View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with classic?

Voters
594. This poll is closed
  • Classic is awesome!

359 60.44%
  • Like but not enough changes

55 9.26%
  • Like but too many changes

31 5.22%
  • Disappointed but still playing

33 5.56%
  • Already playing other games

116 19.53%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    But 1.12.1 was not the prepatch.
    Naxx wasn't even cleared before 1.12 came out (4 horseman wasn't even killed).

People saying they played since vanilla, and still don't know how pre patches work

Is it common for people that cleared Naxx in vanilla to say that Naxx 1.11 was tough, but 1.12 made it easy? Would be a first for me.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-09-19 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    If you feel bad about beeing a LFR/Normal player, you should just stop reading forums.
    What? Your whole post was going in a positive direction. Then you end with "if you can't devout more time to the game well than fuck you."

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I and my guild did the full vanilla progression starting at day 1. When 1.12 came out, everyone was just playing ALTs gearing new chars for TBC, the things you do at the next expansion patch.

It was the shit patch nobody cared about, some people geared alts while others took a break till TBC. Nobody cared at 1.12 for the game since it was made for the wide mass of players. The exploits in pvp made it unbearable even if you did not raid.

Many TBC babys started at 1.12 or at the end of it and its pretty sad to know thats all they saw from vanilla. LFR-raids and 2 weeks to R14 cheat shit. It was not a good time in WoW and its funny as hell that Classic got this version of the game.

In the end the success of classic means just the blizzard was right since years, people want easy LFR mode.
    So basically you are saying your guild gave up on Naxx and started farming alts since patch 1.12 came out shorty after the WF kill of 4 Horsemen with only a handful of guilds killing them before 1.12.1. 1.12.1 released a couple weeks after WF KT kill with only a few guilds getting a kill before patch. TBC pre-patch came in December.
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patches/1.x
    https://www.method.gg/raid-history/vanilla

I do agree with you though, classic starting out at 1.12.1 really dulls the edges of the first half of the game.

It's tricky though to do anything but 1.12.1

Patches up until that point had things like bug fixes, significant talent tree reworks, etc.

Plus, you can't have a stable game at any other patch level. You couldn't have a patch 1.1 game mechanics-wise that adds Naxx.

I like the idea of classic as a pretty stable system that doesn't need to be patched mechanically, that will essentially be the same experience now as it will be in a year. I mean I'm aware of additional phases etc, but even after the last phase, the experience of running SFK at level 25 will be the same then as now. If you have it at a 1.12.1 state, then you have that stability.

If you actually progressed through patches you'd have a bunch of weird stuff, like talent tree resets as talents get changed around, old bugs that are reintroduced but then patched out later in a different phase. And for weird reasons, because Blizzard would end up having to reintroduce bugs for authenticity only with the expectation that they're going to remove them in the next phase.

I absolutely agree that it's a different experience starting at 1.12.1 versus what the game was at launch. But I don't see another legitimate option that doesn't render classic a silly gimmick rather than a timeless classic. The thing I like about classic is stability. You can't have a stable 1.2 WoW with Naxx, because that was never WoW. I'm OK with restricting content by phase, but the idea of changing mechanics by phase doesn't really make sense.

So yeah, it's unfortunate, but I think it's the best option in my view.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I was actually having more fun than I though. Not becuase of the game itself but just playing with friends.
    Most quit by now but it was fun to do a dungeon cleave rush though, fun while it lasted.

Playing out in the world is not fun what so ever though. The servers are just to full of people making it more or less impossible to get anything done. Sharding/layering is not doing its job well enough or at all. This was an issue in vanilla as well but not to the same extent.

