Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Give Affliction AoE potential. Stop baking all of Destro’s damage into Infernal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are super solid as usual, so IMO for 9.0 the main guideline should be - "if it works don't fix it".

My personal wish-list would be for Destruction basically the same thing I go on for for a long time:

• Less emphasis on huge cooldowns, instead returning portion of that power into baseline Chaos Bolt.
    • Sacrifice being viable, preferably with MoP/WoD iteration of it.

That's about it. First point being the important one, because I think there is just way too much riding on stacked Infernal CDs now and nowhere near enough outside it. I would not mind Infernal going back to 10 min CD and being overall 3% of DPS or some such amount and instead boosting baseline Chaos Bolt damage by something like 60% or whatever % there is to keep the bottom line around where it is now.

Other than that Destruction does not really need anything. It does not need to be fast paced and it does not need more mobility either. The spec is all about pure focus into big slow ass nukes wrecking shit at expense of just about everything else and many people including me like this aspect of Destruction. The other 2 specs deliver the desired mobility and/or fast paced action.

Utility-wise, I think warlocks have it plenty and there is no need for anything else. Gateway is still a unique and often critical ability in raids, Healthstones are also pretty big and there is a bunch of other nifty tricks we have that pop up here and there being an actual thing - for example Imp LoS dispel at Azshara being a legit tactics or Shadowfury P2 adds.

What about the talents?
    Are you happy with your choices, or do you think they need to be redesigned? Or just some number tunning?
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Only going to comment on Demo:

1. Just make felguard's axe toss also interrupt.
    2. I like implosion personally, just took awhile to get used to it.
    3. YES!
    4. I have never even used this talent. I saw the cast time and shard cost and immediately thought "NOPE!". Remove cast time and shard cost.
    5. Never use this anymore, used it back in the day. Sounds fair to be 20% max over current HP.

I would like to see tooltips updated. Ex: Summon Dreadstalkers, it annoys me not knowing how much damage they are going to do.

The spec overall feels good, i just think there's a lot of cosmetics that can be done via glyphs to summon different demons. Would like to see a glyph that:
    1. combines 3 imps into 1 bigger imp // 3 Hellfire satyrs // 3 Man'ari eredar
    2. dreadstalkers into shivarra // Rogue satyrs // Ur'zul
    3. commander into a Nathrezim // Imp Mother // pit lord.
    Thinking back to my post...

When i think of a demo warlock, i think of this communing, chanting, almost prayer-like type of caster. I think they should have more channeled based spells.

After i played with Nether Portal i think the ability should actually become a channeled talent. A 6 second channel that summons a demon every second (more haste brings more demons), completing the channel will summon a very strong demon (pit lord level).
    From a game play perspective, having a pre-fight channeled spell (similar to the old Army of the Dead) is just what demo needs.
    High Risk/High Reward talent for players who know when to use it, how to use it, and when pulled off rewards with big damage.

revert the class back to MoP's design, in fact how about the whole game's design go back to that.
    restore all previously baseline skills to baseline rather then recycling butchered versions as fodder for the retarded pvp talent system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    What about the talents?
    Are you happy with your choices, or do you think they need to be redesigned? Or just some number tunning?
    they need to be redesigned, badly, tiers should be how they were in MoP where mobility utility was placed alongside more mobility utility rather then the current stupid system of putting sustain, mobility, and defense on the same tier, sometimes even DPS talents come at the competitive cost of utility for some classes.
    there also should of been at least 4 more tiers by now to.

overall, i'd like MoP's set-up for destruction's core rotation being able to feed into utility with consume ember for changing demons to adapt to the current context(or just getting them back from nowhere after the pet AI fucks up the pathing out of the map entirely), but BC's version of nether ward to provide a stacking element-specific damage reduction to act as a automatic reactive defense, something alot of classes need back to kill the CC-kill meta that PVP has become.
    and as is warlock's the only pure without a recovery ability that's separate from it's raid utility, same with it's lacking baseline mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Thinking back to my post...

When i think of a demo warlock, i think of this communing, chanting, almost prayer-like type of caster. I think they should have more channeled based spells.

After i played with Nether Portal i think the ability should actually become a channeled talent. A 6 second channel that summons a demon every second (more haste brings more demons), completing the channel will summon a very strong demon (pit lord level).
    From a game play perspective, having a pre-fight channeled spell (similar to the old Army of the Dead) is just what demo needs.
    High Risk/High Reward talent for players who know when to use it, how to use it, and when pulled off rewards with big damage.
    If they introduce that spell it should be a talent. I don't want my damage balanced around a spell that's unusable in a number of fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the talents?
    Destruction PoV:

Thematically most rows are fine, problem, as usual, is balance there which is simply a game of numbers.

For example, something like Soul Fire is not picked up because it's not powerful enough by itself, but if it would get a damage bump where it becomes a viable alternative - people would pick it.

Talent rows are full of talents like this that are a simple number hotfix away from being a viable alternative choice. I think the only talent there that clearly should be scrapped and replaced is Inferno.

