Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Those data mined warfronts, are they still a thing ?

I remember during the initial launch of BFA there were 4 warfronts related texts ingame that were datamined including: barrens warfront and silvermoon.
    Is it still a thing ? what do you guys think.

source:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=287123/...ons-discovered

Recent patch 8.2.5 stuff seem to indicate a barrens related scenario, maybe a warfront is coming too.
    I would love for a silvermoon warfront coming with an alliance attack on it instead of aiding the horde rebellion , that would be a real twist instead of sylvannas attacking stormwind.
    Last edited by Jalham; 2019-09-15 at 11:52 PM.

It doesn't appear so. Though there is extensive encryption that means anything could be at play, those were just test strings with no map files ever attached to them. There was a map of Mulgore that made it only as far as "being imported" but never saw any iteration, it was in such a default state that most of the map was underwater because it was zeroed. In retrospect, that map may have been an export for the cinematics team to use.

No, it seems there may be an Orgrimmar scenario that will look like a Warfront. It may well BE a Warfront. But I think Warfronts were quietly scrapped along with much of this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    I remember during the initial launch of BFA there were 4 warfronts related texts ingame that were datamined including: barrens warfront and silvermoon.
    Is it still a thing ? what do you guys think.

source:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=287123/...ons-discovered

Recent patch 8.2.5 stuff seem to indicate a barrens related scenario, maybe a warfront is coming too.
    I would love for a silvermoon warfront coming with an alliance attack on it instead of aiding the horde rebellion , that would be a real twist instead of sylvannas attacking stormwind.
    A silvermoon warfront would mean they would have to revamp the entire zone.. which makes it extremely unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    It doesn't appear so. Though there is extensive encryption that means anything could be at play, those were just test strings with no map files ever attached to them. There was a map of Mulgore that made it only as far as "being imported" but never saw any iteration, it was in such a default state that most of the map was underwater because it was zeroed. In retrospect, that map may have been an export for the cinematics team to use.

No, it seems there may be an Orgrimmar scenario that will look like a Warfront. It may well BE a Warfront. But I think Warfronts were quietly scrapped along with much of this expansion.
    Warfronts, probably scrapped, but we've already had 3 raid tiers AND 3 PvP seasons so far - Likely going to have a 4th season, which would then be average for an expansion (The only Expansion that had more then 4 arena seasons was Legion with it's whopping 7 season). IEs are interesting, but way too mandatory to be seen as anything more then a nuisance - I hope that we have something similar to IEs in the future, just WITHOUT having to grind them for whatever power increase.

Warmode, mileage has varied - I was frustrated with it on the older realm, but then moved to RP realms and have had an absolute blast in Warmode so far.

Overall, I feel that this expansion has had excellent mileage - Even if 8.2.5 was the last patch for the expansion, in terms of content to do, I would rate BfA quite decently - Good raids, good dungeons, solid casual PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

That's the thing with datamined stuff. It deosn't always go to the finished product. Sometimes there are just some leftovers from early stages of development. For example Barrens warfront was confirmed to be just a place to test the warfront systems. It was never meant to be an actual warfront.

Basicly whenever you see something datamined take it with a grain of salt if it wasn't confirmed or announced. Chances are it won't make to the final product.

I would like another warfronts becasue I love their sets. But it should something more akin to Arathi warfront, starting in a castle and storming enemy castle. With some randomness, rotation commanders to spice things up. Darkshore warfront gets boring much quicker because there's nothing different each cycle, even dialogs are the same always. I would love Gilneas warfront. And Silvermoon warfront could be an excuse to fix Silvermoon for flying and enable flying in Azuremyste Isle, Bloodmyst Isle, Eversong Woods and Ghostlands.

Let's just hope that Blizzard dropped these warfronts. Those together with IEs are the worst addition to WoW that I can think of.

It's interesting the first time, and I was curious what might happen with the Silvermoon one. But that's where it ends, atleast for me.

The conclusion of the War Campaign in 8.2.5 makes a Silvermoon warfront close to impossible, especially since Lor'themar has already turned against Sylvanas and is best buds with the Alliance. Plus, revamping that zone is a can of worms that Blizzard most likely never, ever wants to open.

A Barrens/Durotar one might still be possible, as a Horde/Alliance vs Sylvanas's forces affair.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The conclusion of the War Campaign in 8.2.5 makes a Silvermoon warfront close to impossible, especially since Lor'themar has already turned against Sylvanas and is best buds with the Alliance. Plus, revamping that zone is a can of worms that Blizzard most likely never, ever wants to open.

A Barrens/Durotar one might still be possible, as a Horde/Alliance vs Sylvanas's forces affair.
    I've never understood why is Blizzard so reluctant to update the Draenei/BE starting zones. After all, they are two of the most popular races ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I've never understood why is Blizzard so reluctant to update the Draenei/BE starting zones. After all, they are two of the most popular races ever.
    It's a lot to update for what's basically just a 30 minute trip to level through anymore. Not that many people go back, unless it's RP servers, and even then, it's usually just Silvermoon..which in itself is a clusterfuck of a mess just looking down at it from above.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

15+ Year Old Account
    They are part of the Outland map, which means they would need to rebuild the EK and Kalimdor maps with them added, which would involve redoing all the object placement, NPC pathing, scripts, etc.

They would also need to rebuild Silvermoon City and Zul'Aman as outdoor areas that players can fly over, which is difficult since they used a lot of perspective tricks. Most of the stuff you see from the ground in Silvermoon isn't attached to anything, behind the walls is just dirt and floating towers.

The draenei zones would likely be easier since they're islands and Exodar doesn't have much of an exterior, but still a lot of work.

They did some testing in Cataclysm and decided it wasn't worth the amount of work required.

They're a relic of the BC era and not even integrated in the base Kalimdor/EK continents. Fixing them up is probably more trouble than they think it's worth given that most players just level there then never bother visiting again unless a quest demands it.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    But I think Warfronts were quietly scrapped along with much of this expansion.
    Yup, this is definitely what happened. According to Blizzcon 2017 dev interviews about the newly announced BFA, there were going to eventually be several of them. I don't know either if they had to change the story at all or not, or if those other warfronts were outside the main storyline. Then again, the Darkshore one ended up being its own thing really, Tyrande and not on behalf of the Alliance. As was the Arathi one.

They probably didn't want to devote the resources since the content became obsolete fairly quickly and just for cosmetics, and they weren't well-received, and narratively they would have seemed random and maybe at odds with this temporary truce thing after Eternal Palace. Several angles you could take as for the reason it was scrapped.

8.1.5 desperately needed a Warfront, was really content barren otherwise.

In one of the recent interview (forgot which one, but they're interviewing Ion), he said its the remnant of the old dummy text when they're playing around with the idea of possible Warfront zone.

Anyway 8.2.5 is the conclusion of the war campaign, the chance that they'll make another Warfront is pretty slim imo.

at one point they might have been a thing. but probably scrapped

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    Anyway 8.2.5 is the conclusion of the war campaign, the chance that they'll make another Warfront is pretty slim imo.
    Unless they make a warfront where the horde/alliance fight against old god forces. Warfront doesn't have to be horde vs alliance i guess. Not that i think this will happen tho

Well they scrap a lot ideas. And sometimes bring them back later or just let them stay scrapped forever. And datamine catches those ideas before being scrapped and people think they will get to live but they don't. So i think those warfronts are already scrapped as people don't appreciate that much warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    A silvermoon warfront would mean they would have to revamp the entire zone.. which makes it extremely unlikely.
    if anything that makes it more likely. They also revamped Arathi and Darkshore. If there is any zone that is worthy of a revamp, it is the Blood Elf zone. At the very least it would give them a justification to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    To be honest, it looks that WoW head interpreted that string result on their own and players accept it as a thing.
    Or that, maybe it wasn't really warfronts but got interpreted as warfronts. Datamining can be really subjective to changes and placeholders as well that you will never see it on live.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    They said they would rather remake one zone at a time, when it makes sense (arathi, darkshore) instead of a huge world revamp

so revamping Silvermoon (and ghostlands with it?) isn't nearly as unlikely as you think.

Good things about Warfronts:

Every few weeks you can pay 100g or 100 resources for 500 AP.

Yeah, that's about it. At least islands give pets, mounts and weekly AP. Rather do a hundred islands than sit though another bugged heroic WF.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard often scrap things, maybe the idea was to do all of those but it was scraped, maybe they will reuse or not

Recently it was datamined Durotar warfront that could mean they instead of doing Barrens decided to do durotar, and silvermoon one was scrapped

we don't know 8.3 info yet, but its very unlikely to have something to do with Silvermoon with the recent events