Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    It doesn't lack class identity. Some specs does. Like combat rogue isn't really a rogue but assassination and sub is. Does it make sense that outlaw rogue can't use poisons, No, but is it the end of the world ? not really

Take mage as an example. In retail you have 3 verry different mage specs that all scream mage, whereas in classic you are basically playing a lvl 60 frostbolt

I really like the way it is.
    Basically it is a school of magic or martial arts you as a character devotet your life to.

A Druid that is all about healing would not want to run around as a cat and butcher stuff.

Same as a mage who devotet his life to the mastering of the element fire. Why would he want to start with ice?
    And the player character is no Jaina. She is an exception.
    Spec switiching is lore wise also not real.

Pruning went to far but i like that the Specs are very distinct. Classic on the other hand basically didn't even really have specs at all. You could do everything the other specs can do to with the odd late talent exception which some classes didn't even bother with. *cough* Lightwell *cough*

Give the Specs more Spells. If you want to even Cross SPec Abilities. But the distinction is what makes retail classes fun. And yes i really think the classes are fun irght now. Levling is boring. Story to each their own. I like it. But class fantasy is ok the way it is.

Playing balance druid, and I'm loving every part of it. Only thing I would add is Full Moon added to the general spell kit, dropping a huge white moon on your enemies that crits for a shitload of damage was amazing during legion and I'd love to be able to do it again.

Druids have been in a good spot, playing mine for a really long time and I never had any issues with it's class identity / fantasy. Long live the moon bois !