10+ Year Old Account
    For destro:

- revert all GCD changes
    - Reduce defensives and health regen
    - Remove GoSup
    - give back baseline utility spells like demonic circle, instant cast shadowfury, shadowflame, felflame, howl of terror, death coil, fel hunter self-dispell, Soul Harvest (Cata ver)
    - give back baseline soul fire, shadowburn, soul burn, and fire and brimstone
    - dramatically increase the damage of conflag and incinerate (charred embers may be gone off the screen but it's baked in)
    - give back baseline Dark Soul
    - bring back KJ's Cunning as a talent (speed reduction + cast all spells while moving version)

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    If they introduce that spell it should be a talent. I don't want my damage balanced around a spell that's unusable in a number of fights.
    it is a talent already....
    a talent that is used on zero fights. So anything is better than nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    That doesn't mean that your opinion reflects whole warlock population and that Blizzard must accept any of it.
    Blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Warlocks are super solid as usual, so IMO for 9.0 the main guideline should be - "if it works don't fix it".
    You always post as if destruction is the only warlock spec. I agree with your comments about what needs to change with destruction, but "The other 2 specs deliver the desired mobility and/or fast paced action" is just factually incorrect.

There are so many issues with affliction and affliction talents (like DS being a DPS loss to take over taking no talents in that row). Affliction, the dot spec, has awful dots with all the damage baked into the DG cooldown, and outside of that it's terrible. DG being so overpowered is the only thing keeping Affliction doing so well, and it's horrible design. Absolutely atrocious AOE is also an issue in the current encounter design..

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Then: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    The raid isn't warlock friendly unlike BoD. Regardless destruction and affliction kick some ass on court.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    The raid isn't warlock friendly unlike BoD. Regardless destruction and affliction kick some ass on court.
    Translation: "Some random excuse that makes it OK that warlocks aren't doing well, but it's ok because of one encounter. Also, shadow priests are fine."

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Translation: "Some random excuse that makes it OK that warlocks aren't doing well, but it's ok because of one encounter. Also, shadow priests are fine."
    Calling warlocks shit when 6 months ago they were doing great despite seeing no major nerfs, even buffs in same cases, is a retarded way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Calling warlocks shit when 6 months ago they were doing great despite seeing no major nerfs, even buffs in same cases, is a retarded way of thinking.
    No, it is not. It's called scalling and gameplay changes. A big part of your damage now is essences, trinkets and traits. Affliction's scalling was one of the very best in the game before because mastery was valued pretty high and now it's not as good.

Because of that affliction does deserve a buff, but they won't do it.

As for Gaidax, he always says Warlock is good, even if it's just "ok". He likes to be "positive", if his dps is middle of the pack he would cling to our utility to justify it.

I think for a pure DPS class, we are very average. Maybe this isn't a bad thing, being average is the goal for all classes but they always let one of them stand out too much. Right now it is Shadow Priest.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Affliction's had a chunk of its identity (dot caster, channeled damage spell) hollowed out by SPriest, imo. I'd like to see actual curses and maybe even diseases come in for Aff dots, since the Void now clearly belongs to Shadow. Since the unpruning is allegedly occurring, drains and Shadow Bolt can coexist, and maybe even synergize with each other by making Nightfall baseline again. So maybe you have talents that make drains better than Shadow Bolt, but Nightfall procs make Shadow Bolt slightly higher DPS while also giving you an extra spell to cast while moving.

As for Gaidax, he always says Warlock is good.
    I still remember him telling everyone how great warlocks were at the start of legion and we just needed to l2p.. lol

Honestly the best Warlock imo is the classic/TBC one...
    Have UA (18sec), corruption (18sec), Agony, siphon life, shadow bolt, drain life, immolate, soul fire, curse of shadow, curse of elements. Then you get to decide how you fight
    - Soloing a mob: use corruption + UA + immolate or shadow bolt (up to you)
    - PVP: corruption+siphon life. Then you choose between UA+Agony or UA+curse of shadow or CC+Curse of element+Soul Fire (up to you)
    - AOE: Rain of fire or hellfire or multi dot (which dots you wanna use is up to you)
    - Boss: Corruption+UA+Agony or curse of shadow and then spam shadowbolt or incinerate depending on which talents you took and if you have fire or shadow spell power. Use immolate conflag if you took the talents. (Up to you again)
    Imo it is dumb that in retail we are limited to one fuckin rotation (corruption/agony/UA) that you use on every fuckin situation (Solo/PVP/AOE/Boss). Give players the choice to cast whatever they want.

No, it is not. It's called scalling and gameplay changes. A big part of your damage now is essences, trinkets and traits. Affliction's scalling was one of the very best in the game before because mastery was valued pretty high and now it's not as good.

Because of that affliction does deserve a buff, but they won't do it.

As for Gaidax, he always says Warlock is good, even if it's just "ok". He likes to be "positive", if his dps is middle of the pack he would cling to our utility to justify it.

I think for a pure DPS class, we are very average. Maybe this isn't a bad thing, being average is the goal for all classes but they always let one of them stand out too much. Right now it is Shadow Priest.
    Affliction certainly does suffer from scaling and essences as such in this patch, however the raid is still not warlock friendly. I can't really speak for demo currently, but I would argue the essences for destruction are much more beneficial the only problem is destruction is very lacking on what its able to do in situations outside of cleave. Destruction's damage comes in its burst where I would say its one of the best burst specs currently. For overall damage the class itself I would argue is average-above average, but far from a dead spec which is what I had the problem with.