View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with classic?

Voters
594. This poll is closed
  • Classic is awesome!

359 60.44%
  • Like but not enough changes

55 9.26%
  • Like but too many changes

31 5.22%
  • Disappointed but still playing

33 5.56%
  • Already playing other games

116 19.53%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm hooked hard on the game.
    Mostly satisfied, it's a joy to be back to the WoW I fell in love with. I have an excellent memory (which means I remembered with exacting precision about a lot of the Vanilla time) and also had played pserver two years ago, so I knew exactly what to expect and got exactly that.

There is only one aspect that I've found really annoying : Overcrowding.
    Time will tell if Blizzard was right to be so conservative in servers, but that's been the single most annoying aspect in the game. It's a pain to quest at peak hour and it really hampers on the immersion. We'll see in one or two weeks (after the first sub month for those who didn't reserve names ends) how well the population hold, but I see a real risk of them being unable to disable layers due to massive overpopulation.
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-09-17 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    For those of you that voted, "Already playing other games", why the heck are you here in the Classic WoW forums? Just to be trolls?
    For me other games is retail WoW. Couldn't find an option for that. Because personally I got bored of classic way earlier than I predicted. I love World of Warcraft so of course I am lurking here.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love classic. I hate the shitty UI, which should be improved to acceptable levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I and my guild did the full vanilla progression starting at day 1. When 1.12 came out, everyone was just playing ALTs gearing new chars for TBC, the things you do at the next expansion patch.
    Unless I'm reading the dates wrong, Naxx wasn't even fully cleared until after 1.12 came out so I'm not sure why your guild gave up with that patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I and my guild did the full vanilla progression starting at day 1. When 1.12 came out, everyone was just playing ALTs gearing new chars for TBC, the things you do at the next expansion patch.

It was the shit patch nobody cared about, some people geared alts while others took a break till TBC. Nobody cared at 1.12 for the game since it was made for the wide mass of players. The exploits in pvp made it unbearable even if you did not raid.

Many TBC babys started at 1.12 or at the end of it and its pretty sad to know thats all they saw from vanilla. LFR-raids and 2 weeks to R14 cheat shit. It was not a good time in WoW and its funny as hell that Classic got this version of the game.

In the end the success of classic means just the blizzard was right since years, people want easy LFR mode.
    No one wanted the talent trees pre 1.12, from what I could find they were all shit, they also wanted the most common patch people were using on P Servers so the transition would be smooth for the people who came over from them.

Say what you will but the game has NEVER been hard lol, we just all sucked back then and had no idea how any of the in-game mechanics really worked outside of the extremely elite.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The worst experience I've had in a while, leveling is just awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some stuff just feels different, even if it's just little details. While I am still in love I often realize that I do not play the original version of the game.
    The pathing of my pet is different, greens from strongboxes (from fishing) always seem be from your class specific loot table. Got two greens, both times "of the monkey", the one I got with level 40 was mail instead of leather. There is a lot of other stuff, but I don't want to go too much into detail.

no thanks, played vanilla over /played 300 days and do not understand what is for I need to create another alt to play it again, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    The worst experience I've had in a while, leveling is just awful.
    I came here to post the exact opposite: Levelling in Classic has completely revitalised my love for WoW and the MMORPG genre. I have logged in to retail ONCE since Classic release. I am currently level 55 and fear I will never be satisfied by Retail Warcraft again unless we see a WoW 2.0 heavily based upon the Classic version of Azeroth.

I have played WoW actively since 2006.

Very pleased with classic, had 3 60s during Vanilla and classic is the real deal, back to the good ol' days, downtime leads to socializing, shared suffering requires making friends, I've already made more friends on classic than I had in the past 4 expansions on retail. As much as layering is a nuisance it's also a requirement as there's simply too many people per server atm. Shame about the exploits, but you shouldn't really care about stuff that doesn't affect you.

Not satisfied or unsatisfied. I didn't think i'd enjoy it and after leveling a few chars with my wife and honestly giving it every chance, we've stopped playing it and haven't logged back on. It's a complete and utter chore to do anything and and has almost 0 redeeming qualities in 2019.

After playing it i'm even more baffled as to why people like it, honestly. Takes forever to accomplish anything, class design is terrible, and all combat in general is terrible, questing is awful and non shared spawns make that the case. If you happened to have friends who you didn't plan on playing with from the start, you can't play with them unless you slog through a new char or server. I mean, i could go on and on about how bad it is, but there's no real need. It's a game stuck in the past, and good luck to those who like it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senko View Post
    Very pleased with classic, had 3 60s during Vanilla and classic is the real deal, back to the good ol' days, downtime leads to socializing, shared suffering requires making friends, I've already made more friends on classic than I had in the past 4 expansions on retail. As much as layering is a nuisance it's also a requirement as there's simply too many people per server atm. Shame about the exploits, but you shouldn't really care about stuff that doesn't affect you.
    I was going to say pretty much this exactly. I have made more friends in a few weeks for classic and chatted with them on Discord, then I've made in years in live Wow.

