View Poll Results: Which version of WoW had the best raids?

Voters
562. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vanilla / Classic

    5 0.89%
  • The Burning Crusade

    87 15.48%
  • Wrath of the Lich King

    129 22.95%
  • Cataclysm

    32 5.69%
  • Mists of Pandaria

    147 26.16%
  • Warlords of Draenor

    74 13.17%
  • Legion

    63 11.21%
  • Battle for Azeroth

    25 4.45%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    Tough one, I want to say MoP but MoP also has Heart of Fear, the only raid I haven't gotten ahead of the curve in because my guild only killed Grand Empress Shek'zeer once before we said fuck that raid, and I wasn't there that one time we killed her.

  2. #182
    I know it's the edgy thing to say, but I genuinely think that Cata's t11 was the best raid tier, for a long list of reasons, both relative and objective. Firelands was also pretty good, but certainly very (too) small. Dragonsoul was just unfortunate, and looked all the worse coming right after t11 and t12, not to mention everything else going very wrong at Blizzard at that time.

    Everything considered I would probably still give it to Cata.

  3. #183
    WOTLK for me because it was the only expac where I raided every actual content when it was released and had a good group of people to raid with thoughout.

    What use are excellent raids if guilds or raid groups fall apart mid expansion?

  4. #184
    I'd say MoP for ToT & SoO. WoD for BRF & Highmaul. For legion: Argus was cool and all, but emerald nightmare and ToS were really bad and some of Nighthold just really wasn't fun. BFA had Ghuun... ugh.... and then 8.1 was just a huge lore wtf that made me not even want to do the raid and didn't feel epic at all.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-10-15 at 06:18 PM.

  5. #185
    Obviously not Wrath as they shooted themselves in the foot with 3.2 Trial of the Crusader. BC or MoP.

  6. #186
    Elemental Lord Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    8,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    HoF is one of the least liked raids and for my money the worst they have done. It was such a shit raid I quit and missed ToT completely with the bad taste of it lingering.
    Even if I agreed HoF was as bad as you say (and I don't), that wouldn't knock the expansion as a whole down for me.
    The amount of people who are supposedly over WoW/hate WoW, yet continue to spend every day of their lives whining about it here on the forums, never fails to astound me.

    Obsession is bad, kids!

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    The best raids were the ones were class design was best, meaning they had high replay value because playing the classes were so fun.

    All of WoTLK, Dragon Soul, ToT and SoO, HFC, Antorus.

    No one gives a shit if Nighthold was a good raid, because your class sucked ass then. No one gives a shit if Firelands was a good raid, because your class sucked ass then. The raids are the art and the classes are like viewing said art through grease-smeared glasses. Woo, Karazhan was a great raid. What did i do in it? Pressed steady shot 117 times and the occasional bestial wrath.
    firelands my class was survival hunter and it was the last time the class was truly fun to play.

  8. #188
    Voted BC because there were no parameters or criteria for what we were judging in the raids.
    If the thread had to vote based on how you enjoyed the boss fights or how the raids looked, it would probably be different, but with it wide open, I asked myself which raid period did I enjoy the most (as I've done them all), and it was easily BC, but that could also because of how the game systems were at the time, and not strictly the raids.

    Overall I really enjoyed BC raids were one size (even Kara and ZA had only one size, although it wasn't 25), one difficulty, great lore behind the raids and a lot of the bosses. They were challenging raids as well, not face roll like classic, but not overly complicated like today's raids where you need 20 different overlapping mechanics to make things difficulty because you have loot (TF) going in that is higher than what drops and destroys the difficulty of it otherwise.

    Most raids have some ups and downs. Nighthold looked great for example, but had waaaay too much trash and a few of the bosses were meh. WoD is often mentioned as having great raids, which I'll admit BRF and to a lesser degree Hellfire were good...but Highmaul for some reason I didn't enjoy at all.

  9. #189
    Wotlk for sure. Trial of the crusader made 95% of our guild quit the game and move over to aion and the last tier (with the dragon got pretty much ignored) Naxx, ulduar and icc were all amazing.

    MoP was also great imo. ToT is still in my top 3 raids.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Even if I agreed HoF was as bad as you say (and I don't), that wouldn't knock the expansion as a whole down for me.
    A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Crazy, right? Its almost like people have different opinions and stuff.
    Yeah, and when so few people favor a thing, that thing is usually considered "bad" overall.

