Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    i feel like they could pull off up to wrath then stop we dont need to relive those other horrors
    Yeah before they changed the world with the cataclysm would be the sweet spot.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Like is everyone on the server just going to farm the same instances over and over, and be geared to the teeth, just to do what? Run around in your awesome gear and kill the same things that you pretty much have on farm and have no use for since you already own every piece?
    Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    we need to stop somewhere.

Best bet, stop at Wrath since it was by far their most popular with 12m subs. If they make it that far, Ill go to WotLK and never look back. Of every experience since Classic, it was my preferred while Cata being the one I hated the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

IMO ALOT of people do want Classic+ kinda how they did OSRS. I think it's just the small vocal minority from private servers that just want it to stay classic.
    I would love for them to go the OSRS route and update the game while keeping the classic ideals of vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    ppl saying they wanted blizz to make more vanilla content are the real idiots.
    Yes, how dare people have an opinion different to you. Irony at its finest, what a bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigald View Post
    Fair enough, not sure what's the best idea.. Keeping a classic server and launch a TBC one next to it, it seems dividing... how many players will be there after that?

They can do a lot yeah but will they? Errr
    There won't be a problem... They can merge servers and everything will work properly. They need something like 200k players per region for the game to work.
    Imagine in the past there were battlegroups for PvP BGs and Arenas...200k people was like one battlegroup...you don't need 10 for the game to work...
    The problem was function imbalance in the server, however they can solve it with free migrations to lower population servers...
    And there are still people that would main in TBC but there wouldn't play classic or WotLK and people who would just stay play Classic.

You're not missing anything, OP. BC and probably Wrath are obviously coming. There has been too much hype around Classic for Blizzard to not keep the money train going.

What is unclear is when the expansions will end. A Classic Cataclysm won't make much sense, but it also seems odd that Blizzard will stop at Wrath. What would be their reasoning? Cata sucks, so we're not going to do that one?

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    You're not missing anything, OP. BC and Wrath are obviously coming. There has been too much hype around Classic for Blizzard to not keep the money train going.
    Nah, i doubt it. While BC is not too far from the ideals of classic, flying, they agreed was a mistake. And i doubt that i would like to see flying on any kind of BC-Classic-Server. And BC has simply the issue that we already have all the content on the live-realms; different to the vanilla-zones that were lost because of the cataclysm that ruined a lot of zones except one.

BC also began the questline that began the Story of Garrosh, and i rather have a game where this warmonger was never ever discovered.

I think that classic+ has more potential. Blizzard would need to polish some specs, add some abilities through the classic+ experience too. I already see people crying, but if we go on from the game from 1.1 to 1.12 and 1.13 now, blizzard ALWAYS changed specs, added things and abilities and so on. Paladins for example were created in mind that they would buff all 5 min the whole raid, that's no longer the case since they added the greater blessings, so yes, they would maybe be a case of the MANY SPECS that would get an overwork of Prot and Ret as they overworked a lot of other specs back in vanilla.

And much more. But if they create new content, they need to keep the old stuff in mind. I also hope that a classic+ experience would give us new classic-dungeons, away from the ones with mythic+ and speedrunning/esport in mind, instead of getting the lore there and back into our games.

So yes, Classic+ is hopefully coming. And with that many people looking forward for it, why not?

And that's from someone who loves BC far more than i could ever for Vanilla, since it's simply the superior expansion and actually classic+ in many ways, since BC is really a classic+ experience.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-09-23 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    This is in my opinion a misconception that mainly applies to the (PvE) Endgame of the game.

First off, <snip>
    For your first point I would add that to reducing the frustration of classic. I don't think it's a game changer to add Green's to quest rewards. I'm getting those now in Classic at Level 40 and have been for a while now. If you want to say, "but the stats are improved/help you more", I would agree, but I don't put that in the category of "game design changes". I always do a mix of dungeons and quests when I level. Get gear upgrades more often from dungeons in classic, and get gear upgrades from quests more often when I played BC. Doesn't change the fact that I still got upgrades from both and played both.

For your point about dungeons, I will concede. Considering grinding dungeons in Classic end-game I suspect will be quite different from grinding dungeons in BC. Still nothing like Wrath, which was my point of comparison, but you are correct, in that there's a pretty big difference between L60 Vanilla dungeons and L70 BC dungeons.

Arena also remain a rather controversial introduction, while most have swallowed that pill, i believe that in hindsight, placing the focus of PvP Balance onto Arena was a mistake, the idea of a pure deathmatch forced classes into certain roles and in general made it a requirement that every class / spec has access to a certain tool, such as interrupts, offensive cd's, defensive cd's, etc..
    While this was the XPac where arenas were introduce, we didn't see PVP balanced around them until later. There were many classes & specs that were completely broken in arenas during TBC, that were either very overpowered, or hardly worked at all in the arena.

At first glance, i would generally agree that TBC could be seen as "Vanilla +", but once you take a deeper look, you realize how many (controversial) changes were already set up in TBC, there just were not as obvious because the overall gameplay / combat still had a very Vanilla esque touch.
    I know there were a lot of changes, but overall, TBC still had a lot of what we like from Vanilla and with the comparatively few things we see now that have completely changed WoW in the time since, TBC is still close to Vanilla.

