Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    Would be very interesting if dhs have 3 spec based in bow+dark/fel magic.really i am fun d3 dh,and id like this for wow dhs,a ranged dps,it would be increíble....
    Not a bow, but chakrams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Monks are just Druids that are bad at it and can't transform.
    No monks are violent drunks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Rogues and warriors used to be able to use them but they were about as effective as wands.
    Wands were useful back in Vanilla.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Wands were useful back in Vanilla.
    They should be useful in Retail today. Seems like a waste, a wand is a staple in a mage's arsenal.

The game can fit another ranged physical damage dealer easily, to be honest. Does not have to be a bow or a gun. One can assume that through fel affinity DH gained such telekinetic powers as to use their 1 handed weapons at a distance. Kind of like a glaive throw, but with all attacks. Ideally it would resemble the WoD MM hunter with a 4 piece bonus (that allowed instant Aimed Shot, making the spec 100% mobile). That said, it is extremely unlikely. Fun ideas are frowned upon nowadays.

Tbh a ranged spec for Demonhunters to me would just involve them throwing warglaives at things. It's not like we've not seen them be used that way before. A bow doesn't really make sense.

They should be useful in Retail today. Seems like a waste, a wand is a staple in a mage's arsenal.
    I am still dissapointed there was no artifact wand.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Ooh, I haven't tried equipping a bow on either in forever. Thought they removed the option.
    So far as I'm aware, they've only really removed throwing weapons. Any such items still in inventories on live got converted to grey trash items. Bows/Xbows/guns are still around and CAN be equipped by rogues and warriors much like how hunters can grab a couple 1h's and DW (but it won't help them dps even if specced surv)

15+ Year Old Account
    loads of abilities require you to equip the correct weapon-type or they won't even work.
    So if you equip a bow as a rogue halve of your kit stops working aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Monks are just Druids that are bad at it and can't transform.
    monks are just druids that have guarenteed raid spots

A fel magic/melee hybrid could be fun though. Maybe they imbue their attacks with dark magic (which really is how DK should work).

Everything casters wield are "stat sticks." Do you see mages whacking people over the head with their staff?
    In classic you do

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    In classic you do
    Yeah, when you're out of mana. That's more of an "AAHH, OH SHIT, GET AWAY FROM ME, PLEASE DON'T DIE, PLEASE DON'T DIE!" auto attack than intended game play battle strategy. =P

Yeah, when you're out of mana. That's more of an "AAHH, OH SHIT, GET AWAY FROM ME, PLEASE DON'T DIE, PLEASE DON'T DIE!" auto attack than intended game play battle strategy. =P
    That is true, but hey I've seen mages do it so I could not refrain from responding

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    That is true, but hey I've seen mages do it so I could not refrain from responding
    I get you, Gandalf especially uses a staff in battle (getting into wizards outside of WoW here) but mages in WoW have never been portrayed in lore, either in novels, nor in game cinematics using their staff to physically attack an opponent.

Blizzard is only capable of removing ranged specs from the game not adding them as evidenced by the fact that we have lost more ranged dps specs than gained in the 15+ years of the game.

I'd take that over Outlaw.
    Outlaw should be a ranged spec using pistols / rifles.

This could work, but I think Blizz wants to keep the DH in wow as melee, at least based on what we've seen so far.

The class is an incredibly narrow fantasy. They are glaive (aka. shit weapon for dummies) wielding junkies that shoot demon juice, that's all there is to it. They have no connection to bows or any other weapon really. The tank spec is already a giant ass-pull. Of course they could tack on random shit, but that would be about as sensible as giving warlocks an earth magic spec because infernals are kinda rock-like.

I keep reading "dh 3h spec" imagining them growing a third, demonic arm out of their torso to wield a third warglaive with.

Which is almost as ridiculous as the idea of them wielding bows.