    Crazy, right?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  12. #192
    Elemental Lord Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    8,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Yeah, and when so few people favor a thing, that thing is usually considered "bad" overall.

    Crazy, right?
    Oh, so you have poll data from the millions of people who played/raided during Mists? By all means, link it, that way I can see which raid most of them prefer.

    I'll wait.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
    WoW isn't a chain, its a video game. One that some of you seem to take much too seriously.
    The amount of people who are supposedly over WoW/hate WoW, yet continue to spend every day of their lives whining about it here on the forums, never fails to astound me.

    Obsession is bad, kids!

  13. #193
    Stood in the Fire Chromell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    447
    I don't know what's the deal with Blizzard and tier 2 raids of each expansion, they seem the be always the best (Ulduar, Firelands, Throne of Thunder, Nighthold, etc...). I voted MoP. To this day ToT is my favorite raid of all time. Love the ambience, love the bosses, the music, the lore.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

    WoW isn't a chain, its a video game. One that some of you seem to take much too seriously.
    When people are talking about a collective work the worst of that bunch matters. When a raid is so bad groups stop raiding it has a big impact on what comes next because some don't even see it. We have seen this in BfA with so many jumping ship on that 2 boss turd after BoD.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I don't know what's the deal with Blizzard and tier 2 raids of each expansion, they seem the be always the best (Ulduar, Firelands, Throne of Thunder, Nighthold, etc...). I voted MoP. To this day ToT is my favorite raid of all time. Love the ambience, love the bosses, the music, the lore.
    I guess its the patch in an expansions lifecycle that has the most work dedicaded to it, the first tier is always gonna be impaired by the fact that every department has other things to do in making the whole expansion in the first place and the last tier has the same problem with devs already on the next expansion i imagine, that leaves the second tier with the most time, but thats my armchair speculation.

  16. #196
    Stood in the Fire Chromell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I guess its the patch in an expansions lifecycle that has the most work dedicaded to it, the first tier is always gonna be impaired by the fact that every department has other things to do in making the whole expansion in the first place and the last tier has the same problem with devs already on the next expansion i imagine, that leaves the second tier with the most time, but thats my armchair speculation.
    That's a good argument, and a good speculation.

  17. #197
    Classic: was my best time in WoW, both raiding and outside of raids. I play Classic now and enjoying it a lot, but to be honest, I can't say raids were any good - too simple - obviously, since it has been the first Blizz experience.

    TBC: Well, mostly good raids. I didn't like SSC/TK much, didn't like those 1-2 boss raids at all, but BT was nice, Kara was good and the Sunwell with bosses like Muru obviously gave some challenge ^^

    WotLK: Ulduar still is the one of the best raids imo, I still think that Ulduar hard mode starting mechanics was the best idea. ICC was very good too, but I definitely can't say WotLK was the best since it has such abomination as undertuned Naxx. RS and TotGC was suck too. And I can't forgive the absence of AzjolNerub hub/raid

    Cata: Well, the first tier was nice, at least it provided some challenge to hardcore guilds - was a nice race to watch, not like today - 80% of bosses in the day 1. Firelands was fine, Deathwing raid mostly meh.

    Pandaria: first tier was really unmemorable, ToT was good, and OG raid was definitely one of the best in WoW
    .
    Draenor/Legion/BfA: now we are in the golden age of raiding. Bosses have many complex abilities, the fights are dynamic, problem is every raid feels quite the same though. All tiers of Draenor was good - one more raid though wouldn't hurt - HC was active for far too long. Legion was fine too, the raids though was less memorable. BfA - I enjoy so far. The expansion itself pretty meh though.

    To sum it up:
    WoD > BfA > Pandaria > WotLK > Legion > TBC > Cata > Vanilla

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Oh, so you have poll data from the millions of people who played/raided during Mists? By all means, link it, that way I can see which raid most of them prefer.

    I'll wait.
    I'll wait for you to read up on how "polling" and "trends" work, first.

    BTW I don't even know why you're rambling on about MoP. I never even talked about MoP. I said I thought it was funny that Vanilla/Classic had so few votes. So whatever point you're trying to make isn't working, because you're not even on the subject.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2019-10-16 at 12:38 PM.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  19. #199
    Herald of the Titans Strawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I keep getting banned
    Posts
    2,654
    WotLK. I enjoyed every raid in it.
    Especially that raid with no trash. Because fuck trash.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •