Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Abilities that brewmaster should have

Brewmaster

Dizzying Haze
    You hurl a keg of your finest brew, reducing the movement speed of all enemies within X yards by Y% for Z sec. Deals a high amount of threat.
    Storm, Earth, and Fire
    Split into 3 elemental spirits for X sec, each spirit dealing Y% of normal damage and healing.
    You directly control the Storm spirit, while Earth and Fire spirits mimic your attacks on nearby enemies.
    While active, casting Storm, Earth, and Fire again will cause the spirits to fixate on your target.
    Flying Serpent Kick
    Soar forward through the air at high speed for X sec.
    If used again while active, you will land, dealing (Y% of attack power) damage to all enemies within Z yards and reducing movement speed by A% for B sec.
    Wandering Keg
    Roll around inside a barrel, dealing damage to enemies in the way and knocking them back.
    Energizing Brew
    Regenerates X Energy over Y sec.
    Can only be used while in combat.
    Combo Strikes
    Your abilities deal X% more damage when they are not a repeat of the previous ability.
    Mistweaver

Fast Feet
    Reduces the duration of snares by X%. You move Y% faster for Z sec after being attacked.
    Healing Brew
    Heal lowest Health ally within X range for Y Health.
    Cloud Serpent
    Invoke Yu'lon, the Jade Serpent also damages foes.
    Blinding Wind
    Refreshing Jade Wind also stuns all enemies within X yards, rendering them unable to move or attack for Y sec.
    Jug of 1,000 Cups
    Channel for up to X seconds. Every Y seconds, increase the cooldown of Jug of 1,000 Cups by Z seconds, up to A additional seconds and heal the lowest Health nearby ally for B Health.
    Safety Sprint
    Fast Feet also increases Armor.
    Gale Force
    Adds a Knockback, DoT, slow and haste reduction effects to Rushing Jade Wind.
    Blessings of Yu'lon
    Activating Summon Yu'lon, the Jade Serpent summons the spirit of Yu'lon, healing all Summon Yu'lon, the Jade Serpent's targets for an additional X% of Summon Yu'lon, the Jade Serpent's heal over Y sec.
    Double Dragon
    Flying Serpent Kick now has an additional charge.
    Mistweaving
    Heals nearby allies for X% every second. This effect is reduced to Y% if the target is in combat.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-08-04 at 04:31 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about the last one. I would leave combo actions to the Windwalker. Let it have something unique. Instead I would bring back Chi as a resource for all three monk specs.

The legion artifact aoe barrel explosion one.
    /thread

dizzying haze, don't we already have a "keg smash" ability that does basically the same thing? Deals threat, reduces movement speed.

S,E,F seems more likely to cause accidental pulls then really help with tanking. As far as taunting 3 guys at once, we have an AoE taunt for that.

I'd rather not get FSK but get Wandering Keg as its substitute mobility CD. Maybe not the knockback, as that'd probably pull extra trash packs, but have it functionally similar to FSK in that you channel it until you explode out, dealing a small burst of AoE, with the difference that it moves slightly slower but you can control its path! That sounds like a lot of fun. Alternatively, running on the barrel like that WQ in Legion.

I've never needed an energy burst.

I think the mastery/passive is fine.

I'd add clash to that list. RIP clash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    dizzying haze, don't we already have a "keg smash" ability that does basically the same thing? Deals threat, reduces movement speed.
    Not the same. Dizzying Haze had no CD, dealt no damage, and was targetable on the ground. It was awesome for kiting.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

You do not want Storm Earth and Fire as an ability, its terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    You do not want Storm Earth and Fire as an ability, its terrible.
    10/10

If your tried to play a ww and put out really freaking numbers...you dont want SEF at all... too often dont they move or simply dont copy spells or look the absolute worst direction...dont ask for that shit

yeah, who actually sits down at their keyboard and thinks: "yeah as a tank, I want my aoe balanced around more pickup time"
    combo strikes is stupid uninteresting if blackout strike exists in its current form
    the duration on dizzying haze needs a nerf though to fit in with the bfa slow rates, and im not sure blizz wants kiting to be that easy
    also, I would really like it if blizz brought back the old ToD for mw/brew and kept new ToD for ww

