Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    8.2.5 will likley be the final patch for bfa, they've clearly given up on trying to salvage it and will save N'zoth for the next expansion, the setup for "all eyes will be opened" is also too big a setup for a .3 patch unless its sylvanas vs anduin and they wrap up the alliance/horde war for good.

I think they're releasing 8.2.5 as a final patch for BFA, and they will move onto 9.0 in order to make up for lost time "earlier" than usual possibly pushing it for a december/january release date in order to make up for BFA.

8.3 is possible but if one had to wait for 8.3 till january and people assume classic alone is gonna keep the ship sailing they are wrong, classic will die out within the next 2 months when people realize theres nothing to do they cant already do in retail.

Classic is a superficial bandaid to a bigger problem, they need to start releasing more frequent patches and stop caring if raiders need 77 days to get content done or not and just "make content" for other people, not just the raiding community.

I for one, would be fine with an "entire" patch with no new raid tier, a 4 hour long story with lots more voice acting/char development and a few mogs, maybe 1 new dungeon.

Episodic patches would be more interesting anyway, they'd make the game feel more alive and ongoing rather than "Everything is tied to the raid so we cant continue until the next raid is being made" infact, get rid of raiding/story association completley and make raiding its own thing, you'd benefit the game immensiely since the devs would be able to make raids side content rather than main content, giving them more development into the games story/lore and thus more persistant patches.

I for one would be fine having 9.9 before moving into 10.0 if it meant that all the patches had some depth and purpose to them, not just a raiding patch.

Example:

You could have 9.1 and 9.1.5 focus on a single raid in 9.1 followed by a QoL addition in 9.1.5 such as a new allied race, then 9.2 and 9.3 could be story related, releasing in intervals between the next patch, 9.4 could be a new raid, 9.4.5 being a new QoL feature, then 9.5 9.6 being more story agian and 9.7+9.7.5 being another raid, with 9.8 and 9.9 being patches designed to bridge the gaps between this expansion and the next.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? There is absolutely no mention of a rep grind in this post.
    In game you inept bastard

"Advance rep with 7th Legion to continue the war campaign"

That goblin looks awful in that picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why am I getting WoD flashbacks? Okay I'll be optimistic for a second here. "Lead the charge in the thrilling conclusion to the War Campaign." so I'm guessing it'll be a Warfront or city assault related event then with that specific wording and it doesn't say it's the end of the Faction War so that might be stretched out for 8.3 or they could be aiming to use Azshara or Nzoth in some way in that patch but it remains to be seen. Alternatively, this could be their WoD approach to ending the Faction War, Campaign and the expansion in one story beat and will be aiming for all the other plot threads to be used in 9.0 and the next expansion e.g. end Magni's Azerite farm and start the old god boogaloo in the Wake of Shadows or whatever expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    In game you inept bastard

"Advance rep with 7th Legion to continue the war campaign"
    Considering you can get to exalted by doing the war campaign and heroic island expeditions every week, not having rep with 7th Legion this late in the expansion just means you haven't been playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Considering you can get to exalted by doing the war campaign and heroic island expeditions every week, not having rep with 7th Legion this late in the expansion just means you haven't been playing the game.
    Uhm.. Or, like everything else in the game, it's gated.

2 things, or the art AMA leak is becoming more real(Silithus race to the heart raid with Malganis), or this Xpac is getting WoD'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Better than Classic for sure.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I got Exalted with 7th Legion like 6 months ago after casual play. I don't see what the big deal is.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Are you just realizing they gate story’s to rep now? Your kinda late to the party by a lot of expans.

What I would like to see... a drop date for the patch.... and new xpac. Cause yeah. Also Syl on the key art for blizzcon. She's not gonna die.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I just think they already moved on. No war story in 8.3 is wierd at least.
    War was the small part of bfa. The big part has always been the South seas/old god part of it with naga, N'zoth and his sea faring followers. 8.3 is likely nyalotha as hinted at last years blizzcon in the same way they did the whole argus reveal 2 years earlier at the same event for legion.

As for moving on. Story wise bfa was completed in blizzard before we were running away from the legion on the broken shore. They certainly have next expansion and the one after it story all done.

Remember metzen retired during first weeks of legion, he also stated he never went into work in the months building up to that. With one of the last things he was shown was the Cinematic of Anduin leading the Alliance leaders to confront sylvanas in Lordaeron throne room.

This was 3.5 years ago. So of course they moved on. Narritiveky they're likely wrapping up patch 10.3 on the story side.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

I'd say the N'zoth storyline is far more relevant to me than the same old faction crap.
    How can that be? After Teldrassil one faction has to go extinct, the same is not necessarily true for the rise of N'Zoth (which is in theory a pretty cool storyline, but thrown in at the wrong time)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Think back to mists of pandaria that had just an overarching story of like discovering pandaria discovering the shop and stuff like that while we're on the way back not really brought forward until the end of the expansion was the fact that this entire time the warchief was going nucking futs and it ended on that

I mean you take out the war campaign and you have maybe seven or eight different possibilities for a main theme just by leveling
    The problem is that Garrosh "just" threw an atomic bomb on one city (and this was done by a very small faction of secret agents and units), while Sylvanas rallied the whole horde behind her who willingly committed genocide.
    So while I agree with you that there are more possible themes for the expansion, I think the fight for extinction is the most important one. Even more important than the fight against N'Zoth, because his main goal is to enslave all living creatures while the hordes main goal is to kill all alliance and possible all living creatures in the end. Not really seeing how any threat could be bigger than that.

Not much to look forward to this patch. Seems people are just happy that this awful war campaign is about to end.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    damn that quest log
    the antithesis to classic wow
    why dont they play the game for us while they are at it
    I hope you don't use Questie, Azeroth Auto Pilot, Wowhead, or any other addon or site that will tell you where to find objectives. Make sure you keep the experience "pure." Never mind the fact that most vanilla players used Thottbot to look up every quest and they were thrilled when the map was changed to show us where things were so we didn't have to alt tab to do that anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Not much to look forward to this patch. Seems people are just happy that this awful war campaign is about to end.
    That, and Worgen model updates! Though truthfully, the Worgen update is all I care about. lol
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I hope you don't use Questie, Azeroth Auto Pilot, Wowhead, or any other addon or site that will tell you where to find objectives. Make sure you keep the experience "pure." Never mind the fact that most vanilla players used Thottbot to look up every quest and they were thrilled when the map was changed to show us where things were so we didn't have to alt tab to do that anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

That, and Worgen model updates! Though truthfully, the Worgen update is all I care about. lol
    This is the same lying bullshit as playing morrowind with no mods and crashing at every levitate.
    Stop being asinine, Classic is 1.12 not 1.Full of bugs, unplayable classes and crashes 1.

I love too see this small but real QoL improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    This is the same lying bullshit as playing morrowind with no mods and crashing at every levitate.
    Stop being asinine, Classic is 1.12 not 1.Full of bugs, unplayable classes and crashes 1.
    How does your comment have anything to do with what I said?
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail