Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    We already had like 20 of these threads.
    No changes.
    Everything is perfect in Classic.
    what do you mean no changes?we have a ton of changes in classic that werent in vanila....how can you be ok with graphic settings being modern but no models?its optional just like the graphic choices,you wont see it if YOU dont want to....people against this are just silly

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    I would really like to see this. Some of the old models, like Dwarf are just awful and especially the new Gnome female looks so gorgeous and I would love to be able to use that model. I don't see anything wrong with this as an option.

This could even extend to new NPC models, like wolves and bears, and even druid forms. As OPTIONAL of course.

Some people will say that it is not classic, if there are any changes being made to the game.

1. If you don't like it, don't use it. It won't ever have an effect on you at all. This is a purely positive thing.
    2. We already have many changes in Classic, like being able to rearrange your characters in the login screen, being able to restore your deleted characters and even something very similar to an optional graphical update. The water effects in Classic were different. If I have my settings on high I see the new, wonderfully clear water that was later updated.

So I really don't see anything wrong with having these things as options. I have yet to see one coherent argument against an option for new character models.
    I agree with you, but just to add to your list of changes, you can mount in UC and I assume Ironforge. You couldn't do that till sometime during or after BC.

7+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down

Still no chance, since character customisation is game mechanics & RP-gameplay (no-toggle) + stylistic is part of promise (no-new-models) = No changes.

Last time this stupid thread was seen here. More in links:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    And here goes elephant that you didn't notice (touches back in chronological order):
    <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7> <8> <9> <10> <11> <12> <13> <14> <15> <16> <17> <18> <19> <20> <21> <22> <23> <24> <25>
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-09-16 at 08:50 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Yes it did. Interface old models on, they worked, new models on, they worked. I know that WoD was the second most crappy expansion and you have probably a hate of it (justified), but character models worked there, both the old and the new ones. I testet them enough to know it.
    first, i liked WoD. a lot.

second: you talk a lot BS. First you do not realized that not all races kept their old models, second you missed that switching to old models not fully included everything like run animations, combat animations, etc. they kept the rig what it was like. together with old models. with every pros and cons.

you obviously either have no clue or you just remember wrong. you can read everything about it in the archives. inform yourself before you act like you know stuff. nontheless is this discussion over for me, since its obvious that you not played all races in WoD.

especially the new Gnome female looks so gorgeous
    You just lost all credibility right here.

Also, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    You just lost all credibility right here.

Also, no.
    What? You don't like the new gnome female model? Not only does it look objectively better, it's perfect for gnome females, with that sort of artstyle. When it was presented at Blizzcon, it got a huge pop.

What? You don't like the new gnome female model? Not only does it look objectively better, it's perfect for gnome females, with that sort of artstyle. When it was presented at Blizzcon, it got a huge pop.
    I agree. The old female gnomes look like mannequins. I know gnomes descend from robots, but those were creepy as hell.

People arguing about the skeletons. It took someone 2 days to get them working with modded files. Blizz can do it.

Sure, if people want it.

It's hard to argue against it as an option considering we're playing a much higher-res version of the original classic WoW, with totally different water even on lowest setting. They've already altered the visuals a bit, and I know several people who would be far more inclined to try out classic if they didn't have to play polygonal block characters.

Have it be off by default and an option to enable it if you want in an obscure part of the settings. It impacts nothing and doesn't cause issues. I'd probably play with them off for nostalgia's sake if I got into classic properly, but I don't want to tell others that they shouldn't have the option when it's purely a clientside visual change.

I think you're all missing the point - the current changes were made to accommodate the system being able to be played on modern standards.

Some "QoL" improvements were literally leftovers from retails occupancy, with that being said some small things like changing the order of your characters could've been technologically possible in Vanilla when it was available.

Providing standard modern models requires you to not only update the player models but also update the world models as-well. Which literally defeats part of the purpose of what Classic WoW intended to be. (Why do I want high-res models on low polygon resolutions?)

The argument literally only becomes, why not just layer current model standards on-top of Classic and then just give people the option to opt out?

Well ask yourself, why isn't that CURRENTLY in retail? Because it's technologically better to have more adapted graphics to see the animations more clearly, so everyone would do it.

No changes implies more than just "well have the option to turn it off" it's not that simple nor is it that practical. If you want updated graphics, there is a version of the game with updated graphics already ready for you.

Another one who can't read. Things are already mixed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Then don't use them. Do you people not realize what optional means?
    yeah welcome to the classic community.

*Playing minecraft with shaders and a texture pack*
    "Wtf why do the graphics look so good, wait you used a texture pack and shaders to look good!? just go play call of duty you fucking trash gamer"
    "But i like minecraft, i just want upgraded graphics, its not effecting anyone else in the server, they all have their own graphics"
    "Minecraft is minecraft, go play call of duty you plebian"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah welcome to the classic community.

*Playing minecraft with shaders and a texture pack*
    "Wtf why do the graphics look so good, wait you used a texture pack and shaders to look good!? just go play call of duty you fucking trash gamer"
    "But i like minecraft, i just want upgraded graphics, its not effecting anyone else in the server, they all have their own graphics"
    "Minecraft is minecraft, go play call of duty you plebian"
    I think the only part that annoys me is the "I don't want ANY fucking changes or it's not vanilla"

What about all the changes ready in the game? And the changes since launch?

"Those OBVIOUSLY don't count, you must not have played vanilla like me, I killed rag 4 minutes after launch and did 45k DPS on my ret, go back to retail for easymode!!!"

Why is every response “go to retail”?

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Well, If wanted to play with better models, I'd jump to retail instantly.

And I dont swing my setting to ultra, I sit on classic settings, so water argument isn't that cool I'd say. Well, mail changes are meh, stuff on character creation sounds really... dunno, I dont even know how to respond on that, does that really kill vanilla experience? haha.
    Every time these threads pop up there’s 20 angry trolls saying Go bACk To REtaIl! like that’s even an argument. Does retail have tbc/classic specs? Are the talents the same on retail? Are the endgame raids the same on retail? Is the balance the same on retail?

NO. Retail doesnt have any of this stuff, so your response GO bACk tO REtaIL is a non-starter.

It’s the equivalent of someone asking for updated graphics on mario sunshine and getting 20 tryhard jabronis screeching NO CHANGES! (ignoring the several changes because “doesnt affect it really” while complaining about a client side graphics update, oh the irony) and telling them “just go play mario world if you want better graphics”. No you neanderthal, that’s not what people are asking for.

for the slow ones, we enjoy the story, the gameplay, the challenges that come with classic but we arent 16 years younger so maybe a little bit of graphics updates (re: SEVEN YEAR OLD MODELS) as AN OPTION would be a nice quality of life improvement.

But your response will be some braindead argument since you’re not arguing in good faith, you’re being a toddler who doesnt want anything different about their 17 year old game. Maybe you should act older than the game you’re so invested in, but since y’all didnt ever grow up since vanilla I know Im just wasting breath arguing with grown toddlers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing the necro.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)