Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lock was the first toon I ever mained and will always have a special place in my heart. What I would like to see is more done with the imps. From the rare quest npc to some voice that finally came in our pets.

What would be awesome and not just a number on a screen?....

Fire bomb- (Goku's sb cast animation) your imp/imps charge a devastating firey orb does x damage + an extra 20% for every mob hit within 8yards of primary target max 100% extra damage.

Demo- the wake of devastation from the blast leave a firey portal on the ground which the demon king imp himself rises from. And he just wants a hug rooting and Exploding on a target in his near vicinity.

Destro- in a last ditch attempt to please it's master the imp expells the last of it's energy to barrage the targets with hellfire from above. Next cast off summon imp instant for 5 seconds.
    Rain of fire mix type with that one talent last X-Pac that was the barrage or whatever.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Honestly the best Warlock imo is the classic/TBC one...
    Have UA (18sec), corruption (18sec), Agony, siphon life, shadow bolt, drain life, immolate, soul fire, curse of shadow, curse of elements. Then you get to decide how you fight
    - Soloing a mob: use corruption + UA + immolate or shadow bolt (up to you)
    - PVP: corruption+siphon life. Then you choose between UA+Agony or UA+curse of shadow or CC+Curse of element+Soul Fire (up to you)
    - AOE: Rain of fire or hellfire or multi dot (which dots you wanna use is up to you)
    - Boss: Corruption+UA+Agony or curse of shadow and then spam shadowbolt or incinerate depending on which talents you took and if you have fire or shadow spell power. Use immolate conflag if you took the talents. (Up to you again)
    Imo it is dumb that in retail we are limited to one fuckin rotation (corruption/agony/UA) that you use on every fuckin situation (Solo/PVP/AOE/Boss). Give players the choice to cast whatever they want.
    Sounds so basic and boring that I want to puke at just the thought of my live warlock downgrading to that. It was fun for vanilla and now in classic, but in the times we live in, that's even more boring of a spec than any of the three warlock specs in BFA. And I say that as someone who has a level 60 holy paladin already on classic, and have done the raid a number of times/having a blast with classic. You want classic warlock? Go play classic.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Honestly the best Warlock imo is the classic/TBC one...
    Have UA (18sec), corruption (18sec), Agony, siphon life, shadow bolt, drain life, immolate, soul fire, curse of shadow, curse of elements. Then you get to decide how you fight
    - Soloing a mob: use corruption + UA + immolate or shadow bolt (up to you)
    - PVP: corruption+siphon life. Then you choose between UA+Agony or UA+curse of shadow or CC+Curse of element+Soul Fire (up to you)
    - AOE: Rain of fire or hellfire or multi dot (which dots you wanna use is up to you)
    - Boss: Corruption+UA+Agony or curse of shadow and then spam shadowbolt or incinerate depending on which talents you took and if you have fire or shadow spell power. Use immolate conflag if you took the talents. (Up to you again)
    Imo it is dumb that in retail we are limited to one fuckin rotation (corruption/agony/UA) that you use on every fuckin situation (Solo/PVP/AOE/Boss). Give players the choice to cast whatever they want.
    I mostly agree with one. In pvp you had so many options. Especially playing as destro.
    On other hand pure shadow bolt spam in raids sucked hard.

These days raid rotations are far more interesting while in pvp it seems to be like you are one trick pony.

5+ Year Old Account
    Another thing: This class desperately needs more glyphs!

It seems we have so few of them now, even though there are arguably so many opportunities. There could be a glyph for every single demon we have, summoning a different one. But we only have glyphs for the Voidwalker and the Succubus and the Felguard.

They actually removed so many glyphs from our class. Remember when we could summon an Abyssal and a Terrorguard? Fel Imp? Shivarra?

Complete class overhaul.

Destro - Sacrifice your demon, changing your form like Shadowform is for Spriests, but Red/Green. mobile and bursty. 2 dots, bring back shadowflame and fel flame.

Demo - 2-3 permanent demons and strong AoE. Bring back Meta. Curse of Doom, every 45 seconds a meteor falls on your target spawning an infernal to fight for 10 seconds.

Affliction - ability to spread dots like DK diseases, ultra-strong AoE. Bring back DS Execute. DoT crit leaving a bleed effect that increases dot damage by 1% per dot. Stacks 3 times per DoT.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Another thing: This class desperately needs more glyphs!

It seems we have so few of them now, even though there are arguably so many opportunities. There could be a glyph for every single demon we have, summoning a different one. But we only have glyphs for the Voidwalker and the Succubus and the Felguard.

They actually removed so many glyphs from our class. Remember when we could summon an Abyssal and a Terrorguard? Fel Imp? Shivarra?
    Fel Imp, Shivarra and Beholder are gone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Destro - Sacrifice your demon, changing your form like Shadowform is for Spriests, but Red/Green. mobile and bursty. 2 dots, bring back shadowflame and fel flame.
    If I'd want to play a Shadowpriest, I'd play one.

Destruction should be first and foremost direct damage spec, not some shitty dots juggler.

As a whole I like it being a slow spec with challenged mobility and big ass nukes, I just wish the following (broken record at this point):

1a. Move power back from stacked talent cds to baseline Chaos Bolt. Supremacy/DSI should be an option, not mandatory - alternate talents should buff Chaos Bolt/spells baseline.
    1b. Make Sacrifice a viable choice with its MoP/WoD iteration - flat % damage increase to ST spells + pet utility spell.
    2. General talent balance.

Other than that spec plays real nice for me and it seems to be in a good spot overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    If I'd want to play a Shadowpriest, I'd play one.

Destruction should be first and foremost direct damage spec, not some shitty dots juggler.

