Abilities hunter (and pets) should have

Beast Mastery

Focus!
    Your pet gains X% Movement Speed.
    Targeting 'follow' will give the pet Y% movement speed until it reaches the Hunter.
    Aspect of the Hawk
    The Hunter takes on the aspects of a hawk, increasing ranged attack power by X%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.
    Spirit Bond
    You and your pet's Focus spending abilities deal X% increased damage.
    While your pet is active, you both regenerate Y% of maximum health every Z sec.
    Pets

Bear

Charge
    Charge to an enemy, immobilizing them for X sec.
    Bash
    Stun the target for X seconds.
    Swipe
    Swipe X nearby enemies, inflicting Y damage.
    Demoralizing Roar
    The bear roars, reducing the damage caused by all enemies within X yards by Y% for Z sec.
    Hungry Bear
    The pet's auto attacks heal it for X% of its maximum Health.
    Boar

Charge
    Charge to an enemy, immobilizing them for X sec.
    Gore
    Your boar gores the enemy, causing it to bleed for X sec.
    Frenzy
    The Boar has a X% chance to gain Y% increased attack speed after attacking with a auto attack, lasting for Z sec and stacking up to A times.
    Intervene
    Your boar charges to you, then taunts all enemies within X yards for Y seconds.
    Bird of Prey

Swoop
    The Bird of Prey swoops at an enemy, immobilizing them for X sec.
    Snatch
    The bird of prey grabs the enemy's weapon with its talons, disarming them for X sec.
    True Sight
    Reveal nearby stealthed\invisible targets.
    Invisibility
    Activate to make the Bird of Prey invisible while out of combat.
    Wolf

Furious Howl
    Your wolf howls, granting you and your allies within X yards Y% increased damage for Z seconds.
    Critical Strikes
    The Wolf has X% more Critical Strike Chance.
    Infected Wounds
    The Wolf's bites infect the target with rabies, causing them to take increased damage and a Disease DoT for the duration.
    Feathermane (Wyvern)

Envenom
    Stings an enemy, inflicting Nature damage every X sec for Y sec.
    Wing Buffet
    The Wyvern flaps its wings with incredible force, knocking back enemies.
    Majestic Roar
    The Wyvern lets loose a mighty roar, incapacitating nearby enemies for X sec.
    Marksmanship

Grenadier
    Increase the damage of grenades by X%.

Increase the explosion size of grenades by Y%.

Upon death, you drop a giant grenade that explodes for Z% Fire damage
    Concussion Trap
    You can activate Hi-Explosive Trap by pressing on the ability again, instead of having to wait for an enemy to approach it. Furthermore, Hi-Explosive Trap can be used to knock the Hunter away without taking any damage.
    Parting Gift
    Whenever you use a movement ability, leave a bomb behind that explodes for X% Fire damage in a Y yard radius after Z seconds.
    Wildfire Bomb
    Hurl a bomb at the target, exploding for (X% of Attack power) Fire damage in a cone and coating enemies in wildfire, scorching them for (Y% of Attack power) Fire damage over Z sec.
    Cluster Bombs
    Throw cluster bombs instead that deal X% Fire damage over a Y yard radius.
    Bomb Cache
    Throw out X bombs instead that explode for Y% Fire damage each.
    Steel Trap
    Hurls a Steel Trap to the target location that snaps shut on the first enemy that approaches, immobilizing them for X sec and causing them to bleed for (Y% of Attack power) damage over Z sec.

Damage other than Steel Trap may break the immobilization effect. Trap will exist for A min. Limit B.
    Iron Star
    Launch an Iron Star forward. The impact of the Iron Star causes it to explode, inflicting X Fire damage to nearby enemies. The damage inflicted decreases the farther away an enemy is from the explosion.
    Arsenal
    When you use Iron Star, launch X rockets at nearby enemies that each deal X% Fire damage.
    Sticky Bomb
    Hurls a concussive grenade at your target which sticks to them and explodes after X sec, knocking back all nearby enemies.
    Rocket Storm
    In addition to the Sticky Bomb, shoot off homing rockets for X% Fire damage.
    Demolition
    Instead of a Sticky Bomb, throw out bouncy grenades that explode for X% Fire damage to enemies within Y yards.
    Burst Fire
    Greatly increase ranged haste, but reduce damage done by X%.
    Fire Support
    While Burst Fire is up, launch X homing rockets every second. Each rocket deals Y% Fire damage to nearby enemies.
    Bombardment
    While Burst Fire is up, rapidly fire grenades that explode for X% Fire damage to all enemies within a Y yards.
    Kaboom!
    Explode, dealing a massive amount of damage to all nearby enemies, but killing you in the process.
    Damage cannot be avoided.

