Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Exclamation The Golden Ticket: One Free Retcon

Blizzard has just given you a golden ticket, good for one free retcon to anything in the Warcraft universe.

What do you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Blizzard has just given you a golden ticket, good for one free retcon to anything in the Warcraft universe.

What do you choose?
    WoW launches with four factions and neutral races who can choose which faction to align with.

Vol'jin didn't die on the broken shore. Didn't make sense how Sylvanas was pursuing her/forsaken goals in Stormheim even though she was the warchief of the entire Horde. Who was leading the Horde during that time? It seemed like a last minute decision to kill off Vol'jin by the marketing team. Sylvanas was a better character doing her stuff on the side. It makes no sense to have her lead the Horde.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-09-14 at 12:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    retcon 5.4 and the shit they did with the horde and Garrosh

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    retcon 5.4 and the shit they did with the horde and Garrosh
    Honestly, the way Garrosh kicked everyone else but the orcs out of the Horde, put trolls in concentration camps, used blood elves as fodder and tried using an old god to amplify his troops before 5.4 even started means that he would have eventually been raided. You have to retcon even further before 5.4.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arthas consumes Sylvanas' soul with Frostmourne instead of raising her as a banshee.

She is then never seen or heard from again.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5+ Year Old Account
    retcon all of wod? Idk if thats a good answer. If wod had more time, it would of been great. Instead of fel hfc, shattrath would of been the legion raid for WOD and hellfire citadel would of been iron horde raid, somehow tying into legion. the problem with wod was lack of content. the content we got was really good
    yeast

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Honestly, the way Garrosh kicked everyone else but the orcs out of the Horde, put trolls in concentration camps, used blood elves as fodder and tried using an old god to amplify his troops before 5.4 even started means that he would have eventually been raided. You have to retcon even further before 5.4.
    everything shit happened in 5.4 as far i remember, i see no problem using elves as canon fodder but you get the idea 5.3 5.4 those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Arthas consumes Sylvanas' soul with Frostmourne instead of raising her as a banshee.

it's a hard choice between this, and making the windrunners cool and not annoying and stupid, and with 0 interest in human males.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaksies View Post
    retcon all of wod? Idk if thats a good answer. If wod had more time, it would of been great. Instead of fel hfc, shattrath would of been the legion raid for WOD and hellfire citadel would of been iron horde raid, somehow tying into legion. the problem with wod was lack of content. the content we got was really good
    Questing was alright and brf was neat but the rest just sucked. Got teased with farahlon and shattrath raid never happened which I imagine could have been awesome. Think you would be correct if wod did have more time it could have been great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post

I'll toss in my golden ticket for this too

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's a hard choice between this, and making the windrunners cool and not annoying and stupid, and with 0 interest in human males.
    On characters that should have never had interest in human males, I'm putting in my ticket for Garona never having interest in Medivh.

Med'an might be retconned, but he deserves to be double-retconned.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-09-16 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making non-orcs warchief. Easily.

Vereesa decides not to tell anduin that she poisoned garroshs food.
    Garrosh dies and can't travel to draenor. Vereesa gets killed and raised by sylvanas and joins her in undercity so she doesn't have to see her weird children again.

Id retcon WoD tbh, the entire expansion was filler even if the Yrel stuff with the Lightforged now sets up for a more interesting Light based antagonist in the future.

Tbh, though, a specific story moment? Id retcon Teldrassil and make it so Delaryn and the extremists in the Night Elves destroyed the tree to assure the Alliance would blame Sylvanas, it would have at least made the entire thing a little more of a twist because then Sylvanas wouldnt be the obvious big bad and that "morally grey" thing might actually make sense.

5+ Year Old Account
    We never returned from the Emerald Nightmare. Everything that has transpired since then, the Legion's defeat included. has been just an illusion, a dream crafted by Tentacle Boi to prevent us from meddling in his affairs.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-09-14 at 04:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Retcon all the way back to before Warcraft - Garrosh's mom swallowed that night instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I ask to retcon many things on WoD, especially the role of AU Doomhammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'll need to think on this as there's lots of places where I think this power could be used judiciously. Exactly where is the rub.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

What do you choose?
    No racial abilities that do anything besides cosmetics.