Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Does retcon BfA count?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    well you are swiming on "ifs", so there is no point on discussing this.
    Well the entire context of this thread is a gigantic series of "what if's," so this is exactly the kind of place for this form of discussion, in point of fact. I'm unsure why you've singled me out among the sea of equally unlikely "what if's" on presentation here - many of them equally as impossible and as interesting as my own.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Blizzard has just given you a golden ticket, good for one free retcon to anything in the Warcraft universe.

What do you choose?
    Anything beyond Heroic dungeons and toggle hard mode raids like in Ulduar.

They diminished this game into a loot box style game a la Diablo instead of an RPG where you worked towards rewards that felt good to get.

Sorry, "But I want to see all the content" crowd, time to do what we did in the Vanilla - WotLK era of this game (you know, when it had it's most subs) either suck it up, learn, and get better or head on over to Youtube and watch someone else do it.

It's kind of a small one, but a glaring one in my eyes.

I would retcon that the Draenei had always had Vigilants since the days of Argus. The Draenei, when on Outland, were supposed to be a lesser version of what the Eredar had been, as far as their civilization and powers. However, with everything we've seen on Argus, they really didn't change much. Their buildings look the same, their powers are mostly the same, and their constructs are mostly the same.

It doesn't really make sense that the Eredar have always had this power, when we haven't really ever seen it before. There was one Vigilant in BC, almost a decade before they solidified that lore. There are no soulpriests that we specifically encounter on Argus, nor was there any sort of order like the Auchenai on Argus - in fact, Maladaar was the only member of the Council of Exarchs that didn't have an echo on Argus, meaning that he was likely born on Draenor in the first place. The closest order to the Auchenai were the Wakeners, which were just mages/warlocks, not soulpriests.

The only time we see Man'ari using a Vigilant is with Socrethar the Eternal - on AU Draenor. This is despite the fact that the Eredar that created Vigilants eventually became Man'ari himself. It's completely strange that he never used that technology in the name of the Legion (and even odder that Blizzard didn't reuse the fel Vigilant model ever again). It would have been much more beneficial for the Legion to use and control the souls of those they killed in Vigilant constructs to fight in their army, considering they use souls to power every other machine they have.

And, in the end, we don't see any Lightforged using Vigilants, aside from the Lightbound, which again are from AU Draenor. The closest are the Warframes (used in both timelines), which are piloted mechs, rather than soul-powered constructs. They should have that technology themselves.

It would have been much more fitting to have Vigilants be a thing the Auchenai created after going to Draenor in order to protect their souls from the Legion. It would have also been nice to see the Draenei on Azeroth using more of these after they were introduced, since that's technology they've had (and still used) for more than 25,000 years.

I don't think Vigilants should be removed at all, I just think it should have been something only the Draenei of Draenor would have developed to make more sense. Though, then we may not have Quoram, whom I love.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

restart wow with the following premise.

nightelves joined up with taurens trolls and the new non-bloodthirsty orcs under thrall.

Bloodelfs joined up with the humans gnomes and dwarfs.

Undeads become a nonplayable race.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Third and Fourth factions added in the interlude between BFA/Legion, and now you can group and do instances with anyone from any faction.
    I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    "one legion for all timelines and universes,"
    this is one of the better things they did with this whole alternate timeline shit.

there being more than one legion or pantheon unravels pretty much every other part of the lore, because you've got an infinite amount of sargerases that could infinitely be joining each others sides and infinite worldsouls being corrupted into dark titans, and all kinds of horrible crap like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well the entire context of this thread is a gigantic series of "what if's," so this is exactly the kind of place for this form of discussion, in point of fact. I'm unsure why you've singled me out among the sea of equally unlikely "what if's" on presentation here - many of them equally as impossible and as interesting as my own.
    Yours was the worst by far, other people are just naming obvious stuff like Wod but you went with "i want one of biggest and most important aspect of wow lore to go away".

2.4. Blood elves never joined light side and still sucking naaru while Kael'thas never went full crazy for legion.

I think Sargeras was alone in thinking that a Void Titan meant universal destruction, and it was his irrational fear of the Void that drove him headlong into corruption.
    Considering you need a fully grown Titan which are god like beings that if we go by Argus standar, they are universe booster. I would say the void lords are a serious deal that likely can devour the universe in a matter of minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Directly, no. But we definitely and directly enabled his defeat by freeing the Pantheon
    That reminds me of the huge mess they made of the Pantheon in Legion.

1. First, they reveal the Pantheon is dead.
    2. Then, they reveal the Pantheon is alive.
    3. Then, they reveal they are powered down in some fashion.
    4. Then, they are strong enough to capture Sargeras.

Dead, alive, down, up their Pantheon lore seemed to have a new PLOT TWIST! every freaking patch. So awful.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Varian wasn't blown up by Gul'Dan but was merely teleported to a Demon World in the Twisting Nether and is found by Lightforged doing a clean up sweep of the Region and is brought back via a Portal connection to the Vindicaar.
    So basically retcon BfA out of existence. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Making non-orcs warchief. Easily.
    This a million times.

Blizzard has destroyed any pride of the Horde by making the Warchief position a joke and letting the Horde races backstab and kill eachother. The damage done is irreversable. Trolls hate Orcs, Orcs hate Trolls, Tauren hate Orcs, Blood Elves want to defect to the Alliance, Forsaken hate everyone, everyone hates Forsaken, Goblins are greedy shitheads that don't care as long as they make money.

There is too much hatred and old wounds for the faction to feel whole again. It's broken. You can see the difference when you play Classic, where only the Forsaken are frowned upon and kept a close eye on (with good reason, mind you), all the other Horde races are brothers and would die for eachother.

The Warchief position should've never gone to non-Orcs. This has broken the faction.

1) Since Chronicles showed Sargeras conversation with the nathrezim about the concept of void titans, the entire game has revolved about avoiding this fate. Right now in BFA the bigger threat is nzoth corrupting azeroth.

2) I just dont see we defeating void lords or void titans in any way, doesnt matter what we do, or who help us, neither do i think we will ever get to that point in the game.
    Same as we didn't see ourselves fighting with the titans, though we did... and we won. It's just like that.

Cairne wins the Mak'gora.

Id retcon that Sourfang didnt pop up and stop Malfurion from killing Sylvanas in Darkshore or Tyrande actually got to kill Nathanos during the night warrior story. Actually Id just retcon the whole Night Elves nearly going extinct, Id keep WOD if I got my tree back
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

5+ Year Old Account
    All of Wod.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Domcho View Post
    Cairne wins the Mak'gora.
    Yes to this so much.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Yours was the worst by far, other people are just naming obvious stuff like Wod but you went with "i want one of biggest and most important aspect of wow lore to go away".
    The biggest change, perhaps, but not what I would consider loss of the biggest and most important aspect of the lore - and it would birth an entire new causality of different events, which could either end in universal darkness or a whole host of other outcomes. Closing the book on it with a single proclamation is, in my view of it, a failure of imagination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Considering you need a fully grown Titan which are god like beings that if we go by Argus standar, they are universe booster. I would say the void lords are a serious deal that likely can devour the universe in a matter of minutes.
    But the Void Lords seem constrained from entering the universe in any real capacity, and we've no real idea of what a Dark Titan actually portends - but given all the other Void-corrupted things we've dealt with over the course of WoW it doesn't seem like any of them really have the power to enact universe collapse in an instantaneous fashion. I would imagine a Dark Titan to be like a far more powerful incarnation of an individual Void Lord incarnation (e.g. Dimensius the All-Devouring), who was itself defeated by a single adventurer aiding the Protectorate Ethereals in Outland and also by a single Naaru sacrificing itself at Karkora. A Dark Titan would obviously require far more firepower than even that to defeat - perhaps the sacrifice of a Titan themselves, or even the entire Pantheon, who can really say.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd retcon the vivendi activision merger.

can i at least pretend that counts?
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Burning Crusade did not happen.

As much as I think BC was pretty cool, the lore is a freaking mess and WoW as a whole would be better without it.