largely in ruins now, imagine it more like it as in classic. then add to that Teldrassil forest and Val'sharah.

Which is yours
    Last edited by Mace; 2019-08-18 at 06:39 PM.

A naked one.

Awh yiss, the daily Night Elf thread.

I've been missing it. Thank you.

7+ Year Old Account
    The one that isn't a useless punching bag.

Formerly known as Arafal

You will find that the poll options of vbulletin boards are simply not made to properly gauge complex opinions.

As for the thread, I generally prefer the overall race to be intelligent and wise. That does not mean there isn't a place for characters of that race to break with that pattern. In fact it makes it all the more effective imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    A naked one.
    Quiet, you fool! Next thing you know they will post... the picture!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Character: Other. I love Queen Azshara the Vainglorious. One of the best villains in Warcraft.

Order: Arcane-wielding Highborne and Moonguard. So fancy, elegant, and haughty. And Azshara is certainly the Kaldorei I respect the most.

Habitat: Cities -- Namely Zin-Azshari. A beautiful and stunning metropolis, a worthy seat of the most powerful ruler the world had ever seen at that time.

What remains nowadays is but a shadow of its former glory. Beautiful, but broken and twisted. Much like Azshara herself.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-08-18 at 04:00 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Quiet, you fool! Next thing you know they will post... the picture!
    That was glorious!

7+ Year Old Account
    The dead kind. The roasted ones @ Teldrassil are a perfect example.

The Elune worshiping arch/huntress type.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought the night elves are just really lame wood elves.

The ones in Goldshire.

I can't include nightborne in here? I love everything about their aesthetic and story. Still hands down the most beautiful zone they've ever made.

None of These N'wahs.
    We need army of Shandris and Jarod.

10+ Year Old Account
    A dead one?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Character: Other. I love Queen Azshara the Vainglorious. One of the best villains in Warcraft.
    Ah.. no matter how hard I try, I some how don't cover all the options - someone always comes up with one. Although in all fairness I was only focusing on the ones that were part of the playable night elven races (i.e. night elves and nightborne).. but yes that option is also very much a loved one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I can't include nightborne in here? I love everything about their aesthetic and story. Still hands down the most beautiful zone they've ever made.
    You can iit's covered in the highborne.. so far everything you have seen of htem in 7.0-7.2 is kaldorei arcane based. Now they've joined the horde, they have the potential to become something new, not linked so closely to the kaldorei sepecially now they are genetically altered, but Suramar aesthetic, the arcane wielding , the character this is the kaldorei highborne/arcane way.. so that is the option for you.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Maiev and Illidan.

They do their own things and are there for the bigger scale stuff (like in Legion) never seem to give a shit about faction vs faction stuff. Maiev did help with Darkshore, but going there was her own choice. I can't really see her taking orders from Anduin just because he's "High King" of the Alliance.

Character: illidan
    Order: Demon hunters
    Habitat: zinashari (warbingers)

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I've always thought the night elves are just really lame wood elves.

That's probably cos your only substantial experience of them is either WC3 or classic starting zone, with repeat playing TBC and WotLk where it was only when druid swere shown that you would see night elves in Warcraft - i.e. the reace was largely ignored after classic release, they only go back to them in CAtaclysm - wotLK/TBC are sohwing druidic acitivty, not night elf activity.

This leads people to think they're forest elves, but what you see in SUramar is the arcane side of the night elves, Zin'Azshari war bringers, is also ngiht elvesn, demon hunters are also night elven, even though they accept blood elves, it's a night elf order, just like druidsm, and according to the lore Magocracy in Warcraft is also a night elf order, even though you may associate it more with high elves and humans, the night elves birthed this class to, and their pre-sundering empire was the most advanced version of arcane magic ever wielded by the mortal (ish) races of Azeroth, even by today's standard it says.

Not the biggest night elf fan, but for me:

Character: Illidan/Maiev - I'm an aggressive guy, and I go in hard and strong on my enemies

Order: Arcane; highborne/moonguard - love the whole magic vibe, you'd find me liking any racial culture that uses it a lot, but in style
    Divine: Order of Elune - just those BABES! an all chick fighting force with a n all female religious order - you can't be male and not like that - shame I don't like the colour scheme, purple skin just doesn't do it for me

Habitat: Cities and temples: Cities without a doubt, it's wht most games do very poorly, easy to do a forest and ruins and a cave, it's owrk to do a city, then do it well, most games ar dispaointing, not warcraft. Gonna also say temples because the art work is really cool, it's got a touch of great elegance but primal power