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    yeah, who actually sits down at their keyboard and thinks: "yeah as a tank, I want my aoe balanced around more pickup time"
    combo strikes is stupid uninteresting if blackout strike exists in its current form
    the duration on dizzying haze needs a nerf though to fit in with the bfa slow rates, and im not sure blizz wants kiting to be that easy
    also, I would really like it if blizz brought back the old ToD for mw/brew and kept new ToD for ww
    I wish WW also had the WoD era ToD. It sucks being balanced around its current iteration. In WoD good use of ToD added extra opportunity to excel.

That's what I hate about Legion/BFA - the things every class/spec can do to excel has been death touched

I dont think the old version really did much to reward any amount of skill, you just spammed that shit when an add or boss got low and got rewarded for having low ping

it also got kind of shitty for ww near the end of every xpac as dps increased relative to max hp

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    10/10

If your tried to play a ww and put out really freaking numbers...you dont want SEF at all... too often dont they move or simply dont copy spells or look the absolute worst direction...dont ask for that shit
    Can't beat standing still with SEF out and hitting FoF and the clones do nothing.... Also having to basically drop FoF when a boss is moving to ensure the clones don't freak out or just stand still fisting the air. Its a cool concept but SEF has more problems then some classes.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Can't beat standing still with SEF out and hitting FoF and the clones do nothing.... Also having to basically drop FoF when a boss is moving to ensure the clones don't freak out or just stand still fisting the air. Its a cool concept but SEF has more problems then some classes.
    oh boi i know exactly what you mean... the amount of times that this spell caused dps to be super low is too damn high. Sure you can "git gud" and handle it better but honestly even then... it still bugs and that unbelievable annoying

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    I dont think the old version really did much to reward any amount of skill, you just spammed that shit when an add or boss got low and got rewarded for having low ping

it also got kind of shitty for ww near the end of every xpac as dps increased relative to max hp
    You'd be surprised to see differences across players in their ability to track hp of multiple targets and swap as necessary.

But yes having multiple monks was an issue.

Dizzying Haze only point is to spam it to run and completly cheese adds on some bosses (imagine what it could do in mythic plus...)

Storm, Earth, and Fire has literally no brew flavour attached to it for brew it would just be a boring dps cd

Flying Serpent Kick would break the balance with other tanks even more (brew already has the best mobility out of all tanks)

Energizing Brew is worthless with the current design since you're never energy starved playing properly

Mastery: Combo Strikes is also a terrible design since brew gameplay literally does it by default, it would just be a flat damage increase, again balance issues for no reason

Clash and Exploding keg could come back in handy, but the core problem of the spec's gameplay isn't the lack of spells, it's the lack of interaction beetween spells, there is no proc, no synergy , you just press the same rotation over and over no matter what, that was sort of fixed by legendaries in legion, shoulders gave you 2 charges of keg smash, keg smash resetted breath of fire cd, and blackout combo was a good option, the whole spec felt more dynamic especially on aoe

Bringing back those interactions and making blackout combo baseline would make for a much more refined and enjoyable spec, adding bad flavour abilities wouldn't.

I miss Keg Toss. It was great for pulling bosses.

I might be the only one, but I miss that fire blossom spell from MoP.

Clash was always bugged and rarely worked. We don't need a gap closer, we have Dave, which is hands down, the greatest tanking tools in the game.

Keg Toss coming back I'd be ok with.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    A knockdown ability.

Definitely could use Dizzying Haze again. Not to mention reversing that nerf to tank threat!

Light Brewing, High Tolerance, Eerie Fermentation, and Hot Trub should all be baseline for Brewmaster spec.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Dizzying Haze. Remove the slow aspect of it as might be way too good for M+ just make it generate threat like an additional taunt.
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT