Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    There is a way for advancement: becoming the leader of your faction.
    But that would be madness.
    Would be funny if you would just end up playing the role of commander in an RTS version of WoW.

we'll become faction leaders under the warchief and high monarch
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I mean they could elevate us to demigod status, though that would require serious suspense of disbelief since people were already taking issues with seeing thousands of paladins with the Highlord title so imagine if how they'd deal with every single player being a demigod.

Warchief of course ! So we will be able to take place in the throne room and give quests to low level players to clean ragefire chasm again.

ALL DAYS.

ALL YEAR AROUND.

And you wonder why our warchiefs go insane...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I have never actually seen someone say they like nathanos, wow
    I don't even know why people hate him, he's nothing like the cringe that is sylvanas. I thought he had a pretty good story.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    He's the hereditary King of Stormwind and the elected High King of the Alliance.
    When was he elected? Because the office of high king isn't hereditary afaik.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    When was he elected? Because the office of high king isn't hereditary afaik.
    Varian was elected High King during a meeting of the Alliance leadership in "Wolfheart." Oddly, the office appeared to pass to Anduin on the occasion of Varian's death during the Legion War at the Broken Shore, but this too has been indirectly ratified by the Alliance council, at least until the conclusion of the existing hostilities when I assume his appointment would be reconsidered. I guess you could say Anduin's current status is High King pro tempore, pending full ratification by the council at a later date.

His position of King of Stormwind is purely hereditary, normal progression in a monarchy. His position of High King is still dependent on the Alliance council's ratification, and can be presumably withdrawn either directly by vote or indirectly by withdrawal of all the other Alliance nations' collected forces from his control.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i want to go back to being the order hall leader and tell the alliance and horde to fuck off.

i hate being involved with the alliance and horde again.
    The identity of Horde and Alliance always sucked. Unlike the class halls, both factions always catered to the tired Orcs v. Humans trope. The only ones that have cared for factions are PvPers, and that stuff happens in the background with zero impact on lore. The devs/designers tried to force feed us this sh!t in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    The identity of Horde and Alliance always sucked. Unlike the class halls, both factions always catered to the tired Orcs v. Humans trope. The only ones that have cared for factions are PvPers, and that stuff happens in the background with zero impact on lore. The devs/designers tried to force feed us this sh!t in BFA.
    Gotta justify Gank Mode, after all, because everyone knows no one follows the story more closely than gankers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Well with Legion we were pretty much on the Jaina/Thrall "hero character" tier, slightly nerfed now with the loss of our artifact weapons, but still clearly retaining our high prestige, if not our raw power level.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    I only hate Sylvanas. I like Nathanos. But I hate Sylvanas.
    I liked Sylvanas. I don't appreciate her now. I like Nathanos as well. And the fake way she says "CHAMPIANNNS"

I hope not. I hate the Horde/Alliance. I just want to be an adventurer/mercenary again. I don't want to be a soldier, regardless of what rank is given.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    From Classic to TBC we are adventurers, at the end of Wotlk we are heroes, in cata we are champions, in Mop we are an elite force, in Wod we are comanders and in legion we are the leaders of our respective order halls so in order words, great polítical leaders, people who has both great military and political influence and in Bfa we are...??? Ambassadors?? Veterans?? And what are we going to be in the coming expansions?? Any thoughts??
    I'd rather we go back to Adventurers or mildly known Heroes, Blizzard claims we've gone so far along the track we can't just be normal adventurers or Heroes again, yes we can. Just fix the damn Order Hall storylines, put In place ACTUAL CHARACTERS that will lead the order halls or those that will disband them.

Some Order Halls we know what's happening to them, Earthen Ring and Cenarion Circle and helping out in Silithus as a neutral party. But I doubt the player Archdruid/Seer had a say in it.

Neither did the Highlord player have a say In the fact that the Silver Hand has joined the Alliance as Is evidenced by the Silver Hand specific riders that are following Turalyon In Battle for Stromgarde.

We're not really leaders, they just pretended us to be leaders and I hate that. I don't even want to be a leader, I'd rather Tirion Fordring lead the Silver Hand as a neutral party to protect the world from undead/scourge and other worldly threats. That to me seems like a better idea than having a blank slate character player #2725429 be the leader of a respective Order Hall without any voice, any character or any presence at all. A garrison was already a stretch but leader of an entire order hall? Fudge off.

Imagine if this was done in Wrath. "oh noooo Alliance/Horde are too weak after Wrathgate to do anything, It's up to you now, Order Halls to save the world" and then we replace important characters like Magni, Mograine, Tirion and do It ourselves. All of that would be boring, who would shatter Frostmourne after that? Us? That'd be BORING to even say, I'd rather we fight these big baddies as the band of adventurers who came to help the Important characters who we can rally around, Tirion, Khadgar, Anduin, Saurfang etc.

So In the next coming expansion the pecimist and cynic that WoW has made me out to be, I'd say they'll make us the Archmage of the entire freain universe, or the very Avatar of the Titans themselves or some shiz like that. Cause If you give us a step up the ladder each time, eventually there's going to be no more ladder to climb. And going from gods of the entire freakin unvierse down to Adventurers IS going to be hard. Where we are now It's not hard to go down.

I wish they pull the same thing they did with Varian returning to Stormwind, the fact that -he- killed Onyxia and returns to Stormwind Trumphant. I wish they instead of the Player Order Hall Leader put In place one of the other Order Hall Champions as having been the leader during this entire thing.

So say the Paladin Order Hall would've had Lord Maxwell Tyrosus who we all rallied around as even the Wielder of Ashbringer or one of the three weapons. And infact, each order hall would have these three separate champions that wielded these weapons and we rallied around them IN LORE. Not ingame and also use that to BETTER explain where did all of our artifact weapons go after the fact. Because I really don't wanna go another expansion without knowing where Ashbringer or Doomhammer is since I've been following them as weapons, especially Ashbringer since Wrath.

So I'm not being very hopeful being the giant cynical guy that I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i want to go back to being the order hall leader and tell the alliance and horde to fuck off.

i hate being involved with the alliance and horde again.
    Play another game, you're Alliance or Horde that's it there aint going to be any splintering or neutrality unless you wanna play a pandaren on that one isle.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, the Horde Champion is probably the best candidate for Warchief in the Horde. They are very powerful and likely have the largest approval among both civilians and the Horde military and they have acted as the confidant and champion of pretty much every other Horde leader.
    He's also the one who routinely falls for various ploys and then has to fix their own mistakes, be it with Sha, Loken, N'zoth/Xal'atath or even eating some nuts someone previously shat out back in Grizzly Hills (although that's probably Alliance only). Also, they routinely fail to kill minor villains at their first encounter - they should take some lessons from Velen. Also, that's assuming that the various "poop quests" and the like aren't actually canon, but a typical MMO filler instead.

When it comes to actual leadership, the player character doesn't really do much other than send his own champions on minor missions, which in no way compares to leading a major superpower.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-09-21 at 03:28 PM.

The Order Hall leaders shouldn't have lost their artifacts, and should have continued progressing in obtaining more raw-power, becoming sort of eternals/demigods recognized by all. We should have become completely divorced with the dealings of the Horde and the Alliance, only popping back in to put a couple of them in their early graves when they threaten Azeroth. The story should have focused more on quickly putting N'Zoth in his grave (he is quite weak by WoW:Legion standards, mind you), and then moving on to fight the Void across the cosmos. The downgrade is just incredibly stupid no matter how you look at it.