- - - Updated - - -

They feel just as easy as they always did. Vanilla was super easy after all.
    I refuse to believe that. I was in a sub par group in Gnomer. I haven't ran Gnomer since Vanilla because I hated it so much, so I had just about zero idea where to go or what was around the corner. We usually pulled extra mobs and it didn't matter, we killed them all and no one died.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Sure, I mean, it's what I expected. Classic is Vanilla, no changes. It's not my cup of tea but I still play once a week. I go up like a level a week or so.
    Amen for rested exp.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Really enjoying it so far but it would be quite nice to get a better roadmap of what's to come with maybe some ETA. In my case, I would be gutted if we don't see the look of TBC at some point.

Do you guys think we will have more info on that at the Blizzcon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I left once my level 20 human mage arrived in Darkshore and took a look at the quests to find another “Kill 12 and 12 of these mobs. Then do it again with slightly different named mobs another two times” quest.

I got sick of it, I could stomach the grind if I thought it was worth it in the end, but Classic endgame just doesn’t interest me in the slightest. So leveling felt meaningless and tedious.

Over time I just drifted back towards retail before uninstalling classic completely. If I ever go back I’ll roll an Orc Rogue to see if that faction has it any better. I care for Orcs more than Humans, so maybe the fantasy will appeal to me more. Though I was never all that struck on vanilla races to begin with. I like Orcs, Humans and Night Elves, but they don’t resonate with me.

Some of my RL friends have come back for this, so that is good and a huge plus in my books. If they leave then I doubt I will keep playing it.

I hope it will be successful so that we can get a WotLK (or even a BC) server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancreatin View Post
    Disappointed, layering and undertuned dungeons are a big nono for me that completely ruined the feeling of vanilla for me. At this point private servers did a better job in replicating it even with all the corruption and drama.
    Exactly.

Classic for me was to relive an experience. 1.12 and nerfed everything ain't that.

Although corruption and drama was just as bad, couldn't play there either.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    I refuse to believe that. I was in a sub par group in Gnomer. I haven't ran Gnomer since Vanilla because I hated it so much, so I had just about zero idea where to go or what was around the corner. We usually pulled extra mobs and it didn't matter, we killed them all and no one died.
    Thats how it always worked. You do have to remember that you're playing on a patch with quite a few buffs to some areas but that was done back in vanilla.
    But hey, I told people on here that we used to AOE-cleave down dungeons back in vanilla with little to no hard CC and people didn't belive me. I said we did it in both alpha and beta of classic but there were still people that didn't belive it.
    And now we have people like you that when presented with the actual game you still don't belive it and make up some conspiracy theory about Blizzard nerfing the game.

It's silly and I'm still laughing just as I did some 12-13 years ago when BC came out and people were like: "Oh I remember back in vanilla when the game was hard" or in Wrath: "Lich king died so fast, MC took months to clear!".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Thats how it always worked. You do have to remember that you're playing on a patch with quite a few buffs to some areas but that was done back in vanilla.
    But hey, I told people on here that we used to AOE-cleave down dungeons back in vanilla with little to no hard CC and people didn't belive me. I said we did it in both alpha and beta of classic but there were still people that didn't belive it.
    And now we have people like you that when presented with the actual game you still don't belive it and make up some conspiracy theory about Blizzard nerfing the game.

It's silly and I'm still laughing just as I did some 12-13 years ago when BC came out and people were like: "Oh I remember back in vanilla when the game was hard" or in Wrath: "Lich king died so fast, MC took months to clear!".
    I was around in Vanilla. I guess the buffs/nerfs or whatever they are didn't affect me too much in the low levels and leveling because I was already there. I still very much enjoy it, just not AS hard leveling and doing low level dungeons as I remember towards the start of Vanilla. Not complaining.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

I give classic 10/10 so far, really enjoying it

Had fun til I hit the 30s brick wall and lost interest. Quests are garbage, so it's just grinding mobs or dungeons for hours and there are better games for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    Why is "too many changes" an option? What changes has blizzard made to classic, beyond the temporary addition of layering? Still, that wouldn't quantify as too many changes.
    1.12 patch at launch.

You prolly didnt even play vanilla...