As a whole I like it being a slow spec with challenged mobility and big ass nukes, I just wish the following (broken record at this point):

1a. Move power back from stacked talent cds to baseline Chaos Bolt. Supremacy/DSI should be an option, not mandatory - alternate talents should buff Chaos Bolt/spells baseline.
    1b. Make Sacrifice a viable choice with its MoP/WoD iteration - flat % damage increase to ST spells + pet utility spell.
    2. General talent balance.

Other than that spec plays real nice for me and it seems to be in a good spot overall.
    Yeah the only thing wrong with destro is too much damage being loaded into infernal tbh.

I'd like to see a couple of things for affliction specifically. I'd like it to get back the survivability it had in Legion, with much more self-healing for starters. Second I'd like Darkglare to go the way of Chakras and the eclipse bar: be deleted from the game with no regret.

Demonology is honestly great imo. I've never like Demo more than I do now in BfA, and demo has been pretty damn fun in the past.

Destruction.. whatever. I don't like the current state of it, but I'm ok having a 3rd spec that's not for me but maybe others like it. Too gimmicky yet simple for me; I'd rather play other things.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Yeah the only thing wrong with destro is too much damage being loaded into infernal tbh.
    It's the same for all 3 Warlocks specs atm, Darkglare has the same problem, mediocre to low sustain for 3 minutes and then 10 seconds of crazy burst, I enjoyed drain cycles more tbh.

I liked the drain cycles as well. You had to do some planning about how much time you had left before moving and how many UAs you would cast, so it was NOT trivial, plus, the weapon/tier traits made it also feel rewarding when you saw a UA getting re-applied automatically or prolonged during a drain cycle and you would see your dps go up, especially during a soul harvest phase.

I don't think anyone likes the current afflic compared to any other expac, lol.

Overall BfA had the worst class design of all times. I'll add something to the topic too, and update later in my first post.

I want Darkglare removed. I dislike how much damage that is loaded into it and because when it bugs out with LoS it's such a fucking headache that it's unaceptable.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I don't think anyone likes the current afflic compared to any other expac, lol.

Overall BfA had the worst class design of all times. I'll add something to the topic too, and update later in my first post.

I want Darkglare removed. I dislike how much damage that is loaded into it and because when it bugs out with LoS it's such a fucking headache that it's unaceptable.
    Yeah it blows, same with Inferal (only that doesn't have LoS bugs that I'm aware of), Tyrant can stay.

All this talk about Necromancer made me taste a little bit of fear for the future, lolz.

I remember Blizzard stating in the Blizzcon or some other random interview that they were thinking about what new class would be made. It was between Necromancer, DH and some other, maybe tinker.

They said Necro was cool but was too rooted in DK/warlocks. Then I remembered how they made DH's, they removed meta from Demon and reworked the spell.

What if we did not receive Soul Swap yet because they are doing the same thing if/when they were planning to make Necromancers.

Such a cool spell I would like to have it back.
    Thanks for the heads up!

All the specs need a redesign tbh, I'd love to see a return to mana being a thing for casters as the builder/spender playstyle feels shit and too Diablo-esque. I think most people will agree that the MoP iteration of the class was peak Warlock, so hopefully they return to something similar

I'd love MoP Destruction back. But it won't happen... and I gotta agree with @Gaidax on buffing Chaos Bolt and lowering the damage from stacked cds... plus some more mobility... I'd love Kil'jaeden's Cunning back, somehow. And the burning aura graphic from building "embers" (I will always call them like that)

I love demo through legion and bfa even. I feel like if they did major reworks, it should turn from a horde summoner (imp mother) to something a bit more complex... kinda autochess style where you summoning demons and can combine/sacrifice them to summon more powerful ones that you just build up to something like a dreadguard/infernal/pit lord. the big summon is like 3 min CD but the lesser summons (dogs/imps) you just kinda keep summoning upgrading sacrificing to improve the next summon of them until big CD is up again, just to not make it a solely 3 min build spec

- - - Updated - - -

curse of doom is coming back in 9.0 iirc from blizzcon, part of the return to class ID

- - - Updated - - -

yeahh, legion lock was very much a cobbled together spec to not step on the toes of the new class. but it feels a lot better in bfa without demonic empowerment, and stacks of demon core gives some decent mobility from what I've played so far (not gotten much of endgame anything this expac but did do a bit of mythic antorus).
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Why cast fire when I have imps to do that for me?

Demo: stop with the imps. Hand can summon beholder instead and we cant use with less than 3. Rocking 1 or 2 only benefits portal and that needs a rework. Also let us skin the beholders into similar scale demons like satyrs or shit. Same with dreadstalkers. Give us like 2-3 glyphs for each "summon"
    Make just about everything we do that green/purple blended fire weve been sorta getting unique to us. Roll hard. Those are all just aesthetics but itll go a long way.

soul strike as baseline to mitigate our mobility in combat. While on that lets have 2 pets out. Felguard and something else. Now we got our interrupt when we need it.

Tune down the tyrant himself and tune up shadowbolt and demon bolt. Having so much of our dps wrapped into the tyrant feels ugh even if he is 1.5 cd.

When curse of doom returns make it play like legion doom. Remove implosion and return demonwrath
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

~Give the specs their niches back, last I played (around uldir) all 3 specs were stepped on each others toes hard. They all seem to be designed to do sustained single target, at least 2 of which are based around a 3 minute CD.

~ On that note, get rid of the 3 minute CD.

I could write a book of other things, but these are the least of what I'd like to see happen.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

That old mass life drain, while not very damaging, was kinda fun. Harvest Life maybe? Along with chaos bolts being pally killers, I do miss old affliction.