Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah right LOL

Last wave of bans they reverted just because people use bewb mods or whatever...when they fixed the small raid xp exploit the didn't even bat a eye. I doubt they will do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    They almost never roll back characters, they will locked accounts for 3 days to a few months. Look at the xp potion exploits in BfA the last spring. People were leveling from 110 to 120 in an hour doing that. It was clearly an exploit some were caught on streams advertising it as an exploit and all they did was lock accounts for a bit of time.
    There's a big difference between running a dungeon with 10 people and intentionally reforming a group at a specific time to farm bosses. Generally blizzard isn't going go after people unless they clearly did actions not naturally done in the game to gain an advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    They almost never roll back characters, they will locked accounts for 3 days to a few months. Look at the xp potion exploits in BfA the last spring. People were leveling from 110 to 120 in an hour doing that. It was clearly an exploit some were caught on streams advertising it as an exploit and all they did was lock accounts for a bit of time.
    "abit" upwards of 3 months and revert charecters.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    If you use an exploit, you risk the consequences. A temporary gain isn't worth your account.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It absolutely is true, as the player leveling as a Mage did not use the dungeon exploit and grinded mobs. JokerD not only didn’t use the dungeon bug, but he in fact beat players using it to max level. Therefore, the dungeon but did not give them a clear advantage as any and all players could have leveled just as fast, if not faster, without it.
    That stated, Blizzard probably felt that it wasn’t enough of an issue to punish players that used it.
    As I stated, this new bug clearly has advantages over those not using it and, per the wording, will hopefully have some punishment for those using it.
    Ffs you really are dense. It didn't give them an advantage over THAT ONE PLAYER. That does NOT mean that it didn't give them an advantage over ppl doing the dungeons in a group of 5. Jesus Christ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    There's a big difference between running a dungeon with 10 people and intentionally reforming a group at a specific time to farm bosses. Generally blizzard isn't going go after people unless they clearly did actions not naturally done in the game to gain an advantage.
    So are you saying the 10man raid dungeon was normal? There was no big with xp being gained?

- - - Updated - - -

They suspended accounts for over 3 months and rolled the characters back. Don't try to downplay the actions taken to fit your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Leveling up bit faster is not the same as getting more gold/gear/materials

Get of your high horse.
    The XP potion exploit ban wave on retail would beg to differ.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I didn't say anything about the larger groups. That was an option than and still is now. Blizzard screwed up their xp calculator that is on them not the players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "abit" upwards of 3 months and revert charecters.
    They didn't roll back any characters though. They haven't done that in years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Ffs you really are dense. It didn't give them an advantage over THAT ONE PLAYER. That does NOT mean that it didn't give them an advantage over ppl doing the dungeons in a group of 5. Jesus Christ.

- - - Updated - - -

So are you saying the 10man raid dungeon was normal? There was no big with xp being gained?

- - - Updated - - -

They suspended accounts for over 3 months and rolled the characters back. Don't try to downplay the actions taken to fit your argument.
    You are making some odd assumptions and false statements. I said they lock accounts for up to a few months, they did not revert any characters though. They haven't rolled back characters for years. As they have said it is complicated to do and often causes other issues so they avoid it when the can. I don't know how you misinterpreted that into me making some sort of argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I spammed 10 man dungeons, had no idea it was a bug. A lot of people did the same. This was blatantly obvious that it was a bug.
    They don't punish people for mistakes on their side, normally. Like you've pointed out and others are over looking is things like the dungeon reset, xp potions or previous issues people were doing something that was clearly out of bounds and not working as intended.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account

They didn't roll back any characters though. They have done that in years.
    they did it a fair few times
    times i can think of right now
    legion dungeon exploiting
    the legion ap exploit
    the BFA prepatch darkshore raid honor exploit.
    island expedition AP exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    We’ve recently become aware of a bug that could be exploited to allow instanced encounters to be completed repeatedly. We have developed a fix for the issue, and we are in the process of deploying it worldwide.

Realm restarts are scheduled for 3:00 a.m. PDT (6:00 a.m. EDT) in order to apply this fix.

As soon as possible, we will identify those who knowingly abused this bug in exploitative manner. We will then take appropriate punitive measures.

As a reminder, Blizzard’s End User License Agreement defines cheats as “methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods.”

As always, thank you for your feedback on this matter.

Just interested in thoughts on this - Action being taken against accounts who "exploited" this "bug", however, to the best of my knowledge, no action was taken against the accounts that spammed 10man dungeons, despite blizzard using the exact same language (exploiting a bug).

Thoughts? What is the difference? Why take action in this scenario, but not the other? Could it have something to do with bassically every single "popular" streamer taking advantage of the 10man dungeon exploit?
    Breaking the law by stealing a muffin from a bakery =/= breaking the law by murdering a family of five. Still both breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they did it a fair few times
    times i can think of right now
    legion dungeon exploiting
    the legion ap exploit
    the BFA prepatch darkshore raid honor exploit.
    island expedition AP exploit.
    The closest they have done is taking away conquest when it shouldn't have been awarded or changed like that when people get resources before they should be able to or go over a cap they shouldn't be able to.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    The raid experience bug wasn't as clearly an exploit. If I put "mage LFG ZF" in chat and got invited into a raid group using it, I would just think "wow I didn't know this was possible, cool". Especially if I wasn't a vanilla player.

The dungeon boss bug is clearly an exploit.

I wondered how some streamers would get over 1k gold in a couple of hours being off stream.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    The raid experience bug wasn't as clearly an exploit. If I put "mage LFG ZF" in chat and got invited into a raid group using it, I would just think "wow I didn't know this was possible, cool". Especially if I wasn't a vanilla player.

What if you not only weren't a vanilla player but you also never played wow or mmo's before. You just heard the hype of the classic train and jumped in. Your absolute first dungeon experience and you get banned, phew, I hope they don't have a mmo-champs account because that OP would be spiiicy lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

blizzard implements layering
    community tells blizzard layering has bugs and it's bad
    blizzard makes a post most layering exploits have been investigated and are exaggerated
    blizzard makes some layering fixes
    someone makes a video about layering exploit.
    blizzard gets all mad and starts banning

so basically they chose not to do anything, even with repeated bug reports that it was being exploited until they saw the video. How are people supposed to get bugs fixed without the risk of getting accounts banned since the only way it seems for blizzard to care is to post a video.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    To Blizzard, the raid experience bug was far less detrimental than literally exploiting instance IDs. We can have opinions about whether one was more or less detrimental than the other but ultimately Blizzard sets the rules in their own game and they get to choose how they handle individual situations.

As of yet, I haven't heard anything about high profile streamers being punished but the wording of that post seems to indicate some heads will roll.
    I've already seen a few videos of streamers talking about it. It's quite funny how their reasoning is that they were doing it by mistake..

"It happens you know, Princess Theradras spawns in front of you whenever you change layer so what choice do I have but to kill her 100 times?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I've had the layer exploit happen to my groups a few times by complete accident. I have no idea exactly how it was triggered but we killed a couple bosses multiple times because why not ? Figured it was a random bug that worked in our favor.

I hope they are able to tell who intentionally abused it from those who may have encountered it accidentally. Like if you killed the last boss in a dungeon 20 times within 5 minutes then obviously you are abusing it.
    A random bug? You literally have to leave your group, ask for a layer change and invite the others back to your group/join their group. It's not a mistake, it only happens deliberately.

7+ Year Old Account
    The closest they have done is taking away conquest when it shouldn't have been awarded or changed like that when people get resources before they should be able to or go over a cap they shouldn't be able to.
    except again, they banned people and took away items
    they banned people and took away AP
    they banned people and took away honor
    they took away peoples azerite.

you keep saying "nuh blizzard never does this, they so bad" then i show you literal examples and you say "nuh uh they never do that"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    blizzard implements layering
    community tells blizzard layering has bugs and it's bad
    blizzard makes a post most layering exploits have been investigated and are exaggerated
    blizzard makes some layering fixes
    someone makes a video about layering exploit.
    blizzard gets all mad and starts banning

so basically they chose not to do anything, even with repeated bug reports that it was being exploited until they saw the video. How are people supposed to get bugs fixed without the risk of getting accounts banned since the only way it seems for blizzard to care is to post a video.
    except those bugs that people said existed didnt, and those ones they reported were fixed, this was a new find, are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

Yes. People claiming they did it my mistake are full of bullshit. You might have stumbled upon it by mistake but from there on you know how it works and if you're killing the boss more than 1 time after said mistake then you're deliberately exploiting
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-09-16 at 04:54 PM.

Asmongold banned?

Yes, please, blizzard.

I wonder if his followers would do bomb threats.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    ah ok cool. Thank you for explaining that to me lol. I was grinding out a bunch of levels last night doing Cath farms. Glad it follows the rules
    Quick resetting has always been allowed. If you reset too many times within an hour (I think 5 times?), it will not allow you to reset anymore, or enter someone else's fresh instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    They should all be perma banned if they used this.
    Blizzard doesn't do permabans.