Lightbulb Playble Non-Combat Class Concepts

I more or less look at them as "Companions" to the existing Combat Classes as they would provide support for the existing classes.

My thought on some Playable Non-Combat classes is in some cases, they would replace some NPCs and possibly some Professions in some regards.

Here's a few examples:

• Innkeeper: Able to set up a Sanctuary Shelter outside that other players can enter and gain Rested EXP or use features that can only be used in a Sactuary Area. Can also be done inside Dungeons or Raids. Over time, Innkeepers can provide additional services including Transmog, Cooking Fire and a Rally Point. The Rally Point allows gives Hearthstones the ability to teleport you straight to where a grouped Innkeeper currently is with a 10-minute cooldown.
    • Merchant: Able to set up a Merchant Stand outside that other players can purchase provisions. Can also be done inside Dungeons or Raids. Available supplies change depending on the world or continent but at minimum, Food/Drinks for all level ranges can always be purchased. Over time, Merchants gain the ability to sell Health/Mana Potions, Tradeskill Items, and items crafted by other players. Merchants have a separate storage system for selling items to players as well as selling items crafted by other players. Merchants can also provide Armor Repair.
    • Craftsman: Able to set up a Work Table outside that other players can use for all crafting professions as well as Armor Repair, Milling and Prospecting. Can also be done inside Dungeons or Raids. Craftsmen can use their Work Table to craft from ALL professions but do not require special tools some craft items will require. There is also no cooldown for any crafted items as long as the materials are present. Over time, Craftsmen gain access to Specialized Crafting in Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring, Alchemy and Engineering.
    • Field Medic: Able to set up a Triage Table outside that other players can use to instantly restore their HP, Mana and Secondary Resource just by standing close to it. Can also be done inside Dungeons or Raids. Field Medics can also sell Elixirs that change depending on world or conintent but for all level ranges. Over time, Field Medics can sell Vaccines protect Combat Classes from Diseases, Venoms or Poisons and Curses. Triage Tables can eventually be used like a Graveyard by Combat Classes and in addition, Players who ressurrect from a Triage Table never have Ressurection Sickness and are at full Health/Mana.
    • Banker: Able to set up a Storage Vault outside that other players use for Personal, Guild and Void Storage. Can also be done inside Dungeons or Raids. Bankers can also provide Mail Services. Over time, Bankers can offer High Capacity Storage which will allow up to 1,000 items to be stored to other players. Bankers can also provide Gold Storage that will gain interest at a fixed rate. Bankers will eventually gain Universal Storage, allowing up to 5,000 items and up to 5,000,000G to be stored in a shared storage system for all characters on the server by faction.
    • Questmaster: Able to set up a Quest Board outside for other players to complete. Questermasters gain EXP, Gold and Rep depending on what zone they are in. Over time, they will be able to offer quests in more zones and more difficult quests for other players.

Non-Combat Classes would also have the following rules in place:

• Unable to be flagged for PvP or participate in PvP. If grouped with Combat Classes flagged for PvP, certain skills won't effect the opposing class.
    • Gains EXP by either doing work or interacting with Combat Classes.
    • Cannot be targeted by hostile NPCs while in a party with Combat Classes.
    • Up to 3 Non-Combat Players can be in a 5-man Group. Up to 7 can be in a 10-man raid. Up to 12 can be in a 25-man raid. Up to 25 can be in a 40-man raid.
    • Non-Combat Classes cannot enter Battlegrounds or Arenas.
    • Other players automatically dismount when next to or interacting with Non-Combat Classes' workspace.
    • Combat Classes cannot interact with the Triage Table, Merchant Stand or Sanctuary Shelter while in combat.

...That's what I got so far.

At the very least, it's a pretty interesting idea. Non-Combat Classes gain experience in a different way from Combat Classes is all. You'd fill niche roles without stepping on the toes of existing professions too much. Since they're player controlled, it would be a way to enjoy the game in a different way while still being helpful to other players. Another idea is making the above Classes Primary or Secondary Professions but making them their own Class made more sense to me for some reason.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

The game revolves around combat though. Don't players sit around doing nothing long enough between managing auctions, banks and guilds? I can't imagine players flocking to be bankers or innkeepers in a game about adventuring and exploration.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    The game revolves around combat though. Don't players sit around doing nothing long enough between managing auctions, banks and guilds? I can't imagine players flocking to be bankers or innkeepers in a game about adventuring and exploration.
    Alternate content for alternate playstyles, but yeah, I can't see Blizzard ever doing something like this.

Imagine paying $15/mo to roleplay as a non mobile NPC.

Reminds me of sword art online

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    At the very least, it's a pretty interesting idea.
    Until you start thinking about how actual gameplay would work in any of those situations.
    Most (all?) of those ideas is "set up a shop and then just stand around doing nothing at all".

You need to have gameplay.

almost all of these things already exist in the form of consumables/class abilities/toys/mounts/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Snip
    My first MMO didn't have an auction house as you'd understand it in WoW. You rolled a Merchant class character and levelled it up by grouping or just auto attacking stuff till it popped until you could get put points in your Vending skill. You'd use the skill, drag items from your inventory to the window, choose your price, hit select a name for your store, hit ok. A chat bubble would appear over your head that any player could click to browse your goods and buy them right then and there. Only real downside was you couldn't do anything else, on that toon or another, while you were vending.

Merchants also could train the ability to buy goods from vendors for less than everyone else could. Picture the warfront turnin quests. Be able to buy the items right there from another player, or buy the vendor mats needed to make the items for slightly less than you could from the vendor. Say I need 10 honey to cook the food. Normally I'd need to spend 4g on it. Merchant could buy it for 3, keep 50s of it. Could make good money just a bit at a time.

They could also train the ability to sell things to vendors for more. Say you got 100 animal pelts that would normally sell for 100g to a vendor. You could strike a deal with the Merchant that he'd sell them to the vendor for 125, and gets to keep 5-10g of it. It was very interactive.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2019-09-15 at 09:22 AM.

Interesting concept maybe if they ever make a wow 2.0 they can utilize a part of it, together with housing/inn/shops.
    Maybe setup a shop before you log out? You need to hire/buy buildings in towns to do so.