Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i think a 3rd spec that was similar to mop demo lock without the imps would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I get you, Gandalf especially uses a staff in battle (getting into wizards outside of WoW here) but mages in WoW have never been portrayed in lore, either in novels, nor in game cinematics using their staff to physically attack an opponent.
    Gandalf uses a sword to actually fight with. He channels his power with the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    To be honest, bows should not be restricted to one class.
    that's why tinkers(along with the other unplayable classes) should exist and paladins should have a ranged spec rather then holy, since they're based so heavily off of DnD's paladin's to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Gandalf uses a sword to actually fight with. He channels his power with the staff.
    yes, and gandalf was a being more analogus to an arch-angel then an old man.

Not exactly Gandalf but I recall Gandalf using his staff similarly before. It's Saruman using his staff in close range combat.

Not exactly Gandalf but I recall Gandalf using his staff similarly before. It's Saruman using his staff in close range combat.
    I don't remember what the movie shows Gandalf doing with the balrog, but when he fights at Minas Tirith he's definitely using his sword.

I don't remember what the movie shows Gandalf doing with the balrog, but when he fights at Minas Tirith he's definitely using his sword.
    He uses his sword the majority of the time when he knows he's in for a fight, but when caught off guard, he swings his staff around to great effect just like Saruman in that scene

Healing spec called Sacrifice. The DJ never shut up about the sacrifices they make, I'm sure there is some room for a healer that instead deals the damage to themselves, lore wise maybe not literally mechanically.

If I recall correctly demon hunters can like steal the abilities of Demons? If that is true make a Dread spec about using Dreadlord abilities?
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2019-09-16 at 01:58 AM.

I would hate that. Dh in wow is suppose to be different than a Diablo Demon Hunter and so on. Because Illidan made Demon Hunter look totally different and unique.

- - - Updated - - -

I get you, Gandalf especially uses a staff in battle (getting into wizards outside of WoW here) but mages in WoW have never been portrayed in lore, either in novels, nor in game cinematics using their staff to physically attack an opponent.
    I always comment on that lol "Mages have a staff and it stands on their back whole fights while they use magic with their hands"

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    So sad they didn't give rogues a ranged spec. Shurikans / Throwing knifes spec would have been so cool.

If there will be a 3rd spec I hope it will be a fel based ranged dps spec.
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around someone being able to shoot me between the eyes to stun me while I'm running away from them. Rogues absolutely do not need a ranged spec. Outlaw is bad enough.

I do hope Dark Ranger gets added and bears similarities to the D3 Demon Hunter.

So sad they didn't give rogues a ranged spec. Shurikans / Throwing knifes spec would have been so cool.
    Rogues don't need a ranged specc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Rogues don't need a ranged specc.
    I don't agree, subtlety and assassination could easily be combined without losing anything major to the class.
    There is plenty of room.. and all I mend to say is that i expected a range spec with the release of TBC. (when they removed the 3rd weapon slot.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around someone being able to shoot me between the eyes to stun me while I'm running away from them. Rogues absolutely do not need a ranged spec. Outlaw is bad enough.
    Magic the game is full of it shhhh..

I don't agree, subtlety and assassination could easily be combined without losing anything major to the class.
    There is plenty of room.. and all I mend to say is that i expected a range spec with the release of TBC. (when they removed the 3rd weapon slot.)
    How about: No.

7+ Year Old Account

i expected a range spec with the release of TBC. (when they removed the 3rd weapon slot.)
    It was MoP when they broke universal and logical weapons' equip system.

As for the topic itself, then - NO. Not only shouldn't there be any DH as class, only fraction, they could barely scrape material for 2 specs, and even this led to robbery and confrontation with other classes, and you still want to give them bow and also long-range abilities... healers... are you out of your mind? What a blatant disrespect to source
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-09-17 at 06:47 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

5+ Year Old Account
    3rd spec must be transformation into range DD (aka Terrorblade)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Druids having 4 specs evens things out. A DH with a bow sounds just like a hunter.
    And a Paladin with a Sword and Shield sounds just like a warrior. And a elemental shaman sounds like a mage. And a Shadow priest sounds like a mage. And a Frost Dk sounds like a fury warrior. Im sure you get the point by now. The list could continue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Uhh.... no. A bow-and-arrow demon hunter does not fit the WoW fantasy of the class.
    Actually that would be false there are ranged DH in Black Temple there are sects of Satyrs that are followers of illidan. Also illidan drops a bow named after him. Now obviously there would be variations. Essentially they wouldnt fire arrows they would use their bow to fire off fel magic. Think a hunter + warlock combo w/o arrows or pets. Or Warlock + Boomkin where their form would be that of a Satyr. Since the Satyrs "lore" wise were elves.

A 3rd Demon Hunter spec I could see playing out like the Red Mage class in Final Fantasy 14

Basically you are a ranged dps class who casts Chaos and Shadow based spells to fill up 2 bars and the focus is to fill them up evenly. You would have a base weak spell that fills it up just a little for both, but after that, your next spell would be instant cast and has a chance to proc a more powerful version of that spell. Once your bars are filled, you would Fel Rush into melee, and do a powerful Melee Combo before vengeful retreating out in order to repeat the process.

Demon Form would involve you throwing your weapons to the ground and summoning 2 Fel Flame Minions who would fight the boss while you hovered with your wings flapping and while you cast Chaos Shadow magic with instant casts.

I think this would keep with the Class Fantasy while giving Demon Hunters a 3rd role in Raids as a Caster DPS while making them Unique as well. It would also add a skill based spec to the class as you have to monitor your Chaos and Shadow magic and know when to Combo to do the most damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please not necro this?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

7+ Year Old Account
    Been thinging about this since we got Demon hunter, it would fit right in and as an elite group of Solderis as they are its kinda strange that they would have no troops right a ranged capabilies.

If you are also looking into the Lore, they would not be 100% Demon Hunters, but you could look at them as a Fail prospect where they use the inner demon for ranged ablities,
    and again, it would give a pure melee class a ranged spec that would be amazing for the entire game.

Since their races are Night elfs and Blood elfs... they have a long history of Rangers with bows and other ranged arms... why would not the failed demon hutners maybe use different weapons.

Just look at Hunter, their specs are kinda 3 different classes, so think about it like a support class for the TRUE demon hunters...

PS: I been a Lore person since 2004... so I know it would to be Purist demon hunters... but if we in the future we will get some kind of Class skins, we could apply that to the different spec, so why not.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Druids having 4 specs evens things out. A DH with a bow sounds just like a hunter.
    This is a stupid thing to say in a world where Paladins are just Priests in plate armor.
    (To the people unable to grasp the sarcasm in the above sentence: Yes, if you simplify Hunters to being all about Bows and DHs being all about Glaives, then such a comparison is very plausible. But the point is that... Paladins and Priests have differencies despite using the same school of magic and DH and Hunter can have differencies despite using the same weapon. Use your imagination for god sake. And if you have none, just... keep quiet? Let the creative people have their fun.)