Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Look, I use flying myself because as another poster said, you have to.
    now, you dont have to. you can use only ground mounts and be fine. what you saying is you are a hypocrit you doesnt belive what he is sayin about flying hurting the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    I want World of Warcraft to get BETTER, and I think this would add a new layer of complexity to ALL mounts.
    making something COMPLEX doesnt make it better *looks at tbc raid attunements*

    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Jesus people are so salty over flying its incredible.
    Jesus this kid is so salty when people show him how wrong he is

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Did we really need another one of these threads?

    For a major part of every new expansion since WoD, you're grounded. While leveling, while going to the raid, while world questing. More than halfway through it, you unlock the ability to use a flying mount after you've done more or less all the main forms of content that are available in both launch and additional zones.

    This system works fine and nobody's going to be more impressed by having to run through the same group of naga mobs or past the same stone for the 50000th time instead of the 25000th time.
    if anything,the system shows the flaws of flying even more glaringly.When flying becomes available,you can visibly see the world of the expansion dies by the day

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    now, you dont have to. you can use only ground mounts and be fine. what you saying is you are a hypocrit you doesnt belive what he is sayin about flying hurting the game.
    Plenty of people dislike titanforged stuff

    Now,you don't have to equip it,you can only equip standard gear without sockets and be fine,what all these people are saying are that they're hypocrites and don't really believe in what they're saying about titanforging hurting the game

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    if anything,the system shows the flaws of flying even more glaringly.When flying becomes available,you can visibly see the world of the expansion dies by the day
    I have to point out that you're making the mistake of assuming correlation equates to causation. The simple fact that unlocking flight requires you to do virtually everything there is to do in the open world practically guarantees that the open world "dies". Flying has nothing to do with it. If anything, flying actually keeps people in the open world long after there isn't really anything left to do.

    If you want a real reason why the open world dies, you should look at how Blizzard basically treats the open world as leveling content and nothing else. The open world "dies" when Blizzard stops giving meaningful content for it, flying or not.

    Blaming flight for everything wrong with WoW has been one of the biggest fallacies of this argument since the beginning.
    Sylvanas has left the Guild.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I have to point out that you're making the mistake of assuming correlation equates to causation. The simple fact that unlocking flight requires you to do virtually everything there is to do in the open world practically guarantees that the open world "dies". Flying has nothing to do with it. If anything, flying actually keeps people in the open world long after there isn't really anything left to do.

    If you want a real reason why the open world dies, you should look at how Blizzard basically treats the open world as leveling content and nothing else. The open world "dies" when Blizzard stops giving meaningful content for it, flying or not.

    Blaming flight for everything wrong with WoW has been one of the biggest fallacies of this argument since the beginning.
    but open world content has been increasing a lot with the introduction of world quests,and with the introduction of war mode
    The latter being affected the hardest by flying,as flying essentially turns war mode into a +10% rewards mode since everyone can just avoid conflict by flying

  5. #225
    watch this guys and be amazed

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    B-b-b-but stop that! STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE! /s

    Amade by people who are, in no way, forced to fly.
    I dont care either way .I don't know if there is no way. Plenty of groups would drop you if you had to walk to an instance in favor of someone closer/flying.
    I do think flying damaged the community and world pvp, but that genie is already long out of the bottle and cant be found anymore to put back in.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    but open world content has been increasing a lot with the introduction of world quests,and with the introduction of war mode
    The latter being affected the hardest by flying,as flying essentially turns war mode into a +10% rewards mode since everyone can just avoid conflict by flying
    Again, flying is not actually at fault for the degradation of world PVP. Abuse of phasing to join a steamrolling raid group, and the complete lack of PVP objectives, does more to harm WPVP than flying.

    Your point about using flight to avoid combat isn't really valid, anyway. The net can be used to bring people down, and flight just as easily lets people get to PVP as it allows them to leave.

    Besides which, it's almost universally agreed upon, by people both for and against flight, that toggling War Mode on should disable flying. "Problem" solved.
    Sylvanas has left the Guild.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Besides which, it's almost universally agreed upon, by people both for and against flight, that toggling War Mode on should disable flying. "Problem" solved.
    No, its not universally agreed upon. Actually, it's like complete opposite. Flying has nothing to do with warmode, plus you can dismount people in war mode, plus you can't simply get away while being in combat.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, its not universally agreed upon. Actually, it's like complete opposite. Flying has nothing to do with warmode, plus you can dismount people in war mode, plus you can't simply get away while being in combat.
    I’d rather they add aerial combat so that groups of pvpers can organize in the air but still feel at risk of being attacked. It’s a whole new dynamic and would make more people play in war mode imo as opposed to turning off flying.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, its not universally agreed upon. Actually, it's like complete opposite. Flying has nothing to do with warmode, plus you can dismount people in war mode, plus you can't simply get away while being in combat.
    You have a habit of misquoting. I said "ALMOST universally agreed".

    There's always going to be people who unreasonably disagree, regardless of the topic.
    Sylvanas has left the Guild.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You have a habit of misquoting. I said "ALMOST universally agreed".

    There's always going to be people who unreasonably disagree, regardless of the topic.
    Which is still not the case. Your argument was like "The grass is almost blue". There are tons of people who disagree and for a good reason. Most people like me use warmode for free bonus yet I do engage in world pvp in nazjatar. Up until nazjatar i consider there was no world pvp.

    Without flying that bonus would be basically non-existent, so there would be no world pvp again as people would insta opt-out.

    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765506377
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...g_in_war_mode/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...82_yay_or_nay/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...isable_flying/
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...rmode/222552/6
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ode-and-Flying

    So it's almost universally agreed that warmode should still have flying.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Which is still not the case. Your argument was like "The grass is almost blue". There are tons of people who disagree and for a good reason. Most people like me use warmode for free bonus yet I do engage in world pvp in nazjatar. Up until nazjatar i consider there was no world pvp.

    Without flying that bonus would be basically non-existent, so there would be no world pvp again as people would insta opt-out.

    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765506377
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...g_in_war_mode/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...82_yay_or_nay/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...isable_flying/
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...rmode/222552/6
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ode-and-Flying

    So it's almost universally agreed that warmode should still have flying.
    I checked in most of those threads, and it seems to be almost entirely people arguing about what actually causes harm to PVP. Most of the discussion appears to be around how scaling and phasing did more harm to PVP, with a few mentions of how by the time flight is available the damage to WPVP had already been done. There is some brief mention, also, of Nazjatar, but that was almost completely ruined by phasing abuse to join a steamrolling shard.

    Regardless, there are larger and more pressing issues for WPVP than flying. Turning off flight in War Mode would be a quick and dirty fix to shore things up, but nothing significant will change as long as the game is PVE with PVP slapped on halfassed.

    And for the record, I agree that WPVP should have flying. But you know my post history and stance on flying in general. It's going to require that the entire game actually be designed with flight in might. Both PVE and PVP deserve better use of flying.
    Sylvanas has left the Guild.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Same thing with the mount abilities, its literally just something to add gameplay value to the mount, like a kodo being able to stun enemies it runs through for a few seconds, I could name a thousand example abilities, but long story short its just flavor, thats all.

    For like the 100th time in this post though xD Im not saying remove flying, im saying make all the mounts in the game more interesting to use..
    Yep that's ok. Adding abilities to mounts is fine. I wouldn't mind my many variations of drakes have an attack I can do before I dismount and finish the mobs on a 1-2 minute cooldown. Would help with the elite kill quests.

    However, I'm against any mount speed/behavior changes. I don't want the game play to slow down anymore than it already is. I don't want to run around mountains or try to find that one path going up to the mountain. It's not what I consider fun. Adding ability to climb up mountains to Rams would be cool, but it needs to still run at 100% speed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •