Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Can't have true rares anymore due to c___ selling them. Crz and shards made them borderline exploitable. You can easily buy time lost protodrake now. They find it. take it away and sell the kill. Is this what you want ? this should be sorted by blizzard

I liked the BC and WotlK one, cus rares were on a long respawn and it was "hard" to get compared to mop and newer. nowadays they're instant spawn, but lose the rare tag after you've killed it <.< makes no sense.

Get/kill everything achievements are fine when they simply act as a handy way to track what you finished. They shouldn't be part of any meta or reward anything except for the achievement itself.

No, that's why I don't bother. If i stumble across one cool, I'll kill it. Otherwise doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I also hate camping for something that will get one-shotted and I may not get the tag, and then extremely low drop chance on top of that aka Timeless Isle. Fucking hate that place.
    Luckily, I finished Bigger Bag early in WoD (obviously, the last one was that crab pet from a rare with two spawn points, I had the pet from another char, but that didn't count for the achievement...)
    Like Feril said, make those achievements account-wide. Pets should count like in Raiding with Leashes, so you can just buy them. I already hate the system of making almost all pets tradeable. Or only use common drops as requirements, like the Nazjatar consumables.

But yeah, if something's oneshottable, they should address that. They did give the Pandaria world bosses some effect that lets them take less damage in the first ~2 seconds, so that everyone camping can get in an instant attack, but just last night I was in Tanaan again, grinding rep on an Alliance Cloth char for the set, but I'm also missing one mount from the rares there, when Doomroller spawned just 100y/m away. But before I could even get into visible range, it was dead.

What they need to do for these kind of older-content mobs is reduce the respawn time.
    They did that for the mentioned Pandaria world bosses, but that's still 15-25 minutes, I think.

Just put these on a 5min respawn, and either remove their zone-wide yells, or change them to only trigger for your client every 30min, or if you're not already loot-locked.

Also, give current content rares lower respawns, even fixed times across all realms, to discourage realm-hopping. If your realm is underpopulated and you can't solo it yet, you should still be able to find a group, or create one and wait for others.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-09-21 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Timeless Isle (5.4) was my favourite WoW patch and hub. Especially the rares and the coin grinds. And I thoroughly enjoyed both Mechagon and Nazjatar. I progressed quite a bit into them. I did get most of the rares and they aren't the problem. The Rustfeather mount is not an alternative to the Mechagon achievement one. It is a different colour and it looks bland and boring. The Mechagon achievement one has a wonderful colourpalette. Well, I won't be getting it in the next few years though so I guess I should just try to forget it as best I can.
    My only beef with Timeless Isle was there was literally only one way to get to the higher levels. Say you're at the terrace where you can summon an archiereus and you see a rare up in the room adjacent to Ordos'. You have to run literally to the opposite end of the island to get to the ramp up, then all the way back. You literally have to run from one end of the island to the other twice to get to somewhere that's on your map. Way too much. If there were additional ways to get up to Ordos' area the place would be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    My only beef with Timeless Isle was there was literally only one way to get to the higher levels. Say you're at the terrace where you can summon an archiereus and you see a rare up in the room adjacent to Ordos'. You have to run literally to the opposite end of the island to get to the ramp up, then all the way back. You literally have to run from one end of the island to the other twice to get to somewhere that's on your map. Way too much. If there were additional ways to get up to Ordos' area the place would be golden.
    You could just go to the sea (where you start Fatigue-ing) and get on your flying mount, then head in the direction you want and slow fall/glide down :3 It was part of Rolo's Riddle questchain even :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You could just go to the sea (where you start Fatigue-ing) and get on your flying mount, then head in the direction you want and slow fall/glide down :3 It was part of Rolo's Riddle questchain even :P
    If you were in the middle of the island that would take just as long as getting up there the normal way. A ramp up behind the daily quiz questgiver could've been nice enough.

I'm still missing like 1/2 of the MoP timeless isle rare drops.

I'm never going for all of them, but dangit I wish some of the cooler ones were more common drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    People have actually been asking for a return of true rares, timeless isle style, for years now. Most of the rares in Legion and Wod have been 1-minute respawn rares that aren't really rare. Nazjatar and Mechagon are something many of us have been calling for.

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, and it's not like those achievements are somehow obligatory either. I disagree that Commander of Argus is similar to what we have in the current patch. Those rares were not rare at all. Some of them just required a specific summon method, which most of them time you could actually ask someone to do for you, and some were just available when the WQ was up. Nothing hard about that achievement. Same goes for Tanaar rares.

There is an alternative to the mount from Mecha-done achievement, getting one from Rustfeather If you're just doing it for the visuals of a mount and not to get as many as possible, you can pick one of the two.
    Its definitely not "most" more like an extremely vocal minority have as a lot of people HATED timeless and its style of rare hunting

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Sorry OP but the game should never be designed around people who just want to have EVERYTHING. Completionists/obsessive collectors are an unhealthy minority, that can never be satisfied unless they get everything, no matter if they like it or not.
    I don't think anything is "designed" around people who want to have everything. Just because there's an achievement available doesn't mean you are obligated to get it. There's no design change between "kill 10 out of those 30 rares" and "kill all 30 rares" - both cases you just have those rares on the map, you can kill them for their loot, or you can go for all of them.

People sometimes act as if there being an achievement in game should mean it's easily attainable by everyone, even those who don't wont to put in enough effort. That's just not the case. It's fine to have a Mythic: Queen Azshara achievement, and it's fine to have a "Collect all these items" achievements. They cater to different audiences, no one is forced, but also no one is blocked from completing either of them.