Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Could N'zoth become an ally against Death

From all the new infos we have now, what if N'zoth will end up as our ally (at least for some time)?

In 8.1.5 he said
    It grows hungrier...bolder. Alas, your eyes are closed.
    I alone can save you from what is to come.
    Sounds pretty likely he meant the unknown death entity, that made Sylavanas warchief and which she is serving right now.
    And with his line
    All eyes shall be opened.
    he is actually talking about opening our eyes to the true threat we are all facing right now, the powerful death god.

Sylvanas thinks she outsmarted N'zoth into thinking the factions are weak now and attacking us, and from that war he and we will be weak enough that the death entity can easily kill us all. But N'zoth is smart enough to make us attack said death entity instead of him, now that hes free.

It would also fit into Ogmots journal
    Ogmot sees lady wrapped in dark swirlies. She leads herd of blind sheep.
    Da sheepies follow her everplace she go. Do everthin she say. Never doubt lady.
    She guide dem over tall cliff! SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT! Stupid sheepies!
    Da crows get fat eatin da sheepflesh. Da lady laugh as crows eat!
    The crows represent the death entity (Helya or Mueh'zala most likely) Sylvanas serves, and them getting "fat" means said entity is growing more powerful through the dead/souls from the war. And since Ogmot knows this, N'zoth knows this too.

Maybe thats what he means with the player being his chosen one. He'll help us (the player) temporarily to defeat the death god, the "enemy of all", because otherwise Azeroth would die before he can corrupt her.
    In 8.3 Horde/Alliance assault Ny'alotha, but it ends with N'zoth telling us, at the end of his boss fight, we have a bigger problem right now.

Edit: i know its somewhat unlikely, and well most likely just kill him in 8.3 and in 9.0 the death stuff, since Blizz writers have the creativity of a 5y old, but its fun to think about it.
    Last edited by Houle; 2019-09-25 at 08:47 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    That would Be a very nice twist. I hope it comes to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd actually want N'zoth to be an ally against . . . the Void.

I mean, what exactly happens to him once his task is done? Does he survive in any way or is he devoured alongside everything else when the Void Lords possess Azeroth and start using her to unmake the cosmos?
    Maybe he himself becomes Azeroth if he wins as in his mind takes control over the void titan.

insane vs dead.
    basically
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Old gods aren't known for being very honest.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’d honestly would love an Old god allied with us but I feel it’s gona be our knifua if anyone.
    Atlittle bit of the light a little bit of the void and a chunk of the arcane sounds like the makings of a fun titan, not a bunch of old grouch who have a habit of remaking worlds that don’t fit their ideals

That's my personal speculation/expectation, more of a neutral/ally against death. Nzoth isnt exactly "threatening" us but more testing and warning us. We'll see. Its honestly hard to see if they will interpret the Lore (novels) into the game or just make N'zoth a typical scary baddie where we have to kill. As I type this right now, I am listening to a lore dive with Pyromancer and Asmon. Pyro suggests (with evidence) that Sylvanas appears to possibly be an agent of the Burning Legion BUT thats based on lore and not the game. I think fans will lose their s*** if Sylvanas becomes a major enemy in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    From all the new infos we have now, what if N'zoth will end up as our ally (at least for some time)?

In 8.1.5 he said

Sounds pretty likely he meant the unknown death entity, that made Sylavanas warchief and which she is serving right now.
    And with his line he is actually talking about opening our eyes to the true threat we are all facing right now, the powerful death god.

Sylvanas thinks she outsmarted N'zoth into thinking the factions are weak now and attacking us, and from that war he and we will be weak enough that the death entity can easily kill us all. But N'zoth is smart enough to make us attack said death entity instead of him, now that hes free.

It would also fit into Ogmots journal

The crows represent the death entity (Helya or Mueh'zala most likely) Sylvanas serves, and them getting "fat" means said entity is growing more powerful through the dead/souls from the war. And since Ogmot knows this, N'zoth knows this too.

Maybe thats what he means with the player being his chosen one. He'll help us (the player) temporarily to defeat the death god, the "enemy of all", because otherwise Azeroth would die before he can corrupt her.
    In 8.3 Horde/Alliance assault Ny'alotha, but it ends with N'zoth telling us, at the end of his boss fight, we have a bigger problem right now.

Edit: i know its somewhat unlikely, and well most likely just kill him in 8.3 and in 9.0 the death stuff, since Blizz writers have the creativity of a 5y old, but its fun to think about it.
    right now....with the VERY bad writing. Anything is possible. Hell its even possible that Anduin is sylvanas in drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    See, then what do the void lords get out of this if one of the Old Gods, which they treated as excrement flung into the cosmos gets to become more powerful than them? The intent seems to be for them to create a vessel strong enough that they could permanently manifest into existence (they already can manifest as Dimensius did, but once they eat everything around them they vanish back to the void; a Titan's power of creation would let them sustain themselves far longer).
    I think it is the Void Titan wipes out light half of creation so everything becomes void, meaning that instead of only just entering temporarily. They can be in the universe perminently.

It'd be weird to start becoming allies with parasitic tentacle monsters from ancient times/outer space who came here to destroy us, WoW would be officially jumping the shark.

Next players will be asking for Faceless Ones Allied Race.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not exactly sure "giving a damn about Death" is on his agenda at all. If what Sargeras learned from the Dreadlords holds true:

1 - N'Zoth came as a comet and implanted himself on Azeroth's surface;
    2 - His tentacles dig deeper and deeper trying to reach that World Soul;
    3 - Once he (or the other Old Ones) get to the core, they corrupt it, bringing forth the Dark Titan.

Unless something other than the murderous Champion of Azeroth is able to kill him, N'Zoth will simply continue with the Old God agenda, and I don't think that the Death entities are strong enough to challenge him. Scouring, Sundering, Shattering, and Sargeras' Wound - all those events brought untold death, and yet the Shadowlands remain silent.

Or maybe it's simply a question of reaching maximun energy before acting...

Ally against death? What is even the "death" here? Why are we against death?

Death is the ally against Nzoth and the void

Void is the enemy, Death isnt

We can’t even trust any mortal being, let alone an Old God

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

Lol.. this shit doesnt make any sense. I literally cant even anymore. Can we go back to stories about characters instead of weird cosmic stuff?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-09-25 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol.. this shit doesnt make any sense. I literally cant even anymore. Can we go back to stories about characters instead of weird cosmic stuff?
    Classic story is nice and simple

The only Death god we know of so far is Yogg Saron, who's been name-dropped for expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Classic story is nice and simple
    Exactly, slaying dragons and the undead. Simpler times

I am still hoping for a twist in the Light vs Shadow aspect. N'zoth did say "the Light has allied itself with the enemy of all." My guess is The Light has made a deal with death, and that is why Calia could be resurrected from the Naruu. In the 3 sisters comic, the void wanted Sylvanas dead. I am guessing because she is also an agent of death. When she previously died, she went somewhere in the void, thanks to the Seronite and how she was brought back to life. If Death and the Light teamed up to try to destroy the void, that would make sense. But as they said, the light only follows one path as absolute truth, and the void sees all paths as truth. The light may not want Azeroth around either due to the power of the titan inside.

Could make for interesting story.

10+ Year Old Account

And the Void is an Ally against Death and Sylvanas.

After all the pointless trash that Sylvanas put us through all to further her agenda of death, I'm more inclined to trust the evil entity that at the very least I'm fairly certain wants the planet soul to survive.

Void is the enemy, so is Death. Which of the two wants you dead more?