Poll: How will the future classes deal with the lack of specific Order Hall?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Future new classes all starting at 110+?

Greetings!

So... today I was thinking about how would future new classes play the Legion 100-110 content if they don't have a proper Order Hall?

These are the only options that came to my mind:

- They'll use one of the others lore-wise similar class Order Hall for completing the campaing questline?
    - The new classes simply ignore the Legion campaign questline and just do random questing on the Broken Isles till they reach 110? (this would be completely dumb and weird)
    - The yet still not confirmed incoming level squish happens and they completely skip the Legion xpac? (lets say they can quest in Draenor till 110 and go directly to BfA content)
    - Start at level 110+?

Tell me what you think...

10+ Year Old Account
    If the level squish is really going to happen, players could bypass Legion content completely. If Legion content must be leveled through, Blizzard will probably just give the new class a hub in dalaran and sprinkle some level appropriate weapons.

I think Blizz probably fucked up and didn't consider that. Or they knew that they wouldn't be adding a new class before they do a world revamp and make Legion optional content. Still, even if that's the case, it'll be interesting to see what they do for people that do want to do it, even if it's optional.

Unless they do just do every new class from now on is a hero class that starts at the start of whatever expansion they're released on like Demon Hunters. I expect that's probably the way they'll go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If the level squish is really going to happen, players could bypass Legion content completely. If Legion content must be leveled through, Blizzard will probably just give the new class a hub in dalaran and sprinkle some level appropriate weapons.
    ...and that would be a shame since the whole Legion Order Campaing/Artifact was one of the most interesting mechanics in recent WoW. (imo)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I think Blizz probably fucked up and didn't consider that. Or they knew that they wouldn't be adding a new class before they do a world revamp and make Legion optional content. Still, even if that's the case, it'll be interesting to see what they do for people that do want to do it, even if it's optional.

Unless they do just do every new class from now on is a hero class that starts at the start of whatever expansion they're released on like Demon Hunters. I expect that's probably the way they'll go.
    This would also be my bet. All hero classes from now on...

Quest board instead of class halls, scaling Legion level appropriate weapon instead of artifact, and you're set.

Sure it's lazy but do you really expect they haven't planned ahead (They plan like three expansions ahead every release) and so they'll never add another class again, ever?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Why would a new class need an Order Hall to begin with? They are pretty unnecessary as it is after they removed artifacts. All they need to do is add some NPCs to Dalaran so they can give you quests to move the campaign along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Quest board instead of class halls, scaling Legion level appropriate weapon instead of artifact, and you're set.

Sure it's lazy but do you really expect they haven't planned ahead (They plan like three expansions ahead every release) and so they'll never add another class again, ever?
    That would be so boring... I would rather they make it completely skippable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hope so, fuck leveling. Doubt we’ll see an Order Hall though. Khadgar will just go “Looks like you have no order hall. Here, pick a quest to do”.

Quote Originally Posted by pharma View Post
    That would be so boring... I would rather they make it completely skippable.
    How it is any different than what we have now in Legion? We don't farm traits, we don't farm relics and all the AP is grey vendor trash. Scaling questing weapon would really be more boring / any more lazier, than what we have now? The quest reward AP are literally grey vendor trash, does it get any lamer than that?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

- level squish to skip Legion
    - breadcrumb quests that lead to Legion content without having to use Order Halls

Also, just give them some shitty blue weapon with Relic slots to increase item level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I hope so, fuck leveling. Doubt we’ll see an Order Hall though. Khadgar will just go “Looks like you have no order hall. Here, pick a quest to do”.
    New classes being haunted by Khadgar's Head on a Ball every time they complete a quest... eww

It'd suck if they just skipped out making them an order hall, even if I feel like that's probably what'll happen. They still haven't updated that pandaria quest that showcases your race for allied races.

...and that would be a shame since the whole Legion Order Campaing/Artifact was one of the most interesting mechanics in recent WoW. (imo)
    I never did Legion when it was relevant, and I leveled up my chars when BFA offered a free-for-7-days trial that included Legion content. While the Artifact quests were fun, you don't have any progression with it anymore since Artifact Traits were taken away. Of course, you don't need it for any of the content, but the 'interesting mechanics' are already gone as far as a new player is concerned.

I'm guessing they'll create the "orphan class" order hall, which will have a place for Light's Heart, a generic upgrade progression, and some generic champions (maybe someone like Johnny Awesome). Skip the class-specific scenarios and just receive a weapon with appropriate relics from a quest giver. They may have already designed this place and just haven't had a class to use it yet.

However, with the anticipated level squish, I really doubt classes will be starting at 110. I think the next class they'll introduce will be another non-hero class (e.g. monk) given the level squish as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It'd suck if they just skipped out making them an order hall, even if I feel like that's probably what'll happen.
    I've never seen blizzard making "new content" for past expansions beside quick fixes on something that impacts current expansion, so... that's exactly whats going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could just add a npc in dalaran that gives you all nececery quests. No need to give em an entire orderhall and everything.
    Its not like dk,dh and monk got tier sets from previous expansions for example.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-09-16 at 04:36 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    However, with the anticipated level squish, I really doubt classes will be starting at 110. I think the next class they'll introduce will be another non-hero class (e.g. monk) given the level squish as well.
    Yeah... that makes sense. IF the level squish happens, it may actually end the need for the hero classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    They could just add a npc in dalaran that gives you all nececery quests. No need to give em an entire orderhall and everything.
    Its not like dk,dh and monk got tier sets for example from previous expansions.
    If that happens the whole Legion expansion experience would be ruined... unless that quest giver NPC is on a similar existing class order hall. That way it wouldn't be so bad.

Order halls are pretty meaningless to the leveling experience. As others said, you just need a scouting map on dalaran and a 100-110 "heirloom" weapon given to you.

- - - Updated - - -
    If that happens the whole Legion expansion experience would be ruined... unless that quest giver NPC is on a similar existing class order hall. That way it wouldn't be so bad.
    I mean sure, but do you go through the legion experience now, even with the classes that have order halls? I'd argue not, even if you go out of your way to unlock artifact appearances or whatever, it'll still be a very different experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I'm guessing they'll create the "orphan class" order hall, which will have a place for Light's Heart, a generic upgrade progression, and some generic champions (maybe someone like Johnny Awesome). Skip the class-specific scenarios and just receive a weapon with appropriate relics from a quest giver. They may have already designed this place and just haven't had a class to use it yet.
    I kinda like that idea of a "past legion new classes order hall" where the new class player would just be given an upgraded weapon every level or so.

I'm just thinking about all the extra work that blizz would have to implement to fix a "hole" on a previous expansion. I kinda don't see them bothering with that, and just making the new class use another class order hall.