Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    She did most of that shit while infested and, to my knowledge, unwillingly

Sylvanas is completely unrepentant.
    Until they tell us she was doing it for the right reasons, that is. I mean everyone seems to get a pass, so why not her?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    While not showin in-game, portals/teleports are highly energy-dependent (it's said in the novella it took several magi taking turns to keep the portal to evacuate Teldrassil running)
    Second, as for mana bomb... remember the mana bomb in Terokkar, around a meter in size? The damage was contained within the camp. The Iris did a lot.
    Third, if they did use any of the present WMDs, it'd need they'd have to acknowledge the Alliance has the Vindicaar and it's orbital Light-purge ray, which would probably be a GGWP for the horde - not going to happen because stuff would then go absurd.
    This was not faction specific, the alliance has manabomb technology too the blood elves taught the kirin tor how to make them, manabombs come in various scales and can level a small town, it is the general terms horde and alliance could easily raze entire cities, the tools are there, but utterly underutilized and I don't get why people are constantly hung up on the vindicar compared to other tools available, like gnomish "nukes" it has not much fire power, just a focused beam.

The vindicar is an incredible logistical tool for transport, but its offense abilities are lacking.

Sylvanas is completely unrepentant.
    Kerrigan by her own post-cleansing admission in one of SC comics was in control. Which leaves the infestation alone. That is analogous to Sylvanas becoming undead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Up until heart of the swarm, there she orders the infestation of entire worlds, and creates a swarm with the sole purpose to eradicate the protoss by accident, just because she shows mercy from time to time does not mean she is not a monster.

Kerrigan the psycho got godhood as reward, I just hope the screecher does not receive the same.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2019-09-18 at 01:40 PM.

Mana bombs

She dies as well as any other. In fact, she's died three times already. Two of them in her undead state.
    Yeah I know that, I was just responding to the OP about her corpse turning into ash

So if Slyvannas's physical form is burnt....why does it appear in blizzcon key art?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    This was not faction specific, the alliance has manabomb technology too the blood elves taught the kirin tor how to make them, manabombs come in various scales and can level a small town, it is the general terms horde and alliance could easily raze entire cities, the tools are there, but utterly underutilized and I don't get why people are constantly hung up on the vindicar compared to other tools available, like gnomish "nukes" it has not much fire power, just a focused beam.

The vindicar is an incredible logistical tool for transport, but its offense abilities are lacking.
    Vindicaar is sure to exist lore-wise. As you say, it has a logistical potential of some way (though we don't know its actual capacity - we don't even know how large the Argus expedition actually was lore-wise) but the main strength is still a focused beam of destruction from the friggin' orbit - which no one can counter because there's nothing else than can fly into outer space. The only issue is power source - if it requires some specific crystals (as some of the WQs on Argus hinted), it'd depend on how many the draenei brought with them or if there's a way to replace said power source (which is possible to some degree as shown by WoD Shadowmoon and Talador story).
    On the other hand, I am not sure how many of the larger gadgets are canon and not just fancy items for in-game fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Kerrigan by her own post-cleansing admission in one of SC comics was in control. Which leaves the infestation alone. That is analogous to Sylvanas becoming undead.
    Then I stand corrected. I haven't gotten too much involved into Starcraft Lore besides the games themselves
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is a bunch of bull but didn't the BfA Lordaeron CG Trailer show that her Banshee form and Physical form are essentially one and the same at this point?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    So if Slyvannas's physical form is burnt....why does it appear in blizzcon key art?
    Well to be fair, the Key Art for the blizzcon that announced BFA was Jaina in her previous look, not her current Kultiran inspired one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Well to be fair, the Key Art for the blizzcon that announced BFA was Jaina in her previous look, not her current Kultiran inspired one.
    This is true. Fair enough. I mean we all know its bollocks regardless but my point is also that

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    1. I'm not gonna listen to someone who is so obnoxious
    2. Say what you want to say, and don't have me watch a video that makes your point for you
    3. Do they have any inside information? No. So why would anything they have to say be relevant? Anything they could possibly say would either be speculation, or regurgitated facts. So what facts do you have to bring forward? Don't hide behind some weird youtube shills.
    You must be fun at parties

Then I stand corrected. I haven't gotten too much involved into Starcraft Lore besides the games themselves
    Whole point of Brood War expansion was to show that Kerrigan was finaly her own master, what with mind wipes being a constant part of ghost conditioning and having brain implants to limit her psychic powers.

