[Classic] Post Your UI

Hello Mods and MMO-Champion Community,

Could we sticky a "[Classic] Post Your UI" thread to separate the retail vs classic UI's? It seems it would be easier and more organized to separate the two for those looking for UI ideas.

Thanks in advance for considering this!

Devo

I foresee the future, 99/100 of the UI's will have everything hidden for super minimalistic look with a swingtimer somewhere on the screen.
    No pvp, no pve, barely a difference to ALT+Z and with zero customisation to debuff handling, basicly 100% default with just things hidden. Why would you want to copy pasta such useless ideas?

TLDR put verything in the middle of your screen (HUD) while leaving your character free, hide if at all, only for a reason and customize your buff/debuff handling for your role/class.

OR

play with the default UI, else you will have a hard time to do anything
    -

The evolution of the ui was an interesting journey, I suppose its better to do a before and after comparison.

I've largely stuck with what works for me, things changed only slightly over the years.

heres what my priests ui looked like at the end of real classic. 1) (ledmirage's mod compilation insomniax)
    this is what it looked like the first time I installed healbot 2) (I can't ... see..)
    in legion 3) (60% mastery was op) 3.5) (missing that bag space)

and finally my warrior in classic. 4) (gib bag space) 5) (dem ironfoe procs, best i've had so far was a 1.5k burst from ironfoe+windfury in a single swing)

some elements changed, some remained the same for me for over a decade. I think between wrath and mop my ui was a mess. its taken a while to fine tune it down to just what works best. it does get difficult to change things you've got used to for so long.

for example ill probably always use CT_raid's buff bar. I actually don't have a swing timer though, am I missing out?.

list of mods.

shadow unit frames
    ct_raid (core + buffbar + mail)
    mapster
    sexymap
    questie
    realmobhealth
    xloot
    prat
    tinytooltip
    dominos
    omniCC
    vendorprice
    bagnon
    extendedcharacterstats
    atlaslootclassic
    MSBT (I set my SCT so that the left side incoming scrolls down and outgoing right scrolls up)
    Classicthreatmeter

the font is MSBT cooline.

updated my macros a bit, playing a warrior requires a few different macros to make it easier. so far I have maybe 4-5.

one is for charging while mounted. /dismount /cast charge

one adds autoattack to sunder armor. /startattack /cast sunder armor

I have one macro that switches to berserker stance, then on a second press it pops berserker rage and switches back to defensive stance, I call it the onyxia macro.

#showcooldown berserker rage
    /cast [nostance:3]Berserker Stance;Berserker Rage
    /cast [nostance:2]Defensive Stance

then finally two macros for switching between dual wield and sword and board.

/equip Ironfoe
    /equipslot 17 Draconian Deflector

&

/equip Ironfoe
    /equipslot 17 Bashguuder

hopefully this helps anyone thinking about tanking.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-09-21 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I foresee the future, 99/100 of the UI's will have everything hidden for super minimalistic look with a swingtimer somewhere on the screen.
    No pvp, no pve, barely a difference to ALT+Z and with zero customisation to debuff handling, basicly 100% default with just things hidden. Why would you want to copy pasta such useless ideas?

TLDR put verything in the middle of your screen (HUD) while leaving your character free, hide if at all, only for a reason and customize your buff/debuff handling for your role/class.

OR

play with the default UI, else you will have a hard time to do anything
    People can make their UI look however they want, ha.
    The fun part of minimalism is to get the most amount of function out of the least amount of form. So it's great to get new ideas from other minimalists. But default UI is also super rad, and so is a maximalist approach! We all are just having fun

I plan on recreating my old vanilla ui to an extent once I'm 60.

Here is what my vanilla ui looked like...

AddOns: Tim @ WoWInterface
    Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
    Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List