Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ...
25
33
34
35
36
37
45
... LastLast
  1. #681
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Most people have already left, or are leaving Classic.
    Is that your opinion, or a fact?

    People on both side of the argument are making totally opposite observations.. and both can't be right!

    I guess we don't have access to the real number of active players (played hours), just census that are made with addons?

    Or we can use the price of gold as an indicative? Since the release of Classic, the price of gold went up 30% (from 135k to 175k) and is still steadily going up. My guess is that this is from the imbalance of people wanting to buy gold (retail going down) compared to people using gold from retail to pay their subscription (classic going up)? If/when people will start returning to retail, the price of gold should start to go down, but this has not happened yet.

    You can see that the price of gold started going up around the time of name reservation, (August 10th), with a massive spike on the 26th. Since then, the price has continued to rise, so that means people are now renewing their subscription for a second month, and that more people are joining classic.

    If it was true that most people had left classic, we would see a sharp drop in token price.

  2. #682
    Literally every point you made is subjective. Everything you stated is not true from my point of view.

    I do not have problems getting a group together. While some rushed to 60.. MOST are not even 50 yet. I have a 54, two 21's, a 13, and two 10's. I have actually enjoyed the class quests I have come across so far.

    Sociable? OMG... I get buffed every couple minutes just traveling through the world. I have strangers pop in for a save if I get too many respawns on top of me. And these are people who reside on my server. Who I later see in Ironforge, or in a dungeons. Chat is popping with all sorts of questions, jokes, LFM, free enchants, items for sale, you name it.

    The game is SOOOOOO damn alive compared to the almost sterile, AI environment that modern WoW offers.

    Is it perfect? Nah... it's just clearly and to a huge degree, superior to modern WoW with regards to being a bonafide MMORPG.

    I can understand some peeps preferring modern WoW though... and hope they enjoy their next 8.3 patc.... oh wait.. that was cancelled. Well I guess it's back to grinding out artifact power number 174 billion, 364 million, 832 thousand, 4 hundred and sixty three.

    Good luck with that.

  3. #683
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Literally every point you made is subjective. Everything you stated is not true from my point of view.


    Sociable? OMG... I get buffed every couple minutes just traveling through the world. I have strangers pop in for a save if I get too many respawns on top of me. And these are people who reside on my server. Who I later see in Ironforge, or in a dungeons. Chat is popping with all sorts of questions, jokes, LFM, free enchants, items for sale, you name it.
    With shared tag people come in to help all the time, so that's not a very good example. I was struggling through a quest in the barrens yesterday. Not one person stopped to help. Another dude comes over to do the quest as well, ignores me and my party invite. A few people run by, nobody stopped to help.

    I'd say we would get traveling buffs if blizz didn't decide to destroy that on retail. Chats poppin because the game just came out, of course it is. You see the same people because blizzard made a good choice with layering.

    Honestly, most of what you say is accredited to the game having just been released. This is what happens on new releases.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

    I can understand some peeps preferring modern WoW though... and hope they enjoy their next 8.3 patc.... oh wait.. that was cancelled. Well I guess it's back to grinding out artifact power number 174 billion, 364 million, 832 thousand, 4 hundred and sixty three.

    Good luck with that.
    I guess it's back to grinding.... gear? Or wait is that retail? Wait a second that sounds very similar.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2019-09-19 at 07:47 PM.

  4. #684
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    With shared tag people come in to help all the time, so that's not a very good example. I was struggling through a quest in the barrens yesterday. Not one person stopped to help. Another dude comes over to do the quest as well, ignores me and my party invite. A few people run by, nobody stopped to help.
    In the interest if parity; when doing the Chok'sul / Mercenaries quests in Loch Modan in a group of 3, we had gruellingly cleared to the back of the cave and were drinking up ready to pull Chok'sul, and some 43 paladin boosting his 17 friend waltzed past and tagged and killed, no thought for the three of us stood there.

    This has been the only example I've *personally* encountered of this behaviour, so I see no need to deny it either, we were kinda miffed at having to wait on the repop but heyoo.

    Otherwise its been at worst "silent after the initial 'hey' grouping to kill quest stuff" and at best a bunch of banter as we press on through the quest and any others we also happened to share in our logs, so have to admit on the social side it has overall been awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Oh, and stop being a "didn't do that in vanilla"-police. If we're doing something now that we didnt do back then, it's not because we had some sorta unwritten moral code back then, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet.

  5. #685
    Good troll thread OP, 35 pages of replies.

  6. #686
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    In the interest if parity; when doing the Chok'sul / Mercenaries quests in Loch Modan in a group of 3, we had gruellingly cleared to the back of the cave and were drinking up ready to pull Chok'sul, and some 43 paladin boosting his 17 friend waltzed past and tagged and killed, no thought for the three of us stood there.

    This has been the only example I've *personally* encountered of this behaviour, so I see no need to deny it either, we were kinda miffed at having to wait on the repop but heyoo.

    Otherwise its been at worst "silent after the initial 'hey' grouping to kill quest stuff" and at best a bunch of banter as we press on through the quest and any others we also happened to share in our logs, so have to admit on the social side it has overall been awesome.
    Aye. My point was the guy was trying to dismiss OPs claims because he has a different experience. Well guess what, we all have different experiences, just like your experience.

  7. #687
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    With shared tag people come in to help all the time, so that's not a very good example. I was struggling through a quest in the barrens yesterday. Not one person stopped to help. Another dude comes over to do the quest as well, ignores me and my party invite. A few people run by, nobody stopped to help.
    It's a perfect example... in modern WoW shared tag promotes NOT talking to one another... and a lot of the time people will just tag in to get credit then move on. Nah.. in Classic they help even when they KNOW they aren't going to get anything out of it but the satisfaction of knowing they saved someone a corpse walk. THAT is community.

    When you invited... did you first /s or /w anything polite? Like /s Wanna group for this mob?

    You said barrens... maybe that's it.. maybe it's that dirty, filthy Horde mentality... lol

    I dunno man.. our experiences have been completely opposite. Sorry you didn't get to experience it.

    Oh I get plenty of people sneak in and Ninja a chest I am clearing to. But I've had people run by open trade and give me Scrolls, or potions, etc. And I've conjured up some water and food for casters and melee classes and traded out of the blue.

    You get from this game what you put in it.

  8. #688
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Good troll thread OP, 35 pages of replies.
    You sure do post about "trolls" a lot.

  9. #689
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    Is that your opinion, or a fact?
    Obviously a fact.

    Look at how empty Classic servers are :



    Fun fact : compared to the screenshot taken last week, there is actually two fewer "low" servers and two more "high".
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-09-19 at 07:57 PM.

  10. #690
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    with sharding?not rly posible for it to be ghost town,half the classic servers on the other hand,literaly have become ghost towns,they rly need to start with the mergers
    My classic server is medium full late at night up to a 40 minute wait to log in at prime time. So I’m going to guess your observation is just as anecdotal as mine.

  11. #691
    Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    My classic server is medium full late at night up to a 40 minute wait to log in at prime time. So I’m going to guess your observation is just as anecdotal as mine.
    I'm going to guess he's simply lying.

  12. #692
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Obviously a fact.

    Look at how empty Classic servers are :



    Fun fact : compared to the screenshot taken last week, there is actually two fewer "low" servers and two more "high".
    And thats ignoring fact that medium sized realm have more players tham high realm back in 2004. Yeah thats totaly dead game boys.

  13. #693
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post

    Fun fact : compared to the screenshot taken last week, there is actually two fewer "low" servers and two more "high".
    This is not how realm pop works. Being "high" this week is not the same amount of people as "High" last week. Low, medium, high and full are in relation to each other and the amount needed for each changes weekly. They explained this in a blue post not too long ago when people were wondering why there were queues on servers marked as medium. The fact that there are no more queues on med servers means there are either less players or that the amount of people that can log in has increased, or the most likely option, both.

  14. #694
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Obviously a fact.

    Look at how empty Classic servers are :



    Fun fact : compared to the screenshot taken last week, there is actually two fewer "low" servers and two more "high".
    and at 22:40 not a single server was full. checked shazzrah - 0 que.

  15. #695
    The Undying Butter Emails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blaming HillaREEEEEE
    Posts
    33,191
    Every single time there was a thread over the past years crying for Classic WoW, I'd always make most of these points and told I was wrong.

    During the first week, the classic fanboys kept saying "SEE LOOK, THE WORLDS ARE STILL FULL AND THERE'S A HUGE QUEUE" and now that they hype has already died after 2 weeks, the servers are emptying out. WoW classic will be down to a few dedicated players in 3 months, and mostly dead in 6 months.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

  16. #696
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    And thats ignoring fact that medium sized realm have more players tham high realm back in 2004. Yeah thats totaly dead game boys.
    Are we really doing the classic/retail is dead game again now


    all these full realms, 23 high, 151 medium, 22 low and 9 new players realms only on US on retail, now kindly stfu with the "retail/classic" is dead comparison, it makes you and everyone who does the same retarded, and it's not even raid time yet, just so you meassure the retarded lvl of these claims.

    Edit: in case you know how maths work Elias, do simple math and compare classic numbers with retail numbers, now laugh at yourself.
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2019-09-19 at 10:13 PM.

  17. #697
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    This is not how realm pop works. Being "high" this week is not the same amount of people as "High" last week. Low, medium, high and full are in relation to each other and the amount needed for each changes weekly. They explained this in a blue post not too long ago when people were wondering why there were queues on servers marked as medium. The fact that there are no more queues on med servers means there are either less players or that the amount of people that can log in has increased, or the most likely option, both.
    That doesn't work like that anymore, they made a change to the system so now it doesn't refer to the highest-pop realm, and they also explained it in a blue post.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Are we really doing the classic/retail is dead game again now
    No we aren't, nobody but you has refered to retail here, so maybe actually read before going into full knee-jerk idiotic reaction ?

  18. #698
    I'd say we will see the first actual slump in the numbers, should that be happening, in about one week since that would be the 1 month mark from release. Will that be noticeable, I don't know. At least for now it seems to be going strong.

  19. #699
    The Undying Butter Emails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blaming HillaREEEEEE
    Posts
    33,191
    "Nobody ever said classic raids were hard!"

    Lmao I'm seeing a lot of this. People argued this ALL THE TIME. They would pull out how long it took people to beat the raid from release, and vanilla raids took the longest, so therefor, in their minds, that meant vanilla raids were hard. And yet that wasn't the case at all. There were a multitude of factors as to why vanilla raids weren't beaten for weeks, but it was never because they were hard. Yet most insisted they were. Now that they've been proven wrong, it seems those same people are backpedaling hard and going "NOBODY EVER SAID THAT!" because they'd have egg on their face if they admitted that they argued as such.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

  20. #700
    Of all the things mentioned the biggest gripe I have are the community comments,
    You should watch this

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •