Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    That's not true at all, for starters classic raids are 40 man, whilst TBC was 25/10 across the board.
    Dafuq do starter raids have to do with additional content past naxx? At that point you already had 20 man raida.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

No one is going to want to level 1-60+70 all over again. The grind is unbelievably boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Okay so I need some help here. Couple of threads now talking about how Blizzard will be stupid to release BC as an xpac on top of Classic.

I dont understand whats so stupid about it. People want the "Classic experience", sure. But then what?

Like is everyone on the server just going to farm the same instances over and over, and be geared to the teeth, just to do what? Run around in your awesome gear and kill the same things that you pretty much have on farm and have no use for since you already own every piece?

I guess what im asking is, whats the end game? What am I not seeing?

We level up, we raid, we are full geared... Alts? Whats next?
    Play the new retail content maybe? TBC content is still in retail after all, you can still see all that.
    Classic most likely did not pull in enough to make it worth it and the hype will not be nearly as big for a TBC client.

Blizzard is a company after all and new expansions most likely generate more than these remakes do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Play the new retail content maybe? TBC content is still in retail after all, you can still see all that.
    Classic most likely did not pull in enough to make it worth it and the hype will not be nearly as big for a TBC client.

Blizzard is a company after all and new expansions most likely generate more than these remakes do.
    Assumptions make great arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Seasons

Mark my words, there will be seasons in Classic eventually. Get yourself a shiny title if you and your buddies roll a season character and down Naxxramas in 4 months time!

"But Blizzard said they're not going to do things like titles and special rewards and such in Classic!"

Blizzard also said they wouldn't do Classic servers as well, and yet - here we are. ;P

I mean, why couldn’t they do it like every other game and their “Classic” version — where they just progress and eventually “reset” similar to seasons- moving the characters off to Antonia Bayle I mean a random live server

a BC server would be easy money for them so I assume that's what will eventually happen.. then probably wotlk
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

It could happen if classic remains EXTREMELY popular once most people reached level 60.. But to be honest.. I just don't see it.

Don't get me wrong I think the 1-60 classic WoW experience is one of the best experience every in gaming industry. So it's no suprise it's doing so well.. But once you hit end game, there is no way classic WoW can hold up against retail WoW or most MMO on the market. Because at that point you are just going to be keep raiding MC/Onyxia and do Strat/Scholo/UBRS/LBRS run everytime you log on.. It's literally just the same old grind you have in retail WoW except now you don't have daily and mythic dungeons in the mix.

Okay so I need some help here. Couple of threads now talking about how Blizzard will be stupid to release BC as an xpac on top of Classic.

I dont understand whats so stupid about it. People want the "Classic experience", sure. But then what?

Like is everyone on the server just going to farm the same instances over and over, and be geared to the teeth, just to do what? Run around in your awesome gear and kill the same things that you pretty much have on farm and have no use for since you already own every piece?

Imagine if blizz does nothing to add to classic and gets ended in a year. Blizz hasnt said what the future holds for classic, they didnt even give a if scenerio. Do you think blizz has other expacs ready to add to classic or cross that if/when it gets to that point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    No one is going to want to level 1-60+70 all over again. The grind is unbelievably boring.
    I can see thousands of players up saying f this, if thats what they decide to do. Whats the point in putting weeks of time into a toon where you can't use in the next expac, should they decide to classic-fy it. What's sad is thats what some players want to happen, put bc servers where you lvl from 1-70. Those ppl are on crack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    classic will be dead before BC would be released anyway

already had a 60% drop off in players

the players who are getting their epic mounts and finding out there is no challenge in raiding will now start playing less and less

ontop of that some big brain at blizzard is putting off adding battlegrounds to classic for months so there is nothing to do at end game
    Are there any streamers/wow'bers that are against classic i wonder?
    I heard NK has expressed her lack of interest in classic.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Hundreds of thousands of people have been playing private vanilla for over 10 years. Ask them what they did all that time.

Classic is barely a month old. Why is this even a thread?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Hundreds of thousands of people have been playing private vanilla for over 10 years. Ask them what they did all that time.

Good point.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd expect an expansion to Classic more than 20+ blades extra for TBC Classic.

The dilemma is as soon as we get too far from Classic/Vanilla, then people will start demanding it again, and we're stuck in a loop. So we should just keep Classic in an unchanging bubble forever, and not add more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post

Oh, that's easy. They jumped from one F R E S H to another, hoping to be the next Scarab Lord, first 60, Rank 14 guy. I don't think anyone would've played private server vanilla for 10 years on the same server. It's like in Diablo 3, look at how many people come back for every new season because they want to feel the rush of having the same chance than everyone, since everyone is just starting out again. The game would probably be dead if it weren't for seasons, just like Classic will die if they just let it run for 10 years.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not, because I loved TBC, imo it was the best stage of this game. So I much rather let it be

It will really be dependent and what the population of classic is in a year. If it is still healthy then you may see another release. If it is tanks in a year and servers are only mediocre and population is struggling then it is not worth the money.

I'd be more interested in a Classic+ route to go, similar to what OSRS did. New content and raids in the style and mindset of Classic WoW
    Right, but that means new development. Required class design and class balancing and so on.
    I love classic/vanilla, but in all honesty it’s a shit game from a development pov. At best you only have slightly more than a third of the specs viable/well designed and some class/specs are broken OP. Gear is poorly designed for anyone except the specs that can be called viable, som classes and soecs hardly scale with gear partially because of poor design in gear- partially because of poor design in class.

What made vanilla great and makes classic great now, 15 years later, is that there’s clear progression paths. Realm community drives the game, you’re part of a world and YOU make a difference.
    ...but to repeat myself, vanilla was badly designed.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Otherwise, what's the foe we would encounter greater then Onyxia, Nefarian, and the Lich King's rise of the Scourge & #1 lieutenant Kel'Thuzad, but happens before the portal to Outland is reopened?
    As said before: we could have a different timeline. Not idiotic different timeline that we had in WoD when we travel back in the past through a stupid time-change of the dark portal aka it's magic, no, simply a timeline where the Portal does not open, instead different things happen.

Also we don't need always the "big threats" we had in the upcoming expansions, Vanilla didn't had the "big baddie" too, so why should we need it here. South sea expansion was always something people wanted to see, but i doubt we will see something like this on retail where we are the big bad champion. In an classic+-timeline we could avoid this, instead we will still be the adventurer, so let us adventure something. Or open the dark portal to a complete different location, not draenor. Or maybe a continent behind the forbidding Sea where we could have tons of new content.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-09-24 at 12:31 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more interested in a Classic+ route to go, similar to what OSRS did. New content and raids in the style and mindset of Classic WoW
    I still think this could be cool. Classic had a lot of stuff planned that never made it. Grim Batol raid and Azshara Crater BG are big ones for me. I wouldn't mind to see a patch where some of that stuff finally makes it to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Assumptions make great arguments.
    Feel free to back up or shoot that down with numbers if you have them.

You split your customer base. The more diluted an MMO gets, the less viable it becomes.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    We'll have BC realms with the option to import your characters - simple.
    I think there's an even more elegant solution that would emulate the expansion release experience - server duplication. For example, on TBC launch day you'd get:
    Server
    Faerlina - Classic
    Faerlina - TBC Classic

TBC Classic is a 100% copy of the prior server with characters, gold, etc. - a snapshot of the server the day of launch, but then would divert out from there. The two remain completely separate from that point on.

Why do it that way? Simply because that's how the launch of TBC was. You weren't copying over characters or transferring to new servers trying to get your name, hoping that your guild master also transferred so the guild was intact, your AH items still existed, and other weird interactions of a character copy... you just logged in and everything was exactly the same except you were playing TBC now.