Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    A picture posted on reddit shows someone got 1 month and the items removed. Talk about a soft penalty for exploiting.

Now truth be told the story said nothing about how often he did so it could be once, twice or a billion times. I just still think a month timeout and items removed is extremely soft.
    how is that soft? they are loosing a month of their char progression and loosing all gains they had. As long as they are not keeping anything, it is a pretty good punishment. If they had released items into the market, tried hiding items, mats acquired in other accounts, that should then be perma ban. Bus as long as you can roll back any gains and give them a time out of 4 resets, it's not a bad punishment.

Wait. Does that mean that a raid team could chain farm specific bosses for Legendaries from MC as well? (Eye for Sulfuras and parts for TF)

I wonder what that guild that had dozens of people running around with baron mount thought it would happen. It doesn't look fishy as hell or anything when there's 20+ ppl running around the world with it, dumbasses

Quote Originally Posted by Nixiuz View Post
    This is hilarious! Remember when this didn't happen in Vanilla? Because layering wasn't in vanilla, that's why! I'm beginning to wonder if Activision Blizzard put layering in Classic DELIBERATELY TO PUNISH PLAYERS and not to handle realm population because THEY KNEW exploits would happen and it would give them the chance to punish players by tempting players to exploit layering. Well played, Blizz, well played.
    this is so on point! Good to see that some people are actually seeing the ultimate truth of the iluminati corporations! What had do you use? Mine is 1.6m thick aluminium, integrated alien protection and with only 5.99 I can get extra support for mind control while looking at media sources.

I always wonder about the extreme short foresight of people that find the exploit and then actively tell others knowing it will spread around. I would punish them for their stupidity, not because they used the exploit in the first place. We all know if something is known enough it forces Blizzard to do something about it just to show they are in control and encourage fair-play. I have found exploits in other games before, and I kept them well hidden and never told anyone, even if they were single-player only.

"As soon as possible, we will identify those who knowingly abused this bug in exploitative manner. We will then take appropriate punitive measures."

we will see wont we. - i call bullshit, but i hope they prove me wrong

Yet another newly developed system by Blizz that's full of faults, bugs and exploits, nothing they've done in the past 4 years has worked as intended on release you'd think they would of learned by now.

New systems should be fully thought through, fully tested, instead of just rushed out at the last minute just before quarterly reports, b'cos thats what its realy about......money all they could see was getting more players in game to create more subs, it's not like they had nothing to go off, Shard hopping is abused to hell on live, it's pretty obvious players were going to find "cracks" in Layering.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixiuz View Post
    This is hilarious! Remember when this didn't happen in Vanilla? Because layering wasn't in vanilla, that's why! I'm beginning to wonder if Activision Blizzard put layering in Classic DELIBERATELY TO PUNISH PLAYERS and not to handle realm population because THEY KNEW exploits would happen and it would give them the chance to punish players by tempting players to exploit layering. Well played, Blizz, well played.
    A wild tinfoil hat appears !

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Blizzard directly commented on esfand.
    And didn't mention that other guy, because Blizzard don't seem to be fond of him. I can't imagine why. /s

When a raid runs into a bug that existed in 2004, probably not done on purpose. A guild running around on Baron's mount, a mount that was freaking rare back then...probably an exploit.

(I haven't been paying attention to Classic at all, but you know the bug in UBRS will happen again, when the arena event bugs out. Because...Blizzard.)

A temp ban and the proceedings from exploitation being removed seems like a good measure, and I honestly don't see the need for much more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    When a raid runs into a bug that existed in 2004, probably not done on purpose.
    (I haven't been paying attention to Classic at all, but you know the bug in UBRS will happen again, when the arena event bugs out. Because...Blizzard.)
    #NoChanges

Did everyone forget the instance cascade? Back in vanilla it was abused by guilds which had up to 3 raids with different progression paces where the "good" raid always cleared where the "lesser" ones left (usually Golemagg/Domo and onwards)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post

Changing layers happens all the time.
    Not anymore, it still happens from time to time, but you have to force it, and certainly not inside instances.

If someone is forcing 20 layer hops in 30mins to farm a endboss only, its a exploit, there isn't even a discussion there. It just is.

eVeRyOnE bUt sTrEaMeRs wIlL gEt pUnIsHeD WAAA WAAA CRY CRY QQ.

None of the big streamers did this. Esfand encountered a bug in MC, reported it and was given an okey to keep going. VERY FUCKING DIFFERENT.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    this is so on point! Good to see that some people are actually seeing the ultimate truth of the iluminati corporations! What had do you use? Mine is 1.6m thick aluminium, integrated alien protection and with only 5.99 I can get extra support for mind control while looking at media sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    A wild tinfoil hat appears !

An alien UFO told me while returning from a trip to meet the Gnomes of Zurich and Ironforge. Or it could have been a reflection from Venus in the sky. Those men in black did wave something hi-tech and beeping in my face before they took off.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    hah yeah its weird. When Blizzard knew this is not intended, shouldnt they just have recommended esfand and his raid not to reclear MC?

its a seperate bug, so that might have something to do with it. I still find it weird. It probably got something to do with esfands status in the wow community. Well liked guy allround with a big network, among fans and people inside Blizzard. So that probably has alot to do with it.
    oh stop . he wanted to kill rag . they hadn't killed rag yet. they went to kill rag and all the stuff before him had respawned. they didn't care about farming the stuff before him. it was actually a hassle that they had to do everything all over again to get to him. letting them keep the loot only makes sense for making them have to re-clear everything. this wasn't some elaborate scheme to get extra loot for a streamer.

It is totally fair, what they did. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...and the internet's never-sated justice boner throbs again.

I swear to fucking God, some people in this community wouldn't be happy if Blizzard publicly executed, by way of guillotine, anybody who ever exploited. It's fucking weird, and I never understood people's fascination with punishments for these kinds of things.
    WoW has never been exploited though. An exploit is a flaw you leverage to your own ends. So an example of this is SQL injection. You find a way to get the software to run your code for you, to get the result you want.

Taking advantage of bugs will never be exploiting. Especially in a paid subscription game, there should be legal protections for the consumer that whatever code Blizzard decides to release into the wild is their responsibility. There is no reason why Blizzard should not have a team (or even an AI) checking things like boss kills per minute in raids and dungeons. Such an algorithm would have instantly caught this when it started happening and could have flagged characters for immediate review.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    you do realize layering isn't even supposed to work in instances, right?
    So any competent QA department with a budget over $10 would have:

Case 1: check if layering works in dungeons
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.