My contention is that the abundance of QoL changes in TBC outweigh the, IMO, handful of changes away from what makes Vanilla great. By Wrath those changes got more extreme, and by Cata the world changes pretty much erase Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Nah, i doubt it. While BC is not too far from the ideals of classic, flying, they agreed was a mistake.
    Sure a few Blizz devs have said that, but they walk it back quickly every time they try to implement no more flying.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Why would u split the community they already have to coordinate updates with live why throw tbc into the mix as well.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I think that classic+ has more potential. Blizzard would need to polish some specs, add some abilities through the classic+ experience too. So yes, Classic+ is hopefully coming. And with that many people looking forward for it, why not?
    I'm fairly certain I've heard them say they won't add more content to Classic even though it's something they thought of. I'm not sure how they do it without breaking the timeline again, and considering how much flack they got when they did it the last time, I don't see a good way for them to do it this time.

Otherwise, what's the foe we would encounter greater then Onyxia, Nefarian, and the Lich King's rise of the Scourge & #1 lieutenant Kel'Thuzad, but happens before the portal to Outland is reopened?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Why would u split the community they already have to coordinate updates with live why throw tbc into the mix as well.
    Because we suspect Classic Vanilla cannot sustain a large enough audience past the first couple years. Especially at the rate it's already being consumed.

Plus with everyone keeping the same sub, it's just a matter of deciding which sandbox to play in. They can merge servers and people who want to play forever-Vanilla still can, and that community will persist, while other communities that don't want to do that can play TBC or Retail. The alternative for many is not playing WoW at all once they are done with Classic.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2019-09-24 at 12:23 AM.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I'm fairly certain I've heard them say they won't add more content to Classic even though it's something they thought of. I'm not sure how they do it without breaking the timeline again, and considering how much flack they got when they did it the last time, I don't see a good way for them to do it this time.

Otherwise, what's the foe we would encounter greater then Onyxia, Nefarian, and the Lich King's rise of the Scourge & #1 lieutenant Kel'Thuzad, but happens before the portal to Outland is reopened?

- - - Updated - - -

Because we suspect Classic Vanilla cannot sustain a large enough audience past the first couple years. Especially at the rate it's already being consumed.
    I meant why split it now not in the future, I thought, I didn't need to spell that out. Like release tbc during downtime or after naxx.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-09-24 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    But then what happens when everyone has exhausted Sunwell Plateau in BC? Everyone moves on to Wotlk, and then Cata, and then MoP... It defeats the purpose of having a Classic version if it's still only available for a year or so until it progresses onward. Character copies into the expansions would be the way to go.

Classic+ is still very much the better notion, as there'd surely be no drastic overhaul that invalidates the content. There'd just be new instances and potentially better gear. Groups could even limit what gear you could use in say AQ40 if they don't want the run tainted by + exclusive gear.

Classic exists as a time capsule, so everyone can channel as much or as little nostalgia as they desire. People can argue against the +, but overriding it with BC invalidates the whole concept.
    No you go to Wraith then new stuff and forget Cata ever happened.

I meant why split it now not in the future, I thought, I didn't need to spell that out. Like release tbc during downtime or after naxx.
    I'm with you there. Classic Vanilla should be given at least 2 years before Classic TBC is released. Probably could go further. And depending on when they started (if they have yet) TBC, maybe 2 years is being a little too optimistic.

TBC should be interesting to see though as far as what decision are made regarding what snapshop in time to use for it's base code. Is the community skilled and/or sophisticated enough to not have feeder guilds stuck in Kara the entire time without vendor epics?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    But then what happens when everyone has exhausted Sunwell Plateau in BC? Everyone moves on to Wotlk, and then Cata, and then MoP... It defeats the purpose of having a Classic version if it's still only available for a year or so until it progresses onward. Character copies into the expansions would be the way to go.

Classic+ is still very much the better notion, as there'd surely be no drastic overhaul that invalidates the content. There'd just be new instances and potentially better gear. Groups could even limit what gear you could use in say AQ40 if they don't want the run tainted by + exclusive gear.

Classic exists as a time capsule, so everyone can channel as much or as little nostalgia as they desire. People can argue against the +, but overriding it with BC invalidates the whole concept.
    You keep the Classic servers isolated and running as long as people are logging into them. TBC servers would either have character transfers, or you level from scratch.

~ Daryl Davis

I'm with you there. Classic Vanilla should be given at least 2 years before Classic TBC is released. Probably could go further. And depending on when they started (if they have yet) TBC, maybe 2 years is being a little too optimistic.

TBC should be interesting to see though as far as what decision are made regarding what snapshop in time to use for it's base code. Is the community skilled and/or sophisticated enough to not have feeder guilds stuck in Kara the entire time without vendor epics?

- - - Updated - - -

You keep the Classic servers isolated and running as long as people are logging into them. TBC servers would either have character transfers, or you level from scratch.
    Based on classic launch people we'll have an easier time than actual tbc. We are a lot better at high-end content but leveling has babied people for sure. Older raids won't hold up outside of sunwell and naxx in my opinion. On paper aq 40 looks like aids but everyone on private servers calls it a joke.

I think I would like to see classic+ to get a feel of how things might have been regarding the retail route...and how different.
    See what would happen had say...talent trees had expanded like "Rifts."
    And perhaps better, to see how the storyline could have improved...(or worsen?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, BC being on its own server would work. The OP wanted the Classic servers to become TBC servers though.

Based on classic launch people we'll have an easier time than actual tbc. We are a lot better at high-end content but leveling has babied people for sure. Older raids won't hold up outside of sunwell and naxx in my opinion. On paper aq 40 looks like aids but everyone on private servers calls it a joke.
    I would say you are just hearing about the very good players. There's still a lot of very not good players that are still leveling. In Classic 40-mans you can bring bads to raid and absorb their deficiencies. You can't do that in TBC. If you bring a couple friends & family who are subpar players you will struggle in Kara until you over-gear it, and you still can't have very many bads in the 25 mans to progress.

~ Daryl Davis

They will 100% release TBC eventually, but it's many many years away.