That is, until HotS when a fucking void lord was behind it all and they turned Mengsk from totalitarian but well meaning dictator into a psycho that is evil just cause. I guess Blizzard wanted Confederation back without promoting the flag.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2019-09-18 at 05:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Whole point of Brood War expansion was to show that Kerrigan was finaly her own master, what with mind wipes being a constant part of ghost conditioning and having brain implants to limit her psychic powers..
    Guess I gotta replay Brood War.

EDIT: Man, refreshing my mind on Kerrigan made me find the quote "They will all be mine in the end, for I am the Queen of Blades"
    Jesus fucking christ i'm even more scared of what they are doing to WoW now
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2019-09-18 at 05:28 PM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

campaign ends in 8.2.5
    sylvanas gets ousted
    horde still kinda in a bit of chaos
    new leadership system

8.3 wraps up a few loose ends with the factions
    we must deal with nzoth and his army rising
    twist happens (actual twist not the whole sylvanas crap that you guys have been posting about for months)
    we lose the first battle

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    You must be fun at parties
    you can't get water from a stone

Up until heart of the swarm, there she orders the infestation of entire worlds, and creates a swarm with the sole purpose to eradicate the protoss by accident, just because she shows mercy from time to time does not mean she is not a monster.

Kerrigan the psycho got godhood as reward, I just hope the screecher does not receive the same.
    It's not really a reward, though. It's a job. Amon's desire to destroy the universe and remake it in his image was born out of his rage over getting godlike power and then using it to create some life and having to go to sleep until dying, after all.

And it's not like Kerrigan even got godhood as a reward for doing something good. It's just that she literally was the only person capable of becoming a Xel'naga. It was after she became a Xel'naga that she went on creating new life and also instructed the Zerg to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    It's not really a reward, though. It's a job. Amon's desire to destroy the universe and remake it in his image was born out of his rage over getting godlike power and then using it to create some life and having to go to sleep until dying, after all.
    She did not suffer any real negative consequences for her actions, she got this power boost, ensured the swarm got to stay prosperous and then grabbed her boy toy and went on in her happily ever after, despite a phenomenal killing spree in the entire sector.

It was after she became a Xel'naga that she went on creating new life and also instructed the Zerg to do the same
    Does it change her miserable character? Being bitchy selfish and vindictive? No not in the least she is a menace waiting to happen. It is almost as bad as if Alarak would have gained such power.

She did not suffer any real negative consequences for her actions, she got this power boost, ensured the swarm got to stay prosperous and then grabbed her boy toy and went on in her happily ever after, despite a phenomenal killing spree in the entire sector.

Does it change her miserable character? Being bitchy selfish and vindictive? No not in the least she is a menace waiting to happen. It is almost as bad as if Alarak would have gained such power.
    She also deposed a tyrant so his benevolent son could take over, and killed an evil god who would have a far greater killing spree (even if we include her pre-reinfection persona, which is, contrary to what Verdugo says, is confirmed to be under residual influence of Amon). And the Swarm's prosperity was essentially ensured by them going against their primary function, which put Zagara in direct conflict with Abathur.

And I don't get where you see selfishness and vindictiveness in her character at the moment of her ascendance. Her vindictiveness died with Mengsk, and she was only ever particularly selfish during her first Queen of Blades era. Her entire human part is involved with greater causes, and she essentially regards her divinity as her chance to truly atone. Declaring her a menace waiting to happen is baseless paranoia, especially with Raynor by her side.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    She also deposed a tyrant so his benevolent son could take over, and killed an evil god who would have a far greater killing spree (even if we include her pre-reinfection persona, which is, contrary to what Verdugo says, is confirmed to be under residual influence of Amon). And the Swarm's prosperity was essentially ensured by them going against their primary function, which put Zagara in direct conflict with Abathur.

And I don't get where you see selfishness and vindictiveness in her character at the moment of her ascendance. Her vindictiveness died with Mengsk, and she was only ever particularly selfish during her first Queen of Blades era. Her entire human part is involved with greater causes, and she essentially regards her divinity as her chance to truly atone. Declaring her a menace waiting to happen is baseless paranoia, especially with Raynor by her side.
    You can see it that way, I don't so lets leave it at that.

For me Kerrigan is a cold hearted killer, with few redeeming qualities