Poll: Which version of WoW had the best raids?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Every raid since the camera distance nerf feels artificially "optimized" for me.
    I miss big arenas WITHOUT WALLS, even Zaqul has walls which interfere with my camera so that's it.

Ulduar is best raid for me, ever made by Blizzard. Huge, different way to achieve different approach. Alone in The darkness, needed so much skills and mechanics to catch with.

BC. I could not put WotLK there because of ToC (probably the most lazy and boring raid ever).

My top 3:
    1) Ulduar (WotLK)
    2) AQ40 (Vanilla)
    3) Karazhan (BC)
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2019-09-18 at 09:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i know it will be unpopular but for me ? Cataclysm - they had perfect mix of difficulty in there
    I don't know that it's that unpopular. People didn't like Cata as an expac, and Dragonsoul is pretty reviled, but I don't think the raiding as a whole was disliked. In fact, most people really liked Tier 11 raids. I don't think Firelands was unpopular either, minus the fact it was pretty short for a raid tier (rip abyssal whatever, the scrapped sister raid). Mostly Dragonsoul just burned people.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Bit Surprised how few votes Cata has. I guess the only decent raid they have is Firelands, and Dragon Soul is just to much of a dissapointment that still left a sour taste. I've always found raiding to be quite fun, though not so much today because of how the gear system works. I give credit to TBC raiding for having a great progression system which you don't see anymore. WotLK has some of my favorite raids in the game though, which is why I voted it. MoP had ToT which is really good, but I didn't like their starting raids and SoO lasted way to long. WoD raiding was very solid aswell, possibly my 2nd vote. Legion was meh, really didn't like Tomb of Sargeras. BFA doesn't stand out as I don't really like their raids.

I started playing late 2006 (2 months before pre-BC) and the raiding moment i enjoyed the most was WoD by far.
    Classic and BC where just baby raids with tons of bugs and terrible tuning.
    Wotlk had one of the best raids (Ulduar) while still having lots of terrible raids (Naxx, 1 boss raids...)
    Cata was okay-ish until DS came out. DS was terrible.
    MoP had a terrible first tier which is a deal breaker for me, ToT was awesome tho. SoO was too long (in both number of bosses and lifespan)
    WoD had a meh first raid but BrF and HFC where awesome. I count BrF as my personal favorite.
    Legion first raid was awful, ToV was overetuned; nighthold and antorus where good, ToS was TERRIBLE. I enjoyed KJ but every other boss felt like a chore.
    BfA, too soon to rank, it seems to be bellow Legion and WoD. Uldir was okay-ish (good tuning) BoD was super easy until Jaina (Meka was great fun tho), CoS was terrible in so many ways, EP has only 1 really interesting boss.

WoD makes the cut for me because i enjoyed EVERY raid (even if highmaul was meh) and it was super easy to reroll characters and pug; and also had a "decent" class balance. On a side note cause it's not tied to raiding, CMs where also a blast if you pushed times

Gotta say I love the Firelands raid & outdoor content patch the most. Close second is Throne of Thunder & Isle of Thunder. After that nothing came close so far for me. So yeah Cata/MoP.

amm, I really would have loved to raid in WoD, sadly I was a scrub that expansion. MoP I can't just can't buy that, except for SoO.
    I would like to say: WotLK/Legion. WotLK had ICC/Ulduar, which for the most part was really nice and Legion had Nighthold, Toms of Soakeras, which had nice fights and shit tunning, and Antorus was quite enjoyable from Imonar and onwards.
    Atmosphere: TBC. It just felt epic. Sunwell was not that good imo, but all the raids up to it were not very great in mechanical design, but the feeling to it, oh boy!

It really depends on what you mean with best raids.

Wrath was really cool in that sense that it allowed for a lot of pugging. The gearing system in wrath also encouraged people to do old raids. Through the entire expansion you could find people doing lower tier raids and it was overall a very social expansion. It was probably not the best though in terms of boss fights.

Cataclysms first raid tier was honestly amazing and probably one of the best raid tiers ever released. The rest of the raids were pretty lackluster though. Firelands felt like it was missing half the raid and the difficulty was out of whack with the first bosses being super easy and the last being a brick wall. The middle difficulty bosses was absent. Lets not even talk about DS.

MoP was pretty good. Didnt like WoD or BFA raids that much. Didnt play legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP or WoD I'd say.
    Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar were both fantastic, but the others were Meh.
    WoD had overall decent raids, but nothing fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think ppl gonna vote for expac where they raided the most. For me its gonna be MoP because i had awesome guild back then, raiding 10 man heroic was a pleasure with that bunch and overall we had good players but without "elitest with stick in his ass" mentality. Also MoP was very good in terms of class complexity.

Im sure locks to this remeber lei shen vision trinket, as well as dk's their feather of jikun and festerblight playstyle

7+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say to be honest.

I only started raiding in TBC and might be biased but I felt it had a lot of really good raids with Kara, Tempest Keep and Black Temple.

In wotlk I only liked Ulduar but damn what a raid it was.

Cata raids were mostly bland and forgettable apart from Firelands that was really fun.

I am one of those who really enjoyed Mogushan Vaults and can say that I really miss having Lorewalker Cho along in raids. Throne of Thunder was also fun even if it was a bit too linear to my tastes.

WoD raids were bland and forgettable. Worst raids imo.

Legion had several memorable raids with Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold, not to mention Antorus.

BfA raids are to me rather meh. Haven't really bothered to play them much due to no tier sets to collect.

All in all I think Legion wins for the best raids for me.

Voted MoP. WoD is definitely up there because BRF was just so good. But MoP had Vaults, Throne of Thunder (one of my top 3 raids) and had Blackfuse which is definitely one of the most fun fights I've ever done.

MoP but I also thought class design was best in that expansion so that's probably influencing my opinion. Also while HoF was a mediocre raid I never thought it was THAT bad, excluding Ambershaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    WoD is definitely up there because BRF was just so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    BRF is probably the best raid in WoW (yeah, I think it is better than Ulduar) and HFC was very well executed when it came to thematics and had solid encounters; if it was not for the legendary ring messing up the tuning for the raid it would have been even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    WoD had a meh first raid but BrF and HFC where awesome. I count BrF as my personal favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    BRF is the best raid Blizzard has even designed and HM is in the top 5.

I never raided BRF, can you please elaborate why this raid was so great and is considered to be one of the best raids ever? I'm really curious now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

WoD and MoP.

WoD had BRF, 'nuff said.

MoP had Throne of Thunder, SoO, and a first tier with 3 different raid locations which I really enjoyed.

ToC no trash , ICC because of Arthas, hated start of MoP when our MT was topping meters, it was a big WTF? Blizz, enjoyed ToT, SoO, all of WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP and Legion, with legion ontop.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have said Wrath if the last 8 months of the expansion didnt consist of PUG raiding faceroll content because of a rough content drought. So I ended up picking MoP for the best raids. And only raids.

Upon reflection, would have to be The Burning Crusade.

Wave 1: Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon
    Wave 2: Serpentshire Cavern, Tempest Keep
    Wave 3: Mount Hyjaal, Black Temple
    Wave 4: Sunwell

No other release on expansion came close in terms of volume + quality. There were a bunch of filler/garbage fights in TBC raids, but they all had memorable moments -- Karazhan might be the best raid start to finish in WoW history; Gruul and Magtheridon were huge struggles at the start of TBC. Lady Vashj and Kael'Thas were incredible fights; Hyjaal was lore rich; Illidan is a legendary fight. Sunwell had multiple crazy phases, including the guildbreak M'uru.