Does not activate Grenadier.
    Caltrops
    Scatters Caltrops in an area for X sec. Enemies who step on Caltrops will take (Y% of attack power) Bleed damage every Z sec, and have A% reduced movement speed for B sec.
    Torturous Ground
    All enemies who step on the Caltrops are immobilized for X seconds.
    Bola Shot
    Fires a bola shot at the target which wraps around them. After X sec it explodes dealing Y Fire damage to them, and an additional Z Fire damage to all enemies within A yards.
    Imminent Doom
    Augment the bola to deal X% Fire damage to the enemy and Y% Fire damage to all other enemies within Z yards, but increases the explosion delay to A seconds.
    Spike Trap
    Place a spike trap that shoots metal spikes upwards when an enemy approaches, causing (X% of Attack power) Physical damage. Trap will exist for Y min.
    Impaling Spines
    When Spike Trap is deployed, enemies within range are instantly immobilized for X seconds.
    Scatter
    Simultaneously lay X Spike Traps.
    Sentry Turret
    Summons a Sentry Turret for X sec that shoots at nearby enemies, dealing Fire damage.
    Spitfire Turret
    Sentry Turret will also fire homing rockets at random nearby enemies for X% Fire damage.
    Shooting Stars
    Explosive Shot also releases up to X rockets at nearby enemies that each deal X% Fire damage.
    Cluster Grenades
    Explosive Shot launches a cluster through the air, dropping grenades in a straight line that each explode for X% Fire damage.
    Immolation Shot
    Explosive Shot immolates the ground for X% Fire damage over Y seconds to enemies within Z yards.
    Homing Rockets
    Shoot X rockets at nearby enemies for Y% Fire damage each on auto attacks, for the duration.
    Personal Mortar
    Instead of Homing Rockets, launch X Grenades at random enemies outside melee range on auto attacks that explode for Y% Fire damage each.
    Custom Engineering
    Increase the duration of your Caltrops, Spike Trap, and Sentry by X%.

Increase the maximum number and charges of Sentries to Y and number of Spike Traps to Z.
    Ballistics
    Increase damage of rockets by X%.

In addition, you have a Y% chance to fire a homing rocket for Z% Fire damage when you attack.
    Survival

Wild Frenzy
    attack X% faster for every Y% of maximum Health missing.
    Grievous Throw
    throw an axe forward, dealing X damage to the first Y enemies hit and marking them for Z seconds. Marked enemies take A% bonus damage from your next B auto attacks against them.
    Guillotine
    launch a massive axe into the air that drops on the targeted area, dealing X damage plus bonus damage the lower your health is.
    Tribal Rage
    Activate to to instantly lose X% of your current Health and heal for that amount over Y seconds.
    Rashness
    Increases all damage dealt and received by X% for Y sec.
    Headhunter
    You throw a spear instead of an axe when you use Grievous Throw or Guillotine.
    Ferocious
    Enrages the caster, increasing haste by X% for Y sec.
    Lacerate
    Tears a bleeding wound in the target, dealing (X% of attack power) Physical damage over Y sec.
    Buzzsaw
    Spear a target on your weapon, rooting it for X sec and inflicting Y Physical damage every Z sec for A sec and applies Lacerate.
    Last edited by username993720; 2023-12-09 at 09:25 AM.

Marksmanship should have Kill Shot returned to their arsenal, The fantasy of letting loose that final arrow as your prey runs away because they are low on life, only to be crit from behind and fall over dead. Plus with how Blizzard updated all the hunter shot animations im sure they could make it looks badass as it flies towards your target.

I think pets do need more abilities, but I think it should be refined to just bm. Bm pets should feel significantly stronger than the other specs and having extra utility would be the way to go.

For aspect of the hawk to return, aspects would have to revert back to the old style. Personally I think that would be a good thing, but I do not think blizzard will do it. They would also need to change the other aspects to be just as useful as a straight dmg increase, which is certainly doable. Bm could have an aspect that benefits from stacks of frenzy, or help build frenzy. Mm could have aspect of the fox, making them mobile during high movement phases. Sv could stay pretty much the same, giving them range over damage. All would have aspect of the hawk, and aspect of the pack, however remove the movement penalty for taking dmg. This would give us a lot more use in m+, where we could sacrifice some dmg to benefit the whole group.

I don't really care for the melee version of sv, so I won't comment on it.

The additions you have for mm I really don't like. Mm hunters are snipers, not bombers. Add back kill shot and a non-rng version of marked shot(with a CD). Ex.- marked shot- 15 second cd- 40 focus- high dmg instant shot dealing physical dmg, and marks the target. Marks stack up to 3 times. Each stack adds 5 % dmg against the target and casting arcane shot against marked targets has a x% chance of adding another mark. Casting marked shot in a target with 3 stacks resets the stacks and makes your next aimed shot instant cast and cost no focus and trigger no CD and causes 20% more dmg.

They already ruined sv( for me), if they turn mm into a bomber class I'm unsubbing.

Kill shot 100000%
    Im not playing with MM because it doesnt have kill shot, the whole spec feel "meh"

I'll resub when Killshot is back.

Quote Originally Posted by NutellaCrepes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingling View Post
    Kill shot 100000%
    Im not playing with MM because it doesnt have kill shot, the whole spec feel "meh"
    The 50 yard range execute that you could use twice in a row with zero way to stop it?

There's a reason it's no longer in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    The 50 yard range execute that you could use twice in a row with zero way to stop it?

It's removal had nothing to do with it's power. They removed it because they wanted Warrior to be the class that executes. So they removed (mostly) everyone else's execute(hunters, spriests, paladins, rogues).

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...or_warriors%2F

Edit: But yeah, I'd love to see the following return:
    -Kill Shot for MM
    -MoP Stampede for BM
    -MoP SV mechanics, built in to talents/MM/SV(old LnL through Black Arrow ticks, Serpent Sting proccing BA, Serpent Sting on Multishot, etc).
    Last edited by Renley; 2019-10-16 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post

I thought LOS was a thing people still used. That's what they used when Killshot was in the game at least.

Lol try it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Survival

Ferocity [not available to players]: Increase haste by 35% for 20 sec.
    So you want to give hunters (specifically survival hunters) their own personal bloodlust/heroism/time warp that actually increases their haste MORE than those other spells do but for half the time AND they won't get sated which would prevent them from getting lust/hero/TW again. Yeah that wouldn't be broken or anything...

Lmao it really does look like you want to turn Survival into a discount Fury warrior.

You know Survival is meant to be a HUNTER spec, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    It's removal had nothing to do with it's power. They removed it because they wanted Warrior to be the class that executes. So they removed (mostly) everyone else's execute(hunters, spriests, paladins, rogues).

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...or_warriors%2F
    That's why Pally/Priest still have an execute and they just didn't re-add it to Hunter then? I know why they said they took it away. I was saying why they should keep it away.

I thought LOS was a thing people still used. That's what they used when Killshot was in the game at least.

Lol try it out.

It's not like CB/GP, you can LoS those quite easily due to a cast time - a Hunter can actually chase you and cast it whilst moving.

I'll Resub when Kill shot is available to every hunter specs plus Survival spec as ranged dots.... Survival melee isn't that fun plus it's clunky and nowhere near better sustain/burst damage compare to rogue/dh/warrior. Idc about wlogs.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Lmao it really does look like you want to turn Survival into a discount Fury warrior.

You know Survival is meant to be a HUNTER spec, right?
    OP made survival a fury warrior and MM a bomber lmao.

What I would like:

MoP SV
    Kill Shot
    Readiness
    Tranq shot
    MoP stampede

I'd actually like to see Legion Survival back - much prefer it to the hodgepodge of a spec we have now!

I love MM as it is, so would happily keep that. For BM I'd just like to see the pet AI be better, especially every time I dismount after flying my second pet takes *forever* to make an appearance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    OP made survival a fury warrior and MM a bomber lmao.

What I would like:

MoP SV
    Kill Shot
    Readiness
    Tranq shot
    MoP stampede
    Yesplease.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.