Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    where did THEY get the gold from?
    From farming mobs ? Do you even play classic ?

You can farm up enough gold for an epic mount just by mob farming which doesn't take that long. It's really not that hard to figure out.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

We’ve recently become aware of a bug that could be exploited to allow instanced encounters to be completed repeatedly. We have developed a fix for the issue, and we are in the process of deploying it worldwide.

Realm restarts are scheduled for 3:00 a.m. PDT (6:00 a.m. EDT) in order to apply this fix.

As soon as possible, we will identify those who knowingly abused this bug in exploitative manner. We will then take appropriate punitive measures.

As a reminder, Blizzard’s End User License Agreement defines cheats as “methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods.”

As always, thank you for your feedback on this matter.

Just interested in thoughts on this - Action being taken against accounts who "exploited" this "bug", however, to the best of my knowledge, no action was taken against the accounts that spammed 10man dungeons, despite blizzard using the exact same language (exploiting a bug).

Thoughts? What is the difference? Why take action in this scenario, but not the other? Could it have something to do with bassically every single "popular" streamer taking advantage of the 10man dungeon exploit?
    Calm down anon, you are reading into something that is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    From farming mobs ? Do you even play classic ?

You can farm up enough gold for an epic mount just by mob farming which doesn't take that long. It's really not that hard to figure out.
    So you are suggesting people are farming SO much gold, they can afford epic mounts, AND buying expensive boes?

So you are suggesting people are farming SO much gold, they can afford epic mounts, AND buying expensive boes?
    Absolutely. Depending what class you are, you can farm 30-50g per hour. Do that 4 hours a day and that's easily 100-200g+ per day. Some of the more hardcore classic guys could probably easily beat that.

If you actually put effort in, you can make enough gold to buy whatever you really want.

youtube.com/watch?v=AMQymNHZcUk

I know there are probably other mob farming methods that can even yield more gold per hour.
    Last edited by Poe; 2019-09-20 at 07:39 AM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

A lot of people choose to wait on epic mount and go boes instead, or other way around.
    But I've gotten my epic mount + a 500g crafted piece already, spent probably 5hrs total farming gold, rest farming dungeons for pre bis, dungeons gave a lot of gold. I haven't looted 1 boe worth over 30g. It's all raw gold + cloth + x4 mooncloth and 150g of devilsaur leather.

Its not doable longterm but If you didnt complete every 50+ zone getting to 60; then questing is also viable.
    3-6 gold per quest + you get vendor gold from the items (if its like 2 rewards with a wep it can get up to 20+gold just for one quest).
    -> If you are really determined or planning to do so anyway level an alt and do it again

Simply running high lvl dungeons is also a decent way, you prob want to run them for gearing up anyway.
    It can be pretty gd (just from thrash/vendor/de/consumes) even without accounting for possible epic boe drops/plans/patterns.
    Idk about best but scholo/strat has been pretty sic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    Are you guys really that mad that some people got to level 60 before you?

It's the classic experience.

If you ban Asmon and TimTheTatman you lose 90% of your twitch viewers sending WoW Classic down to the abyss of twitch never to be seen by anyone again. Those two literally carries the game.
    What? you're delusional. The only reason people watched that cancerous shit was because they were stuck in login queues with nothing else to be done. Who the fk whats to see AOE grinding mobs in raids? streamers = 0 respect

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    he's good for WoW...
    lolwut?

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    lolwut?

/10char

Asmon draws more eyes to WoW than any other one person on this planet.

More people watch his transmog competitions then Method World 1st runs,.

He would have more viewers than Method even if he was streaming on livejasmin.

His followers are almost exclusively 12 year olds. Is that really something to be proud of?

Yes, in my opinion they should ban people that exploited to level up. Whats even crazier is that this people claim they beat the world record from 2004 while using exploits.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    ahaha, over 30 people in my guild allready have their epic mount. A friend of me has 2 lvl 60s allready and both have epic mounts. Aoe farming easily gives you 70+ gold per hour. That's just 2 days of playing for the average wow nerd.
    I'll take "Ways to admit you and your guild are full of exploiting douchebags without realizing you're admitting it" for $400, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    There are ways to disguise all that gold. Most of the top exploiters have already moved the gold off their toons. Blizzard does not track every single transaction in the game. The ones that were actually smart have already sold the gold, seeing as 10k Classic gold is currently worth about $4,000 USD.
    As real and organic as the world feels to players, surely you know that in reality the game is a database that literally tracks every single transaction?

Quote Originally Posted by brewclaw View Post
    As real and organic as the world feels to players, surely you know that in reality the game is a database that literally tracks every single transaction?
    It does not track everything when multiple steps are used to disguise gold. There is a reason why gold sellers use certain methods to move gold around.

It does not track everything when multiple steps are used to disguise gold. There is a reason why gold sellers use certain methods to move gold around.
    It should still track those, seeing that they are just transactions. Question is though, does Blizzard want to go through all those obfuscating transactions just to find the gold. And i reckon that won't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    It should still track those, seeing that they are just transactions. Question is though, does Blizzard want to go through all those obfuscating transactions just to find the gold. And i reckon that won't be the case.
    Blizzard does not track all transactions. They don't even keep track of guild bank deposits/withdrawals.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    blizzard implements layering
    community tells blizzard layering has bugs and it's bad
    blizzard makes a post most layering exploits have been investigated and are exaggerated
    blizzard makes some layering fixes
    someone makes a video about layering exploit.
    blizzard gets all mad and starts banning

so basically they chose not to do anything, even with repeated bug reports that it was being exploited until they saw the video. How are people supposed to get bugs fixed without the risk of getting accounts banned since the only way it seems for blizzard to care is to post a video.
    Blizzard GMs are clearly poorly trained, inconsistent, and unprofessional. It should be their problem fixing exploit and bug situations. Not a customer’s job to figure out what Blizzard might not like.

This whole thing is absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    This is incorrect. Perma bans have been proven to be ineffective because people just make a new account and learn nothing. Banning someone for a period of time, however, makes them feel what it's like to go without the account they've grown attached to - which psychologically provides greater motivation to correct the problem behavior. I attended a very interesting talk about this at a developers conference with numbers from several very large developers showing the relative difference in behavior.

In the end you have to understand that people who act out in video games have very similar mentalities to children and treat them accordingly.

I agree. A lot of the comments here are regular proof of that’s premise.

Blizzard does not track all transactions. They don't even keep track of guild bank deposits/withdrawals.
    Can you provide a source for that? For example my guilds bank was once cleared out by a "hacker" on the GM account and blizzard reinstated every item and gold in there. Which basicly already proves they track this.

Which is quite logical, al those things are just database transactions in the backgroup, those always get logged. I don't know of any company that disables transaction logging on their databases. As those generally are your lifeline to restore a database in case of corruption or other forms of dataloss.

Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    Blizzard GMs are clearly poorly trained, inconsistent, and unprofessional. It should be their problem fixing exploit and bug situations. Not a customer’s job to figure out what Blizzard might not like.
    This is partially correct.

Jobs like GMs and moderators are entry level, minimum wage jobs at Blizzard. I talked to a guy who was one. He said you have very vague guidelines to follow, which are done on purpose so that if a rookie makes a mistake, they can "support" the mistake via the vagueness of the guidelines.

So basically, they're "trained" but can freely pick/choose to be consistent or not and if someone points out an example of where they're not consistent, Blizzard can defend it by quoting vague comments in the codes you agree to.

It's a complete shit system but that's what you get when you switch from having GMs and mods who had continued education to making it a job you can get without even having a high school diploma.