Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I posed the exactly same suggestion a few days ago so I 100% support this idea and I really hope blizzard is thinking about revamping the heirloom system.

I would like for heirlooms to be reworked. Instead of a piece of gear, they could be turned into a permanent (but removable, if wanted) buff to the slot that you'd "apply" on your alt when you create it if you wish to use heirlooms.

The slot would then be "enchanted" and benefit any piece of gear that gets put there. This frees of the actual equipment slots to be used again. So instead of pants with +10% exp bonus that you wear until level 120 that have slightly better stats then most gear, the slot itself would have a 10% bonus and apply a +5% (or less, or more, just throwing out a number) stat boots to any item put there. This makes dungeon drops useful again, quest rewards, etc.
    Not being able to be excited about anything while leveling feels so bad. So long between talents. So long between skills. The bulk of quest reward and dungeon drops and crafted gear useless. A change like this would at least bring back a little excitement when a quest reward or dungeon drop isn't even glanced at because it's not worth losing 10% exp.

To be honest, heirlooms should have just been turned into a permanent account-wide xp boost. Having to pop them out of collections and delete them later is so pointless.
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

I don't think that is devastating decision at all. How else would you have a sense of progress? Point is not to get back to old and stagnate. Sure, you can learn from older things and make better now but go back and be there - no. Huge no.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    *snip*
    You can bitch all you like but old content has been invalidated since BC. They lowered the xp required from 1-60 when BC went live. It's not like this is a new mindset.

Oh no! Devaluing gear that will just be tossed away a few missions later when you get something better! For shame!
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

#WithoutRespectWeReject

Make a stacking 10% experience buff for each Max level character on the account. Then I won't care about heirlooms but until then, just get me thru the slog asap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    To be honest, heirlooms should have just been turned into a permanent account-wide xp boost. Having to pop them out of collections and delete them later is so pointless.
    Yep, this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    You can bitch all you like but old content has been invalidated since BC. They lowered the xp required from 1-60 when BC went live. It's not like this is a new mindset.
    It is no new mindset. Yet, a devastating one. As the recent history in wow development shows.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    It is no new mindset. Yet, a devastating one. As the recent history in wow development shows.
    Honestly, between expansions making old content irrelevant from a gearing perspective is probably not a bad thing.

It's the whole thing they've been doing since 3.1 where each raid tier makes the previous garbage. People were running every raid in BC, even Karazhan right up until the moment we could get on the boats to Northrend. But when 8.1 hit, 10M normal Ulduar gear was as good as 25M Naxx/EOE/Sarth, and 3.2 with TOGC made things even worse: 10M normal TOC gear was better than 25 hard mode Ulduar, and there was another 45 item levels above that with TOGC 25. It was absolutely wild.

They did it, of course, because Blizzard straight up admitted later that they thought he playerbase was too stupid to understand linear progression so they made it exponential, and we've had two squishes that haven't helped at all to bring that ridiculous powerslide under control.

However, 3.0 making 2.0-2.4 content worthless? That I'm ok with.

EDIT: my bad it wasn't 15 ilvl jumps in Wrath, it was 13 and they only made it 15 ilvls with Cata, but still.

I fully support this idea, leveling definetly feels better when one equips new gear and stuff, but no amount of "feeling better" would ever justify decreasing the exp bonus.

I can deal with that.

I'd like the picking quest difficulty if they could actually balance the scaled quests in the first place. It already feels like I'm bouncing between easy and hard mode depending on the expansion.

A downside I just thought of though is that now the two wouldn't stack. You can currently both enchant and have an xp boost on heirloom gear, extra beneficial as the enchant doesn't need replacing and scales down to you.

But I guess that'd be made up for the two (reg +heirloom enchants) not stacking by the slight stat buff you mentioned being tied to them. yeah, okay, I'm back on board.