Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    The 'trash' in many instances made the class feel complete and fun.

Hellfire, Rain of Fire are iconic warlock abilities, so are curses and dots. Just because you throw fire instead of shadow doesn't mean you should not have access to Curses and shadow based abilities.

I did not play Lock in Cataclysm, but I play it in Classic and I used to play it in BC.

I must honestly say, I enjoy my warlock more in Classic than in BFA or Legion by a considerable margin. I feel like a Warlock, not like an Affliction. I like that my specializations merely make me more powerful in a specific way, rather than totally replacing my abilities. As a warlock with the typical Destro build you still use your dots if you can. If you go for an Affliction build (SM/RUIN) you still have all your Destruction ablilities and will still use Hellfire and/or Rain of Fire and Immolate, if you can. If you go for a demo heavy build (SL PVP) you still use Immolate and all your Affliction debuffs.

You never stop being a warlock, you simply become more of one particular kind of warlock. In retail if I go for a destro build my character somehow forgets all his other abilities, even though they would come in quite handy. For example, Destro would feel much better in my opinion if I had more than just one debuff. Affliction would feel much better if I had Immolate as well and Rain of Fire/Hellfire for aoe. And don't get me started on all the utility spells they either removed or gave to one spec only. Death Coil and Demonic Circle are baseline abilities. Or at least they should be. What happened to our curses? Why are most of our utility spells limited to pvp and even then you have to choose between them? Why is an ability that Warlocks know at lvl 1 in Vanilla a pvp talent (Demon armor) ?

The class design is an abomination that needs to be purged in fel fire. And they should start by removing specializations and the current talent trees, because I should play a Warlock, not a Demonology or Destruction or Affliction. And a Warlock doesn't forget how to afflict his enemy with curses while throwing fire at them!

So you played it in Classic? Or do you play it now in Classic? Dunno but Warlock in Classic/BC outside of PvP or Outdoor activities was one thing boring as fuck!

Classic with DoT Cap: CoE/CoS maybe Corr Spam SB you call that "being a Warlock"?
    BC: Spam SB, if you had the Gear maybe you build for Fire Destru and Spam Conf/Inc WoW what a Great joy it was

Also one other thing: Just how many abilities where added trough all the Expansions since Classic? How many design iterations did each Warlock Specc go trough? You will prob find People that say "Warlock was best in "enter rdm expac name here" than anything else.

Hell example: Affli best in MoP, Demo best in WoD (Start of the Addon), Destru best in WotLK, there my favorites. Warlock as a Class best in MoP because every Specc had its time to shine at some Point.

The only things that Changed where the tools you used and that is over a 15 Year Cycle, BFA Warlock is shit, Legion Warlock did only work prob with the right Legendaries and Artefact. How will you keep people enjoying something if it cant change or evolve ?

Curses is one thing and they saw it and will add them back but the rest? Srry but just imagine playing the same and i mean the same rotation you had in Classic for 15 Years on and on with the occasional throw in of a new Talent or Spell, people would go mental.

In my Eyes the only, well the only and biggest, mistake they´ve done with Warlock (and prob every other class in the Game) is to dont stick to the things that Worked and felt good for a Player for the sake of changing it up. But that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    ~Give the specs their niches back, last I played (around uldir) all 3 specs were stepped on each others toes hard. They all seem to be designed to do sustained single target, at least 2 of which are based around a 3 minute CD.

~ On that note, get rid of the 3 minute CD.

I could write a book of other things, but these are the least of what I'd like to see happen.
    I'd read that book tbh.

Apart from bringing back MoP Destro, which will never happen unfortunately, I'd like way more damage to go to Chaos Bolt. It should feel really good to cast. Right now it barely scratches the target.