Besides having to deal with people not realizing we are playing beginner content in the end patch (of course this content is easy) im having as good of a time as i thought i would. This is like my 2nd post on these forums since classic launched, so that should say it all lol (realms down for maintenance atm).

I'm having loads of fun but I really can't wait until layering is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dralora View Post
    I'm having loads of fun but I really can't wait until layering is gone.
    TBH it hasnt really affected me beyond making it easier to buy a recipe from a vendor in winterspring, i definitely did not like using layering to benefit me but im not gonna be a weirdo and not use it. But i agree overall, best if its not there altogether.

Most people playing Classic aren't coming to MMO-Champion anymore since its mainly focused on BFA content, so the poll results would be skewed towards negative. Also, if you're playing heavily you're not browsing webforums!

that said, its better than I could have anticipated:

- realms are huge, active populations, player base is more chill that I remember. people *want* to play the game and want to be helpful. nostalgia, maturity, game mechanics reinforcing social behaivor...it all adds up
    - aside from the DDoS, the stability of the realms has been top notch.
    - the graphics are vastly improved from original WoW, but the art design has been authentically maintained.

And finally...the population base seems to be *growing* almost a month into launch. Last night at prime time EST more than half of the realms were Full, another quarter were High, and even the newest transfer bait realms were Medium across the board for North America. (they were Low the week before). Our guild is at max player base, and this is after we've booted everyone's banker alts / below level 10... and we're on a High realm (not Full).

Rolled an nelf alt near midnight last night (waiting for mail to arrive for my main), and the start areas were still full and vibrant. Not crazy packed like the starting week, but more alive than anything I've seen in retail since Wrath days.

So yeah, ignore the haters -- Classic is here to stay, and its thriving. I've been playing daily for a month and still leveling my main character. At this point in BFA I was already onto my first alt and into the repetitive world quest/island/azeroth grind...and my alt was playing the exact say linear storyline content again.

I don't think I'll play retail ever again now.

Yeah, the game drew me right back in and is about 10,000 times more engaging than retail. My biggest gripes are the bugs. The raid exp bug and layering exp bug were abused a lot more than Blizzard cares to admit. I'd wager that almost every single player that is currently level 60 used one or both of those bugs at some point.
    The biggest disappointment to me is the nerfed Molten Core. It might have been easy, but it was never "kill bosses in 30 seconds wearing blue gear" easy. They fucked something up, and it's a big problem. I don't know if it's talents, resistances, HP, whatever, but If BWL is equally nerfed I may be done. The "mages AOE everything" is annoying, but it's relatively easy to avoid those groups. Just wait until 9PM on a school night and suddenly all the AOE groups seem to disappear from LFG. I wonder why that is...

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    The biggest disappointment to me is the nerfed Molten Core. It might have been easy, but it was never "kill bosses in 30 seconds wearing blue gear" easy. They fucked something up, and it's a big problem. I don't know if it's talents, resistances, HP, whatever, but If BWL is equally nerfed I may be done. The "mages AOE everything" is annoying, but it's relatively easy to avoid those groups. Just wait until 9PM on a school night and suddenly all the AOE groups seem to disappear from LFG. I wonder why that is...
    its a triple whammy:

- everyone knows how to play now, and they all have optimized rotations / boss alert addons / boss strategies mapped out
    - min/maxers know which specs are optimal and which aren't. in 2004 you were raiding with +str subtley geared rogues, ret paladins, and survival hunters. now its 8 mages, rogues, hunters with optimized shot rotations, and fury warriors
    - the game is based on 1.12 class specs and balance changes. some classes played really, really badly in patch 1.03-1.05.

Thankfully we don't have AV, Dire Maul, or late game crafting recipes otherwise it would be even easier.

All this said, I'd rather join a PUG molten core raid organized in /trade channel, than auto-queue for LFR nowadays. You can still wipe if you're careless, and the recruiting / social cohension of forming a 40 man raid group even for easy content creates friendships and lols.

Better than BFA and WoD, worse than other xpaks. That makes it a solid game, and a huge surprise in the middle of BFA! I'd say it is about Cata level for me. The social aspects are great, but they come at the cost of shared suffering through poor qol. It is a double edged sword, but I definitely see how strong bonds were formed during vanilla. The open world is better than it has ever been in WoW, and that is something very rare and special in WoW, imo. I give it a 9/10.

It also has the benefit of being WAY better than I thought it was going to be.