Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    And you base these pronouncements on?
    I mean, I just said it in what you quoted, but to clarify Everquest has classic servers too, they call them progression servers. I predict WoW classic servers going down a very similar update path as those servers.

Same exact thing happened in Everquest, the raids were WAY too easy because of a mixture of player knowledge and changes to the game over time. They responded by buffing the raid bosses. It was a success.

Also, its only a matter of time until we get some simple QoL changes, because people will want them. Instant mail to your alts/guild is a surefire change for example.

People really seem to hate reading this for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I mean, I just said it in what you quoted, but to clarify Everquest has classic servers too, they call them progression servers. I predict WoW classic servers going down a very similar update path as those servers.

Same exact thing happened in Everquest, the raids were WAY too easy because of a mixture of player knowledge and changes to the game over time. They responded by buffing the raid bosses. It was a success.

Also, its only a matter of time until we get some simple QoL changes, because people will want them. Instant mail to your alts/guild is a surefire change for example.

People really seem to hate reading this for some reason.
    So we are to believe that the 'museum' is no longer going to be one, but instead become another theme park... Sorry, not even close to buying it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

No one disagrees pre 1.12 MC, BWL and AQ40 were the pinnacle of WoW raiding in terms of difficulty, but after 1.12.0 they were nerfed to oblivion and you can now pug MC + Ony

pre 1.12 difficulty:
    #1 Ouro - 87 days from the Twin Emperors' death. (1 day from C'thun's death) 26th April 2006.
    #2 C'thun - 86 days from the Twin Emperors' death. 25th April 2006.
    #3 Yogg-Saron, Alone in the Darkness - 83 days from General Vezax's death. (39 days from STARS' previous Ulduar kill) 7th July 2009
    #4 Nefarian* - 75 days from Chromaggus' death. 26th September 2005. (15 minute respawn between attempts)
    #5 Ragnaros* - 74 days from Majordomo Executus' death (Limited Attempts). 25th April 2005.

So we are to believe that the 'museum' is no longer going to be one, but instead become another theme park... Sorry, not even close to buying it.
    It already happened. Believe what you will.

I distinctly remember the Everquest purists saying similar things during the earlier servers. It passes. Comparing everquest forum posts from the early progression servers to today is a complete and total 180, its hilarious.

If this is your perfect version of vanilla wow, savor it while you can.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2019-09-24 at 06:32 PM.

It already happened. Believe what you will.

I distinctly remember the Everquest purists saying similar things during the earlier servers. It passes. Comparing everquest forum posts from the early progression servers to today is a complete and total 180, its hilarious.

If this is your perfect version of vanilla wow, savor it while you can.
    And I distinctly remember Blizzard saying Classic was a museum... Or is it your testimony that they, in fact, did NOT say that. I see that you've made a false assumption. So I'll correct it for you. Those that wanted 'vanilla' or 'classic' should have had to build a time machine to go back and play it. I still dont agree with Blizzard even doing this. I remember mocking the shit out of Warcraft players and their 'easy button' game.

So lets recap, my 'perfect version' would be one that didn't even exist today.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

And I distinctly remember Blizzard saying Classic was a museum... Or is it your testimony that they, in fact, did NOT say that. I see that you've made a false assumption. So I'll correct it for you. Those that wanted 'vanilla' or 'classic' should have had to build a time machine to go back and play it. I still dont agree with Blizzard even doing this. I remember mocking the shit out of Warcraft players and their 'easy button' game.

So lets recap, my 'perfect version' would be one that didn't even exist today.
    We're talking around each other.

Blizzard is a business. Businesses make more money when they put out what a customer wants. What they said is irrelevant. Do you think acti-bliz cares more about sticking to their word, or making money? Ya.

You don't agree with blizzard doing what, classic? Why?

We're talking around each other.

Blizzard is a business. Businesses make more money when they put out what a customer wants. What they said is irrelevant. Do you think acti-bliz cares more about sticking to their word, or making money? Ya.

You don't agree with blizzard doing what, classic? Why?
    Not going to re-litigate it... they've done it... and that is that.

I'm fine with classic realms being added with higher tuning once naxx is downed.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    No one disagrees pre 1.12 MC, BWL and AQ40 were the pinnacle of WoW raiding in terms of difficulty, but after 1.12.0 they were nerfed to oblivion and you can now pug MC + Ony
    Anyone with an IQ over 85 disagrees with that statement.

You could play in white and grey items.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.